- Aortic hiatus = 12 letters = T12
- Oesophagus = 10 letters = T10
- Vena cava = 8 letters = T8
Duodenum: lengths of parts
- “Counting 1 to 4 but staggered”:
- 1st part: 2 inches
- 2nd part: 3 inches
- 3rd part: 4 inches
- 4th part: 1 inch
Liver inferior markings showing right/left lobe vs. vascular divisions
There’s a Hepatic “H” on inferior of liver. One vertical stick of the H is the dividing line for anatomical right/left lobe and the other vertical stick is the divider for vascular halves. Stick that divides the liver into vascular halves is the one with vena cava impression (since vena cava carries blood, it’s fortunate that it’s the divider for blood halves).
Meckel’s diverticulum details
- 2 inches long.
- 2 feet from end of ileum.
- 2 times more common in men.
- 2% occurrence in population.
- 2 types of tissues may be present.
Download the full mnemonics : www.similima.com/pdf/medical-mnemonics.pdf
Visit : http://www.valuemd.com/mnemonics.php for more mnemonics