PhD in Homoeopathy faculty also
Kerala University of Health Sciences Thrissur – 680 596
No: 4268/AC II/KUHS/2012 Dated: 23/7/2012
Applications are invited for Ph D program under the Kerala University of Health Sciences for the academic year 2012 – 13.
The application form shall be submitted online
The application fee is Rs. 2000/- for General category and Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST candidates which can be remitted by way of chalan in the A/c Number: 31340212316 – KUHS Students Registration Fund Account, of SBI, KUHAS, Branch.IFSCODE: SBIN0014682.
Last date for submitting the application online is 20th August 2012.
- One guide/co-guide is permitted to supervise only two students in the current session.
- Only the centres defined in clause 4.2 will be eligible. For the current admissions, the departments with at least one batch of PG students passed out will be considered as PG departments.
- The laboratories with at least 5 yrs of good standing as evidenced by at least three completed research projects (supported by known funding agencies) and at least 3 publications in peer reviewed and indexed journals with impact factor >1 (only the works done in the proposed lab will be considered and not the works done by scientists in any other lab) will qualify to be an eligible centre.
- Contact Dean Research Email: [email protected] Phone:+91 487 2207613
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Hall tickets will be issued to all eligible candidates through e-mail.
- Original bank challan must be produced along with the hall ticket at the examination hall.
Guide selection in Homoeopathy
You can opt teachers in the Institutions of the University or of the Institutions affiliated to the University who are in the grade of Associate Professor or an equivalent grade and above with a postgraduate degree in Health sciences with 10 years teaching and research experience after acquiring the postgraduate qualification, having at least 5 publications in peer reviewed scientific/professional journals and guided at least 2 dissertation/thesis or who have already been recognized as supervising teacher to guide research may also be recognized as supervising guides.
Candidates who are applying for admission to the Ph. D. Program in the Department/School/Recognized Institution shall be required to have passed an admission test conducted by the University. The admission test will have two parts with descriptive type questions. First part will be general including topics of Research Methodology, biostatistics and ethics, applicable to all applicants; the second part will be subjectspecific. The qualifying marks shall be 50% in each paper. The tests will be conducted in October/April every year and the result will remain valid for 2 years.
Notification : http://www.kuhs.ac.in/files/2012/acad/noti/phdent.pdf
KUHS research protocol guidelines :
Apply online : http://www.kuhs.ac.in/phdreg.htm
Download PhD regulations : http://kuhs.ac.in/files/syllabus/2010_11/PhD/regulations.pdf