FightBack, the women’s safety application, sends SOS alerts from your phone. FightBack uses GPS, SMS, location maps, GPRS ,email and your Facebook account to inform your loved ones in case you are in danger. Join us and help make our streets safer for women.
Tech Mahindra had long back developed an application called FightBack which was being used only by the staff members of Mahindra Group.
After the gang-rape of a woman in New Delhi, Mahindra’s has now thrown open this smart phone application for public use, beyond Mahindra employees.
The FightBack application tracks a user’s location and sends SOS messages to selected contacts in case of an emergency.
This application is now available for download on the company website for free & IS ONLY FOR INDIAN MOBILE NUMBERS.
The FightBack app allows the user to press on a panic button whenever he/she feels unsafe.
It tracks the location using GPS and alerts chosen contacts about the location map and is available on Android and Blackberry.
Steps – How to download the application
- Register yourself or login through Faceback with Post click.
- After the successful Login in the portal, Click to Download.
- Enter the mobile number on which you want to deploy for the Fight Back application.
- Select your handset on which you would like to download the application from the device list.
- Click on Download button, and you will receive the link to download via SMS.
- By clicking on the downloadable link within the received SMS your application will start downloading.
Do spread this to create awareness.