Curriculum developed under the Obama – Singh 21st Century Knowledge Initiative Project jointly with University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
The Institute of Medical Education Technology and Teachers’ Training, MUHS at Pune, has played a leading role in building the skills of teachers in health professionals in a unique interdisciplinary setting consisting of teachers from medical, dental, ayurveda, homeopathy, nursing, physiotherapy and other allied health streams of MUHS.
` Established in 2007, this department, first of its kind in the country conducts training in educational methodology for health professions teachers of over 300 affiliated colleges. It also trains teachers in research methodology, communication skills, runs a Resident as Teacher program, an Advanced Course in Health Professions Education for teachers as well as CME Programs. Over 20,000 health professions faculty have been trained in the last 7 years. Developing a Masters Course was the logical next step.
Two Academic Years (4 terms of 6 month each including a research dissertation) *
* Registration valid till 5 years. Extension will be subject to payment of delay fee.
Intake: 20 per year
Candidates seeking admission should
- Have a postgraduate qualification or above in medical or other Health Science faculty (M.D., M.S.) OR MSc / PhD in Life Sciences with 5 years experience in teaching/ research in the field of HPE (desirable to have publications in the relevant field of HPE research)
- Have completed a project based Advanced course in Health Professions Education (MUHS, NTTC, MCI) or FAIMER / FIME Fellowship.
- Have minimum 3 years teaching experience
- Be a full –time teacher
- Furnish Letter of Support from their institution along with the Application Form
Last date to submit completed application forms 27th June, 2016
Institute of Medical Education Technology and Teachers’ Training
MUHS Regional Centre, 3rd Floor, Civil Hospital Building, Aundh, Pune – 411027
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org