Regular & Distance learning courses in Health Sector
It is important for you to choose a course on the basis of your interests, aptitude, skills and motivation. You have an option of doing a MBA in Hospital management, MSW etc. While some reputed medical colleges are offering MD courses in Hospital Administration, Madurai Kamraj University and some other institutes have also started offering 2-year full time MBA course in Hospital Administration.
While some institutes are offering certificate and diploma courses in hospital management, you can also pursue short – term distance learning courses in hospital management. The Indian Society of Health Administrators (ISHA) offers one year Distance Learning Programme in hospital administration and nursing administration. The Tamil Nadu Open University also offers 2-year distance learning MBA in Hospital Administration.
With corporatisation as the medical world, the health sector and its allied services are throwing up opportunities like never before. New age hospitals and colleges are today offering state of the art facilities ,services that need professionals right from the front office staff, quality assurance experts, technicians in all specialty areas, customer support, housekeeping and F&B ,to safety, medical counselors and hospital administrators to manage the whole affair.
Medical tourism has already spotlighted India as a medical service Hub in south Asia with the effect of which Indian service providers are drifting to more professional empathetic outlook. Notwithstanding the substantial progress that India has made in health since independence, the country still faces a serious health challenge. The root causes of this challenge are inadequate human resource capacity and poor support systems in health.
These courses or programmes aim to impart knowledge to working public health professionals and others who seek to upgrade themselves in the field of health care management and administrative tasks in health care organizations
Various opportunities promised by this sector are Quality, Hospital Operations, NABH/ISO Consultants, Marketing Executives, Corporate Affairs, Finance Executives, Planning and Designing consultants, Health Law consultants, Business Analysts, Health care IT Analysts, Project Management, Public Healthcare Administrators, Insurance Executives, Education, Facilitators, Biostatistician, Human Resource managers, Market Research Analysts and last but not the least Entrepreneurs which shapes the service modes through their viable innovation
To be a successful healthcare professional a person requires a service -oriented bent of mind ,high emotional quotient and the ability to work 24×7.The sector also offers prospects of global recognition with medical tourism becoming more widespread.
Professional administrators with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in hospital administration are needed in every new hospital. There is no doubt that these areas of specialization are lucrative careers in themselves and training in hospital management can make one more efficient.
If you are interested in further studies, you can look at an MD level post graduate course. These offer the following options: (i) MD – Doctor of Medicine – Repertory (ii) MD – Doctor of medicine – Organon of medicine with Homeopathic Philosophy (iii) MD – Doctor of Medicine – Homeopathic Materia Medica. (iv) MD – Doctor of Medicine – Practice of Medicine (v) MD – Doctor of Medicine – Homeopathic Pharmacy (vi) MD – Doctor of Medicine – Psychiatry (vii) MD – Doctor of Medicine – Pediatrics. This is usually of a 3 year duration.
Where You can Join ?
Major Institutions In India
- School of distance education. University of Kerala (ACCREDITED B++ BY NAAC),Karyavattom,Kerala.695581
- All India Institute of Local Self Government, Sthanikraj Bhavan, CD Barfiwala Marg, Andheri West, Mumbai-58.
- Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH Govt. of India
- Training Courses under NRHM – National rural Health Mission
- The Indian Society of Health Administrators – Courses on Hospital Administration (ISHA)
- Birla Institute of Science and Technology, Pilani-333 031, Rajasthan.
- Jawahar Lal Nehru Homeopathic Medical science, Badnera Road,Amravati
- Christian Medical College, Vellore-632 002, Tamil Nadu.
- Department of Management Studies, Madurai Kamaraj University, Palkalai Nagar, Madurai-625 021.
- Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi-110 007.
- Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR), Opp.Sanganer Airport, Jaipur-302 011.
- Institute of Management Studies, Devi Ahalya Viswa vidyalaya, Indore-452 001, Madhya Pradesh.
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, University Building, Madhav Nagar, Manipal-576 119, Karnataka.
- National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Mehrauli Road, Munirka, New Delhi-110 067.
- School of Medical Education, Gandhi Nagar, Kottayam-686 008, Kerala.
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar, Mumbai-88.
- Administrative Staff College of India, Bella Vista, Khairatabad, Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad-500 082.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110 029
- Institute of Health Management Research, Sy.No. 319, Hulimangala, Electronic City, Bangalore
- Institute of Clinical Research,D 41, Ground Floor, Defence Colony,New Delhi -24
- The Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital Management Programme of ASCI
- Symbiosis Centre for Health Care, Pune : PG diploma in hospital and health care management and medico-legal systems.
- Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad
- Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration, Apollo Hospital Campus, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad-500 033.
Reputed institutions offering courses in Hospital Management:
For medical students:
- The National Institute of Health and Family Welfare, New Mehrauli Road, Munrika, New Delhi-110067. (It offers PG certificate course I Health and Family Welfare Management through Distance Learning).
- AIIMS, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110029. (Non-medical sponsored graduates with 60 per cent marks and seven years’ work experience I administrative position in hospital are eligible to apply).
- Armed Forces Medical College, Sholapur Road, Pune-411040.
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal-576119.
- Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Panjagutta, Hyderabad-500082
- University of Delhi, Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi-110007. (www.fms.edu).
Courses for non-medical students available at:
- Tata Institute of Social Science, Sion-Trombay Road, Deonar, Mumbai-400088.
- Apollo Institute of Hospital Administration, Apollo Hospital Campus, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad-500033.
- Indian Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR), 1, Prabhu Dayal Marg, Sanganer Airport, Jaipur-302011.
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute (Deemed University), Porur, Chennai-600116.
Health Related Courses by Apollo Hospital Group
- PG Dipl in Healthcare Operations Management
- PG Diploma in Hospital Administration
- Fellowship in Clinical Research
- Certificate Course in Medical Tourism
- Certificate Course in Healthcare Quality Management
- Diploma in Health Insurance
- Diploma in Family Medicine
- Diploma in Emergency Medicine
- PG diploma in Cardiac Rehabilitation
- PG diploma in orthopedic rehabilitation
- PG diploma in sports rehabilitation
- PG diploma in neurological rehabilitation
- PG diploma in respiratory therapy
- International Postgraduate Paediatric Certificate
Medical tourism, Quality, Hospital Operations, NABH/ISO Consultants, Marketing Executives, Corporate Affairs, Finance Executives, Planning and Designing consultants, Health Law consultants, Business Analysts, Health care IT Analysts, Project Management, Public Healthcare Administrators, Insurance Executives, Education, Facilitators, Biostatistician, Human Resource managers, Market Research.
Professional administrators with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in hospital administration are needed in every new hospital.
NB : Candidates are requested to check the authenticity and affiliations with the concerned institute before joining to the courses. If you find any other reliable health related courses which you think will help other doctors also…many of our fellow doctors are unaware of such courses… please email to us at [email protected]