nanoOne of the break-through studies in homoeopathy is recently out. It was conducted by reputed institutes under Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, ICMR, Govt. of India, and Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences, an independent medical institute .
In this study, 30CH and 200CH Homeopathic dilutions of Calcarea carbonica, Argentum metallicum and Sepia made by Schwabe India were studied using high-resolution transmission electron microscopy with selected area electron diffraction (SAED). For the toxicity assessment on Zebrafish, embryos were exposed to a test solution.
At the end of the study, it was proved and concluded by the authors as below:
1. “The present study aimed to conclusively prove the presence of NPs in all high dilutions of homeopathic drugs.”
2. “Our findings clearly demonstrate that no toxic effects were observed for these three homeopathic drugs at the potencies and exposure times used in this study.”
It is to be noted that this study is conducted jointly by DST’s and ICMR’s institutes, and MGMIHS, which are not of homoeopathic, but conventional medical institutes.
Organisations involved in this study:
- Department of Medical Genetics, Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences (MGMIHS), Navi Mumbai
- Central Research Laboratory, MGMIHS
- National Centre for Preclinical Reproductive and Genetic Toxicology (under Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India), Mumbai
- National Institute of Research in Reproductive Health (under ICMR), Mumbai
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission College of Engineering and Technology, Navi Mumbai, India
- Department of Medical Biotechnology, MGMIHS
PubMed link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28127503