Dr Mansoor Ali
“What during and after BHMS” – a two hour interactive session for the first BHMS students of Govt. Homoeopathy Medical College Calicut.
“A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning” Brad Henry
GHMC Calicut conduct these type of orientation classes regularly for the UG & PG students – because – in order to succeed in homoeopathy, students must know what they are doing, like what they are doing and believe in what you are doing.
Moreover it is the desire of every student that their teacher will give some meaningful learning experience that will help them to fight the challenges in life.
I have a request to all homoeopathy college authorities – please conduct these type of orientation classes to every first BHMS batches, so they may get an idea about the scope of limitations of BHMS.
Teaching in a professional college is not merely what is in the textbook. But a practical application of various aspects of clinical practice and homoeopathic philosophy. Guidance and counselling that is an un avoidable thing in this era.
Main points to include
- Effective preparation – The learning and teaching methods in a medical course is somewhat different form that of higher secondary education
- Basic concept of Homoeopathy and something interesting about the legend Dr Samuel Hahaneman
- Time management
- A brief comparison of BHMS,BAMS and MBBS – including syllabus, duration, career and private practice
- Opportunities India and concerned state
- Opportunities abroad
- Global status of homoeopathy
- Indian scenario homoeopathy
- Higher education in homoeopathy
- Health related courses after BHMS
- How to become a successful homoeopath
- Stalwarts opinion on homoeopathy
What not taught in BHMS
- How to learn from your patients
- How to set up a clinic
- Scope and limitations of BHMS
- How to advertise for getting more patients
- Integration of clinical and non-clinical subjects for a better prescription
- A study of various medical systems in India
- Case taking in different clinical situations- IPD,OPD,Rural, Tribal, pediatric, psychiatric,geriatric etc.
- Various accessory managements like IV, Catheter,Ryles tube, nebulisation etc
- What after BHMS – Career and prospects
- Homoeopathy across the globe
Dr Mansoor Ali
Govt Homoeopathy Medical College. Calicut