Dr Sushma Patil
Hyperuricemia is a common disorder that affects patients of all ages and both the genders. The most common manifestation of hyperuricemia is gout, which can be very painful and treatable. Here it pursuit about risk factor, pathophysiology, clinical presentation, evaluation, and treatment with reportorial approach, homoeopathic medicines for the disease condition.
Keywords – Hyperuricemia, gout, homeopathic approach and reportorial approach
Homoeopathic medicine offers a great help to reduce the serum uric acid level overproduction from the body and accelerating its excretion through the kidneys and prevents its adverse effects.
- Lai SW, Tan CK, Ng KC. Epidemiology of hyperuricemia in the elderly. The Yale journal of biology and medicine. 2001 May;74(3):151.
- U Satyanarayana, U Chakrapani Biochemistry. 3rd ed, Kolkata Books and Allied (p) Ltd 2011 p.394
- Sivakumar K, Thamarai R, Pragatha RJ. Screening of serum uric acid in obese individuals in rural population. International Journal of Scientific Study. 2014;2(2).
- https://www.wellinghomoeopathy.com/treatment-of-gout last accessed on 13.03.2020
- Datey K, Shah S. API text book of medicine. 9 th ed, Mumbai: Association of Physicians of India; 2012 p.1822
- Kent J T. Lectures on Materia Medica 2 nd rearranged ed 2009 NewDelhi: B.jain Publishers (P) LTD p. 459 .
- Boericke D. Pocket manual of homoeopathic Materia Medica. New Delhi: B.jain Publishers p.199
- MURPHY D. LOTUS MATERIA MEDICA. [S.l.]: B JAIN PUBLISHERS PVT LTD; 2019.
- burt w. physiological materia medica. 1st ed. chuna mandi paharganj new delhi: b. jain publishers pvt.ltd; 1995.
- Clarke, J. O. H. N. H. E. N. R. Y. C. L. A. R. K. E. (1996). a dictonary of materia medica and repertory (1st ed., Vol. 1). b. jain publishers.
- Allen, H. E. N. R. Y. C. L. A. Y. (1996). keynotes and characteristics with co (1st ed., Vol. 1). b. jain publication.
Dr Sushma Patil
PG Scholar . Department of Practice of Medicine
Guide : Dr Rajachandra
Father Muller Homeopathic medical college and hospital, Deralakatte, Mangaluru 575018