Dr Jyotirmai B Janbow
Homoeopathy is based on Individualization theory and selection of the remedy is based on similia principal. In finding the similimum case taking plays the major role and if we include handwriting sample of the patient in case taking I helps in understanding the individual in better way as no two individual handwriting is alike. Graphology is the analysis of physical characteristics and patterns of handwriting with attempt to identify the writer’s personality. This article will throw some light on application Graphology in selection of rubrics from complete repertory.
Key words: Graphology, rubric,
In Homoeopathic case taking mental symptoms are of special importance and mind is complex entity consists of conscious, subconscious, feelings, understandings, sensations etc,.Hahnemann explained in aphorism 118 about the importance of individualization in finding the remedy.
When persons writes he/she uses all the areas of brain and it is an act of specialization and co-ordination of both hemispheres and all lobes of brain and involves forming ,Language, thinking , memory and intelligence making once handwriting unique and becomes highly individualistic, for this reasons handwriting analysis can be used in selection of rubrics. Mind section of complete repertory is having vast number of mind rubrics with psychological themes and many cross references which will help in interpretation of handwriting analysis.
Validation of Graphology:
Graphology has some two thousand years of history first mentioned in Roman historian ,In mid of nineteenth century the term Graphology was coined by Abbe Jean-Hippolyte Michon in France ‘graphein’- to write, ‘logos’- study ,Over the past hundred years many doctoral theses have been submitted to faculties in many disciplines of science ,many researches and Meta-analysis show the remarkable significant about the validity at the level of interpretation .
Steps of analysis Handwriting sample:
- Ask person to write about themselves one or two paragraphs followed by signature on blank paper
- Take time to analysis ,do not do hurry in interpretation ,alphabet should be same at least 3-4 times in a given sample then only it is significant.
- Just like fingerprints, no two handwritings are identical because there are endless types of strokes, size of alphabets, margin, slants, pressure , angles, space, capital and small letters ,loops, connections, crossings ,dots etc all these should be analyzed.
In this way handwriting analysis can be done with various factors like
- Space of script
- Spacing between words lines and Letters
- Individual Letters like capital and small letter I,I,T,t,l,g,y,a etc
- Loops, Extra strokes ,Knots, Hooks
- Signature, etc
Each of these factors are analyzed in detail and can be converted in rubrics .
Handwriting analysis can be used as a tool to confirm the chosen rubrics, especially chronic cases where retaking of case is required and the limitation of this is one should learn handwriting analysis, and this can be used for only literate people and cannot be used in serious patients who are unable to write .
References / Bibliography:
- Champa H N ,Artificial Neural Network for Human Behavior Prediction through Handwriting Analysis , International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 2 – No.2, May 2010.
- Complete Repertory ,Mac Repertory,www.synergyhomeopathic.com
- Helmut Ploog, Handwriting Psychology, edition hp,Munich 2014 www.iuniverse.com, www.grophologie.de
- Jess E Dines ,Handwriting Analysis Made Easy ,published by Pantex International Ltd. USA ,Printed and published in India by Sterling Publishers pvt.Ltd.ISBN-978820714694, 1990
- Pradnyaa Sorabh Parikh ,The Power of Handwriting Analysis ,2017 published by Jaico publishing house, Mumbai, www.jaicobooks.com
- Prachi Joshi, Handwriting Analysis for Detection of Personality Traits using Machine Learning Approach ,published in International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 130 – No.15, November2015,40
Department of Community Medicine
Govt.Homoeopathic Medical college and Hospital ,Bangalore-79