Dr Abhishek Dalmia1 Dr Anvesha Yadav2 Dr Sudeepti Sharma3
Abstract: Tinea cruris commonly referred to as ringworm, is fungal infection caused by dermatophytes, a group of fungi. Recurrence is more in summer and rainy weather. A 26 years male Patient came in OPD (outdoor patient department complaints) of violent itching in groin region since 3 years. This case proves the effectiveness of individualized constitutional homoeopathic treatment for the cure of tinea cruris in skin diseases.
Keywords: Tinea Cruris, Sulphur, Homoeopathy, case report.
Introduction– Tinea cruris, Cutaneous mycoses affect 20 to 25 percent of the world’s population. Prevalence in developing and tropical countries have an increased of dermatophyte infections secondary to high temperatures and increased humidity.1 It is very common skin disorder it more affects men more often than women and adults more than children, one of the cause of use synthetic clothes. Mainly affects groins, pubic area, perineal, and perianal area. Morphological feature are seen on the inner aspect of thigh as arcuate, sharply demarcated plaques with peripheral scaling, papulovesiculation, and postulation. Lesions expand centrifugally and center clears. Chronic lesion may show hyperpigmentation.2
This case shows the effect of Homoeopathic medicine Sulphur act very well in tinea. In this case medicine was selected on basis of constitution of patient.
Present complaints and history of presenting complaints- A 26 year male patient attended outpatient department (OPD) Dr. Girendra Pal Homoeopathic Hospital and Research Centre in January 2020 with complaints of “Ringworm‟ (in words of patient) the gluteal region since 3 year. Itching increase after scratching until they bleed, perspiration, sitting and covering. Itching ameliorate after scratching and open air. Patient is apparently healthy since 3 year ago, but the complaints started gradually in face than he took modern treatment and his get relief. Some month after complaints start in shoulder, back and last goes to gluteal region than he again took modern treatment and ointment. Patient failed his treatment then he came to our OPD.
Conclusion – Now a day in fungal infection many ointment are available but they suppress the eruption not cure properly. In this case we see the improvement of tinea cruris on the basis of constitutional homoeopathic medicine.
General management– Some management are very important for fungal infection like proper washing the cloth in hot at least 600 C and drying in sunlight. Sunlight is considered to be the most effective disinfectant for dermatophytes.6 Do not share his clothes, towel, undergarments, comb etc. Try to dry skin as were possible. Wear cotton dress.
Declaration of patient consent– The authors certify that they have obtained written consent, duly signed by the patient and he has even given consent for the photographs and other clinical information to be reported in the journal.
- Pippin MM, Madden ML. Tinea Cruris. [Updated 2020 Dec 28]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2021 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK554602/
- Khanna, N. Illustrated Synopsis of Dermatology and Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 4th ed. Delhi: Elsevier, a division of Reed Elsevier India Private Limited; 2011; 282-290.
- Hahnemann S. The chronic diseases their peculiar nature and their homoeopathic cure. Low Price Edition. New Delhi: B. Jain Pulishers Pvt. Ltd.; 2002
- HOMPATH [Computer Software]. Hompath WildFire Ultimate Lan Version. Mumbai: 2016.
- Clark J.H. A Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica. New delhi: B.Jain Publishers;1991.
- Verma S, Madhu R. The Great Indian Epidemic of Superficial Dermatophytosis: An Appraisal. Indian J Dermatol. 2017;62(3):227-236.
1. Dr Abhishek Dalmia Associate Professor Department of Repertory, PG Scholar Dr MPK Homoeopathic Medical College Hospital & Research Centre (Under Homoeopathy University), Saipura, Sanganer, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
2. Dr Anvesha Yadav PG Scholar Department of Repertory, Dr MPK Homoeopathic Medical College Hospital & Research Centre (Under Homoeopathy University), Saipura, Sanganer, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.
3.Dr. Sudeepti SharmaPG Scholar Department of Homoeopathic Materia Medica , Dr MPK Homoeopathic Medical College Hospital & Research Centre (Under Homoeopathy University), Saipura, Sanganer, Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.