The state working committee (SLEG) of RAECH (Rapid Action Epidemic Cell Homoeopathy) by Govt. of Kerala Convened its meeting today and decided the Preventive and Pre Prophylactic remedy for the current epidemic Avian Flu in Kerala.
The medicine is Gelsemium 30
Dosage : Two dose daily (in 1 grain BT) for 5 days
If tablets are not available medicate in Globules and give 4 globules twice daily for 5 days
The District Collectors of the affected area already issued notice to distribute these Homoeopathy medicines with immediate effect.
Key facts (WHO)
- Avian influenza (AI), commonly called bird flu, is an infectious viral disease of birds.
- Most avian influenza viruses do not infect humans; however some, such as A(H5N1) and A(H7N9), have caused serious infections in people.
- Outbreaks of AI in poultry may raise global public health concerns due to their effect on poultry populations, their potential to cause serious disease in people, and their pandemic potential.
- Reports of highly pathogenic AI epidemics in poultry, such as A(H5N1), can seriously impact local and global economies and international trade.
- The majority of human cases of A(H5N1) and A(H7N9) infection have been associated with direct or indirect contact with infected live or dead poultry. There is no evidence that the disease can be spread to people through properly cooked food.
- Controlling the disease in animals is the first step in decreasing risks to humans. [WHO]
As avian influenza was confirmed as the cause of death of nearly 17,000 ducks in the state’s major paddy-growing Kuttanad region in Central Kerala, the government ordered for massive culling of the birds and other poultry in affected areas.