Dr Mansoor Ali
Professor, Govt Homoeopathy Medical College Calicut, India
Homoeopaths are in demand right across Canada and you may be able to secure a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa either with or without a job offer.
Canada is a country in the northern part of North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic to the Pacific and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering 9.98 million square kilometres (3.85 million square miles), making it the world’s second-largest country by total area. Its southern and western border with the United States, stretching 8,891 kilometres (5,525 mi), is the world’s longest bi-national land border. Canada’s capital is Ottawa, and its three largest metropolitan areas are Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver.
As a highly developed country, Canada has the seventeenth-highest nominal per-capita income globally as well as the thirteenth-highest ranking in the Human Development Index. Its advanced economy is the tenth-largest in the world, relying chiefly upon its abundant natural resources and well-developed international trade networks.
“Homeopathy is now a Regulated Health Profession in Ontario. This means that all homeopaths will have to follow the rules of entry to practice standards of practice and competencies as will be outlined by the Regulatory College of Homeopaths. All practitioners will have to be members of the College of Homeopaths if they wish to practice Homeopathy in Ontario.
Ontario regulates homeopathy, other provinces don’t. There is no federal regulation. Outside Ontario, anyone can be a homeopath.
Migrate to Canada as a Homeopath
No doubt you will have read online that having a job offer to move to Canada is a prerequisite to accessing the Express Entry process but as a Homeopath you also have other options to secure your Canada Visa from the start.
For starters, Homeopaths are eligible to apply for Canada Immigration under the Canadian Government’s Immigration program since they have included the occupation on the targeted occupations list, known as the NOC list (National Occupation Code In Demand List).
The code for Homeopaths on the NOC is 3232
This is great news for Homeopaths the world over hoping to live and work in Canada.
Express Entry for Canada is not a visa class at all, it is simply the method (or database) that Canadian Immigration uses to select the right candidates for a permanent residency visa and in that case, as a Homeopath looking to immigrate to Canada we’ll be looking at the Federal Skilled Worker visa and Provincial Nominee program.
Qualifications required to Immigrate to Canada as a Homeopath
- Homeopaths usually require completion of a three-year diploma program in homeopathy.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for Homeopaths in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.
How to Immigrate to Canada as a Homeopath
The first stage in your Canadian immigration process is to calculate your Canada Immigration points for Express Entry using the Canadian Comprehensive Ranking System.
Age limit : 45
Can I immigrate to Canada as a Homeopath without a job offer?
The answer is a resounding yes, providing you have a reasonable total CRS score on your Express Entry application and can meet the 67 immigration point threshold for your Canada Federal Skilled Worker Visa.
Technically there is no minimum CRS score required to submit a Homeopath Canada Express Entry profile.
Of course securing a job offer (documented in the right way for immigration purposes i.e. LMT) will give you an instant CRS boost of 200 points so it makes sense to start this process as soon as is practical.
Requirements for registration in Ontario
- Individual assessment
- First aid and CPR
- Criminal background check
- Reasonable fluency in english or french
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Declaration regarding character/past registration
- Appealing registration decisions
- If the application is complete, you can pay the fee
Individuals who have NOT graduated from an approved program in homeopathy in Ontario must demonstrate their education and training is substantially equivalent to an Ontario graduate of an approved program. To complete the Substantially Equivalent Competence Assessment (SECA) to demonstrate equivalence take the following steps
- From the College website (College of Homeopaths of Ontario) download and read the Substantially Equivalent Competence Assessment (SECA) Handbook
- Send Form B – Certificate of Dean or Principal to your educational institution(s).
- Gather information including education program syllabus, detailed course descriptions, training logs for every homeopathy related learning activity completed.
- Complete a self-assessment reflection form on entry-to-practice competencies and requirements
- Declare language fluency or complete language assessment
- Complete and submit pre-assessment form
- The College will notify you when your application form and all supporting documents have been received.
- It could take up to 20 weeks to process and review your SECA file
- Interview with seca assessor
- Substantial equivalence demonstrated – eligible!!
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION in Canadian Society of Homeopaths
Registered membership with the Canadian Society of Homeopaths is available to all qualified homeopaths who are Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
A 4-year part-time or 3-year full-time course of homeopathy
Practicing homeopaths and recent graduates are welcome to apply for Registered Membership at any time.
- Review the requirements for Registered Membership.
- Complete the Application for Registered Membership form.
- Include photocopies of all relevant documentation.
- Include non-refundable payment of $195 for application process.
- Once your application has passed the Entrance Requirements, you will be informed that you have been granted Associate membership. You now have 24 months during which to complete the Individual Assessment.
- Individual Assessment: Submit 5 written cases.
- Individual Assessment: One-to-two hour phone interview (after case review is completed).
- Assessor reports to Registry Committee, which passes their recommendation to the Board for final approval.
- Successful applicants will be informed of the Board’s approval.
- Complete the Activation of Registered Membership form.
- Include pro-rated payment ($150 or less) for the activation fees.
1. Your CSH registration number and a certificate of registration will be sent to you by mail.
Homeopaths who have been certified by the Council for Homeopathic Certification(CHC) can apply for expedited assessment.
Link : http://www.csoh.ca/Registration_Requirements.htm
There are much other organisation across Canada, you can register to depend upon the province you are staying
Many health insurance companies in Canada cover homeopathy
- Alberta Blue Cross
- Claim Secure
- Green Shield
- Medavie Blue Cross
- Pacific Blue Cross
Health Canada has approved more than 8,500 homeopathic products. There is a database on the Health Canada website that lists these approved products include dosage and repetition
Health Canada’s role is to ensure that Canadians have access to NHPs —Natural and Non-prescription Health Products Directorat (which includes homeopathic medicines) and nonprescription and disinfectant drugs that are safe, effective and of high quality.
Authorized NHPs bear either a natural product number (NPN) or homeopathic medicine number (DIN-HM) on their labels.
In Canada, homeopathic medicines (HMs) fall under the definition of an NHP and are specifically referenced within the Natural Health Products Regulations as being included within their scope.
- Do not use the title – Doctor – but use “Homoeopathic Physician”
- Prescribing Medical testing/ Investigations – need help of allopathy physician
- Avoid Physical examination
Good scope for Homoeopathy in Canda…if they want a surgery for tonsillitis they have to wait one year…mean time we can cure with in a month…the is why more and more people opting Homoeopathy here.
Google it – If you search in Google for a homeopathic job in Canada, you can find out many listings