At the time of registration, each person shall submit the following declaration and oath – read and signed by him to the Registrar concerned, attested by the Registrar himself and by a registered practitioner of Homoeopathy in India
- (1) I solemnly pledge myself to consecrate my life to the service of humanity
- (2) Even under threat, I will not use my medical knowledge contrary to the laws of humanity
- (3) I will maintain the utmost respect for human life.
- (4) I will not permit considerations of religion, nationality, race, political beliefs or social standing to intervene between my duty and my patient.
- (5) I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity in accordance with the principles of Homoeopathy and/or in accordance with the principles of biochemic system of medicine (tissue remedies).
- (6) The health of my patient shall be my first consideration.
- (7) I will respect the secrets which are confided to me.
- (8) I will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude which is their due.
- (9) I will maintain by all means in my power the honour and noble traditions of medical profession.
- (10) My colleagues will be my brothers and sisters.
- (11) I make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour.
“On my honour I swear that I shall practice the teachings of Homoeopathy, perform my duty, render justice to my patients and help the sick whosoever comes to me for treatment. May the teachings of master Hahnemann inspire me and may I have the strength for fulfillment of my mission.”
Prepared by RGUHS Karnnataka
I swear by Hahnemann, the great physician, and all the gods and goddesses making them my witness that I will fulfill according to my ability and Judgment this Oath till the last minute of my life.
I shall consider myself as a physician appointed to practice according to the teachings of Homoeopathy and to watch over the life and health of my fellow beings. May the love of my actuate me all times. I shall regard my teacher who has taught me this art equal to my parents.
I shall never see the patient anything but a fellow being in pain and suffering. I shall consider him sick in body, mind spirit. I will treat him accordingly and will advice dietetic, hygienic and preventive measures for his benefit according to the best of knowledge and judgment; I will always avoid any harm or injustice to my patient. I may be granted strength, time and opportunity to fulfill my ideal.
I will always administer drugs, which are prepared according to the instructions laid down in Organon. I will never give any drug, which can destroy life, even if asked for it, nor will I suggest it to anyone. Similarly, I will not give to a woman an abortive drug. Neither thirst for fame, nor a passion for a great reputation will engage my mind and deceive me from my path.
I will always never disclose any of the facts that I may hear during the course of treatment or even outside the treatment to any one, on no account. In this way I will do no evil to any one during his life.
I will always have an open mind. I will correct what I have acquired, if necessary and extend its domain. I will develop a spirit of indefinite limits to acquire knowledge. I will cultivate the vision, to discover my errors of yesterday, to appreciate what I have today and to get the glimpses of the new light of tomorrow.
If I fulfill this Oath and do not violate it in any respect, I may be allowed to enjoy life and the art of Homoeopathy. I may be honored by my fellow beings eternally. If I disagree and swear falsely, may the opposite of all this be my fate.
Who Wrote this for the first time?? Any one Knows that?? Any Idea??