Dr Puneet Kumar Misra B.SC,BHMS
The Homoeopathic Medicine Myristica Sebifera having the great Antiseptic Powers as per the book of Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica by W.Boericke. And also stated that Acts more powerfully often than Hepar or Silica .
After study the studious work on myristica sebifera in the Book of
1) Encyclopedia Pure materia medica vol 06 by T F Allen ,
2) A dictionary of practical Materia Medica Clarke vol 2nd
3) Pocket Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica by W.Boericke.
The following findings are occur
As per encyclopedia Pure Materia Medica vol 06 by T F Allen
Throat- Burning sensation at the bottom of the throat (second day) .Constriction of the isthmus of the pharynx; this pain increases progressively (first day). Difficulty in swallowing the saliva (first day). Superior Extremities Pain in the finger-nails, with swelling of the phalanges (first day).
A dictionary of practical Materia medica Clarke vol 2nd Mure proved and introduced *Myr. Seb. And in the proving occurs this symptoms: “Pain in the finger-nails with swelling of the phalanges.“(*Rev. Hom. Fran. Quoted *Rev. Hom Belge, December, 1898, p 261) gives two experiences of his own with the remedy. (I) A young girl has been three months with her leg in a splint for inflammation of the knee and doughy swelling of entire limb. Cartier came to the conclusion that there was pus in the joint. *Myr. seb. 3, five drops three times a day, was given for three months. Five months later the swelling and inflammation were all gone, walking gave no pain, but the joint was anchylosed. (2) An old man, 87, was seized with sudden arthritis of the shoulder, with intense fever. Allopaths first diagnosed it as osteomyelitis, but later a surgeon was called, in who pronounced it an hands of eminent old-school authorities in Paris, who said nothing could be done, Cartier was sent for, and found, the shoulder quite full of pus, and a particularly painful spot on the scapula, at a point where the bone was said by one authority to be attacked. *Myr. seb. 3, five drops three times a day, was given, In ten days there was no longer suppuration, the size of the joint has become normal, and the tender spot was gone Throat Burning at bottom of throat. Constriction at isthmus of pharynx, this pain increases progressively. Difficulty in swallowing saliva. Upper Limbs Pain in finger-nails with swelling of phalanges.
Pocket manual of homoeopathic material medica by w.boericke.
Inflammation of skin, cellular tissue and periosteum. Traumatic infections. Parotitis. Fistulas. Carbuncles. SPECIFIC ACTION IN PANARITIUM. Pain in the finger nails with swelling of the phalanges. Coppery taste and burning in throat. Inflammation of middle ear, suppurative stage. Acts more powerfully often than Hepar or Silica.
Review of literature
As per above mention and rest part of details in the books it is found that the myrisetica seb act on.
- throat (T F Allen ,W Boeric ke, Clarke)
- hand finger(T F Allen ,W Boeric ke, Clarke)
- suppuration in large joint (j h clarke) Inflammation of middle ear and suppurate stage (w.boricke)
after study all disorder mentioned above, one disorder related to throat ,one from hand and one from the joint& middle ear suppuration , but when entirety of disorder study under Etiology point of view the following finding are occur.
- The Throat is commonly affected by the viral and the gram positive bacteria.
- the Hand & Fingers are commonly affected by allergy and bacterial infection mainly gram positive
- Joint Suppuration and middle Ear suppuration mainly due to the gram positive bacteria
in the above case context the gram positive bacteria is commonly associated with all disorder ,and the staphylococcus & streptococcus most commonest gram positive bacteria, Most infections of the skin, soft tissues and bone are caused by either staphylococci (mainly Staph. aureus) or streptococci Skin and soft tissue infection (including erysipelas, impetigo, necrotizing fasciitis Streptococci are nasopharyngeal and gut commensals. after all above finding over the study are focused on the various disorder caused by staphylococci (mainly Staph. Aureus).
Continues observation of drug action in two years 113 case the following finding are occurred
S.No Disorder No of case Result
- Aphthous ulcers 07 Mild response
- Ear suppuration 06 Rapid response
- General skin infection 18 Rapid response
- Facial skin / acne 19 Slow response
- Dental pain 04 no response
- URTICARIA (NETTLE RASH, HIVES) 07 no response
- Hand skin infection 08 Rapid response
- Nasal infection /sinuses 10 Moderate response
- Throat disorder 14 Moderate response
- Eyes infection /Styes 08 Rapid response
- UTI 07 No response
- Diarrhea 05 No response
During the course of above observation the following finding are seen.
- No effect are seen on the Urticaria , Dental pain, Diarrhea and UTI disorder even after 3-4day on 30/200 c
- Mild effect seen on the apthus but not satisfactory by 30/200c
- Acne and other infective disorder on face slowly respond. 200 c are more effective than 30c
- Nasal and Throat disorder are moderately respond by 200c instead of 30 c and taking the time of 7-10 day on the BD or TDS dose
- general body Skin Infection, Ear Inflammation and Suppuration , eyes infective inflammation are respond very rapidly within 2-3 day but required TDS dose
- In the few case of nasal, throat, ear and eyes infection the positive report for Staph. Aureus are seen.
- In few case where inflammation is more prominent then infection the association of drug with belladonna or heper sulpha gives good results
- The finding show that drug are ineffective on allergy disorder and disorder due to gram negative bacteria
- The drug is susceptibility for disorder caused by gram positive bacteria (Staph. Aureus )
- The dose of drug in 200c is more effective than 30c in TDS/BD frequency up to 8-10 drop.
- In further study of drug, if institution having the facility of culture study of micro organism is provide more evidence based result along with blood picture study for white blood cell status for systemic effect of drug on entire body.
- Davidson Principal & practice of medicine 22nd Edition
- Harrison’s PRINCIPLES OF INTERNAL MEDICINE 18th Edition
- Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease. – 8th Edition
- Text Book of Pathology 6th Edition Harsh Mohan
- Diseases of Ear, Nose and Throat P L Dhingra 3rd Edition
- Text Book of Ophthalmology 5th Edition HV Nema. Nitin Nema
- Boericke – Pocket manual of Homoeopathic meteria medica with repertory.
- Clarke – A Dictionary of Practical materia medica vol II
- Allen T F Encyclopedia of Pure Materia Medica vol 06
Dr Puneet Kumar Misra