Dr V R Krishna Kiran Bhatt
Known as the hottest acids, this individual are thoroughly materialistic, and has little or no connection to spiritual realm. He is full of energy and this he uses to build and empire and in it enjoys his life to the fullest and in the most luxurious manner. His energy is diverted into woman as this is one of the most important areas that Fluoric acid finds joy. But the interest is just physical and he makes sure no relationship is deep enough to anchor him down from enjoying his life. Money, stimulants, power, women and freedom is what this acid is all about.
But as the law of gravity implies, what goes up, must come down. And this holds true for Fluoric Acid too, and that is what awaits him as he progresses through his life, which usually paves way to the diseased state in him to emerge.
Keywords: Materialistic, Buoyancy, Low Mindedness, Sexual excess, Indifference to loved Ones, Crude energy.
- Introduced and proved in low and high dilutions (30th), by Dr Constantine Herring and published in his Guiding symptoms of Materia Medica.
- Fluorine, a component of HCL, is found chiefly in the mineral fluorite (fluorspar).
- It is essential for healthy teeth and gums, and a compound of it, fluoride, is often added to toothpaste and the water supplies of some countries to help prevent tooth decay.
- Prescribed in traditional Chinese medicine for the treatment of anxiety, insomnia, and coughs.
- When fluoric acid comes in contact with moist skin, the heat along with corrosiveness causes liquefaction necrosis and penetrate deep into tissues and result in systemic acidosis, haemolysis and decreased cardiac output.
- It takes long time for this remedy to develop symptoms in proving. Fluoric Acid is a very deep-acting medicine. It is insidious in its action and its symptoms are slow in approach. It is like the deepest and slowest and most tedious diseases, the slowest and lowest forms of disease.
MAIN SPHERE OF ACTION
- Deep Tissues and
AILMENTS DUE TO
- Abuse of mercury
- Abuse of silica
- Loss of sleep
- Physical and mental exertion
- Materialistic and unspiritual nature
- Preoccupation with sexual intercourse
- Indifference to loved ones
- Weakness in the bones, nails and hair
- Increased ability to exercise without danger.
- Is less affected by excessive heat of summer or cold of winter.
- It is the strong feature of fluoric acid to be worse from drinking tea and coffee. Warm drinks bring on diarrhoea, or flatulence, or disturbance in the stomach, and cause indigestion to manifest itself in various way.
- Headache ameliorated by micturition.
- Bone affections stand out prominently. Necrosis, especially of the long bones, but also of the bones of the ear. It creates an offensive acrid discharge from the ear.
- The veins become varicosed anywhere, but particularly upon the lower limbs, especially following pregnancy.
- Persons who have overworked, who have been working day and night to establish a business, or to keep it up, and when there has been constant use of the brain.
- All Acids Are Generally Chilly But -Fluoric acid & Picric acid are hot blooded.
- Flabby and shallow skin
- Prematurely old age
- Fluorine is the lightest, most active and reactive of the Halogens. It forms and breaks relationships very quickly.
- This can be seen in the symptomatology of Fluoricum acidum.
- Fluoricum acidum is flirtatious and has many acquaintances, but no deep relationships.
THE THREE STAGES OF EVOLUTION
FIRST STAGE – CRUDE ENERGY
- Increased ability to exercise without danger; is less affected by excessive heat of summer or cold of winter
- Materialistic– They are behind materialistic rewards such as money, alcohol, Extravagant lifestyle, women, and much more. Debauchee, running after all sorts of things to tickle his fancy.
- Buoyancy– Fluorine is the lightest, most active and reactive of the Halogens. It forms and breaks relationships very quickly. This can be seen in the symptomatology of Fluoricum acidum .Fluoricum acidum is flirtatious and has many acquaintances, but no deep relationships.
- Sexual Excess-The specific direction of this increased energy in the person is indicated by the increased sexual desire. Noon best time for sex 1-2 p.m.
Fluoric acid is particularly suitable for the disorder of human economy where men have continuously changed their mistresses. Fluoricum acidum persons talk very openly about their sexuality. Even in old age, there is increased sexual desire and excessive enjoyment.
There is a state in which a man is never satisfied with one woman. He continually changes women and goes from bad to worse until he is a debauchee.
- Low Mindedness-Fluoric acid is suitable to that condition of enfeeblement of the mind and that disorder of the human economy that makes man so low ,that we have the state described as “low mindedness”
- Gene Simmons an Israeli-American musician, singer, and songwriter once said, “The male species manufactures billions of sperm – it’s our duty to do what the Old Testament says, which is ‘Spread Thy Seed’.
- Indifference to the One He Loves Best-The patient becomes irresponsible and indifferent towards his own family, but is pleasant and animated with strangers and will seem careless, cheerful and exuberant on the outside. All these features represent efforts that could help him break away from the incompatible marriage or relationship. A man needs Fluoric acid when he arrives at the state when he wants to go somewhere else rather than home. He wants to go away from home. He is disturbed at home. Everything annoys him at home He no longer loves his children. He takes an aversion to his children and to his dearest friends and his wife. He lost true and noble and orderly affection and friendship and companionship which ought to exist, and fights against it.
- Dreams- where the inner self revealed– “Sudden death of his son, and also of the son of one of his friends; thinks that in both cases, he has been the one to blame, reproaches himself very much”
- This dream shows a sense of responsibility and guilt, and also of caring for their loved ones – the opposite pole of Fluoricum acidum.
SECOND STAGE-FEAR OF SUFFERING IN THE FUTURE
As age advances, he evolves to that stage in life where he regrets his past deeds or simply is too much fearful of the sufferings that he may have to endure in future. Fear engulfs him as his energy he had slowly plunges down.
Here he becomes-
- Becomes sensitive to others suffering.
- Will go to extremes to save a life of a child with cancer. (Material help)
- When has exhausted his energies, his memory is full of is sexual achievements.
- Can have an orgasm without an erection by imagining a young girl.
- Deep down there is anxiety about his own health.
- Tremendous fear of cancer.
- Tolerates their suffering quite well.
- Tremendous fear of suffering – make friends with doctors. Want to enjoy life and die without suffering.
THIRD STAGE RETICENCE AND SILENCE
And finally he lives to see that stage of life where all the energy is literally drained off and a stage of dormancy is reached where nothing is left for him.
- Sitting and saying nothing.
- He sits in the corner, says and does nothing all day.
- Never uttering one single word and hardly answering when spoken.
- Eats when food is offered and let to the room when the time comes (such is state is found also in Pulsatilla)
WHY THIS DRUG IS MISSED?
When you go through this remedy, it is not surprising that a majority of us will have compared the remedy to the current generation at one point or the other. Be it the intense materialistic desire, the aversion to deep relationship, or just the aversion to the loved ones and his own house. Then why don’t we come across them quite often? The simple answer is we are unable to get that deep into case so as to get these characteristics and most of the times the modesty usually covers up the important details.
Even though theoretically a drug like Fluoric acid might be open minded in all matters, our culture, society, taboos and other social situations might very well condition even the most suited Fluoricum acidum personality to be reserved in all levels of his life making it nearly impossible to find out the true picture in such individuals.
Another point to be noted is that, the second and third stages are not quite familiar to us. This may be attributed to the fact that most people do not reach that stage in their life. Most usually we don’t see this full evolution in their life, may be due to delay in progression to this stages, or simply because they die soon enough to not develop into that stage. Most importantly the slowness that fluoricum acidum has in its progression is an important culprit. This may cause them to be full of this crude energy even in their 80s or 90s and finally die in the first stage itself.
- Bailey PM. Homeopathic Psychology: Personality Profiles of the Major Constitutional Remedies. North Atlantic Books; 1995 Nov 30.
- Vithoulkas G. Materia medica viva. In Materia medica viva 1995. Homeopathic book.
- Coulter CR. Portraits of homoeopathic medicines: psychophysical analyses of selected constitutional types. In Portraits of homoeopathic medicines: psychophysical analyses of selected constitutional types 1986. North Atlantics Books.
- Kent JT. Lectures on homoeopathic materia medica. New Delhi, India: Jain Publishing Company; 1980.
- Clarke JH. A dictionary of pratical materia medica. Homoeopathic publishing Company; 1902.
- Sankaran R. The soul of remedies. In The soul of remedies 1997. Homoeopathic medical publishers.
- Sankaran R. The spirit of homoeopathy. Bombay, India: Rajan Sankaran; 1991.
- Boericke W. Pocket manual of homeopathic materia medica. Homeopathic; 2008.
- Allen HC. Keynotes and characteristics with comparisons of some of the leading remedies of the materia medica with bowel nosodes. B. Jain Publishers; 2002.
Dr V R Krishna Kiran Bhatt
Department of Homoeopathic Materia Medica
Guide: Dr Mini I V
Father Muller Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital, Mangalore