ICR Group of institutions
The M.D. (Hom.) courses are recognized by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi and the Government of Maharashtra and are currently affiliated to the University of Mumbai .
The Courses are:
- M.D. (Hom) Organon of Medicine and Homeopathic
- Philosophy (P)
- M.D. (Hom) Materia Medica (MM)
- M.D. (Hom) Repertory (R)
- M.D. (Hom.) Medicine (Md)
- M.D. (Hom.) Paediatrics (Pd)
- M.D. (Hom.) Psychiatry (Ps)
Based on sound principles of General education and Homeopathic Medical Education, the Course is founded on the solid work of a dedicated team working in the field of Homeopathic Medical Care, Education and Training for the last 45 years.
The Training will be based on the Homeopathy (Post graduate Degree Course) M.D. (Hom.), 1989 and 2001 notification issued by the Central Council of Homeopathy, New Delhi and the Syllabus adopted by the University of Mumbai. All rules prescribed by the Central Council of Homeopathy and the University of Mumbai with respect to the Dissertation project-based study etc. will be strictly adhered to.
- A Course built around physicians and their patients; they may be within the precincts of the Hospital or in the field, in the clinics or on the mobile.
- A Case-centred approach which enables the students to connect the theory with practice.
- A standardized Patient-Care approach through the employment of the Standardized Case Record System
- Multiple clinical centres for training of the students.
- Training through ORGANON’96, the Institutional software, which sharpens logical faculties and helps evolve sound Clinical Judgment
- A well-stocked library, not only in Homeopathy, but also in clinical and para-clinical subjects, and other related fields like philosophy, education and literature.
- A gradual expansion of responsibilities so that the post-graduate student progressively grows into a physician à supervisor à consultant.
- Utilizing the institutional platform where clinical experiences are shared resulting in the expansion of the common knowledge pool.
- The course uses a variety of forums – the Lecture, the Group session, the Seminar, a Symposium as part of the teaching methodology.
- Duration of the Course: 3 years includes 1 year of compulsory house job and 2 years of resident Post-graduate studentship
- Total capacity for 36 admissions with six per subject
- Rural Homoeopathic Hospital, Palghar
- Share and Care Community Health Center and Smt. Janki Bachoo Dubey Cottage Hospital, Bhopoli
- Malad P. G. Centre, Kurar Village, Malad East
- BMC’s Maternity and Child Holistic Care Centre, Dahisar
- Urban Charitable clinics in Mumbai
- Rural Homoeopathic Clinics in Palghar taluka
- Tribal mobile Health Service in Vikramgarh and adjoining areas
The Training will be based on the Homoeopathy (Post graduate Degree Course) M.D. (Hom.), 1989 and 2001 notification issued by the Central Council of Homoeopathy and the Syllabus adopted by the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik.
Clinical exposure will be arranged at the various OPD and IPD setups of the Dr. M. L. Dhawale Memorial Organizations in Mumbai, Palghar where the learner will be guided and supervised in the Science & Art of Case Taking, Recording & Processing on the Standardized Case Record.
Guided discussion sessions/expositions/seminars where sensitivity training, training in the use of language & logic, communication skills and application of clinical experiencewould remain the focus, the emphasis being on acquiring mastery over the SCR© system.
All rules prescribed by the Central Council of Homoeopathy and the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik with respect to the Dissertation project-based study will be strictly adhered to.
Library work under guidance.
Participation in the 3-day Symposia in Mumbai and Pune and in the public functions where clinical experiences on a pre-designed format are presented and discussed. Prior working out of the cases is a prerequisite at these educational programs.
The programme derives its unique nature from the close integration of the principles and practice of Homoeopathy.
Periodic and final evaluation is a distinctive feature of the program.
One-year housemanship is compulsory. Students will have to complete their 2-year residency programme on the campus of the Institute. In case of deserving candidates, avenues of clinical promotions through the residency programme of the Institute will be made available.
More details : http://www.mldtrust.org/edu_mdprogramme.html.
Download application form : http://www.mldtrust.org/pdf/M.D-Hom-Application-form.pdf