Local application in homeopathy is not allowed by over master Samuel Hahnemann except in some special condition mention in organon of medicine. Here is the collection of some medicines which are advised by other master as local application
Dr Sunil Tyagi
Homoeopathy is the science of experience in which no one can add or subtract any symptom from the homeopathic materia medica from his/her logic without any scientific proving. Every symptom mention in our old literature is true to their level and verified many times. But when the topic came to the application of these remedies we need to apply law of similia and need to select the drug on the basis of similarity of symptoms of disease and remedy. Whole procedure is beautifully explained by our great master in his book ORGANON OF MEDICINE and other literature work but very few of us try to go through the whole work done by our masters. We try to search shortcuts and move here and there for success without any predefined goal. Many of us say it is impossible to learn homoeopathy without any mentor but who taught homoeopathy to our great master he learnt by himself and invented such a big system. No one can teach homoeopathy to you if you have no patience and courage to learn it. Homoeopathy needs years of devotion to understand the things. Our master wrote
Our master wrote in introduction to organon that “hitherto no one has ever taught this homoeopathic mode of cure, no one has carried it out in practice. But if the truth is only to be found in this method, as I can prove it to be, we might expect that, even though it remained unperceived for thousands of years, distinct traces of it would yet be discovered in every age”
But here as I will discuss only some remedies from William Boericke, The prescriber etc. which they asked to use as local in some conditions.
REMEDIES AND THEIR LOCAL USE
- Alstonia Scholaris:-Locally, for ulcers and rheumatic pains.
- Anemopsis Californica:- Locally as a spray. Mucus membrane medicine. Chronic forms of inflammation of the schneiderian membrane (mucosa of nose) with considerable relaxation and profuse discharge. Chief value in catarrh states, with full stuffy sensation in head and throat.
- Argemone Mexicana:- Fresh juice is applied to ulcers and warts.
- Arnica:- Locally, the tincture, but should never be applied hot or at all when abrasions or cuts are present. Arnica used as hair oil.* it works better in those who have perspiration is scanty in comparison to Jaborandi which is used when perspiration is perfuse.
- Balsamum Peruvianum:- as a stimulant to raw surfaces in indolent ulcers, scabies, cracked nipples, rhagades, itch. Promotes granulation, removes fetor. A 1% solution in alcohol or ether may be used with the atomizer in respiratory affections. Internally, as an expectorant, in chronic bronchitis.
- Borax:-locally in pruritus pudenda. A piece of borax, the size of a pea, dissolved in mouth, acts magically in restoring the voice, in case of sudden hoarseness brought on by cold, and frequently for an hour or so, it renders the voice silvery and clear.
- Calendula Officinalis:-locally. Aqueous calendula for all wounds, the greatest healing agent. For burns, sores, fissures and abrasions, etc., use calendula cerate. Calendula cream or ointment for chapped hands.
- Cantharis:- locally, in burns and eczema, 1x and 2x, in water, or as cerate. In herpes zoaster locally, in all cases, a lotion of cantharis 3x, ten drops to the ounce, may be kept applied on linen. Or an ointment of 3x.
- Carbo Animalis:- The third trituration for insufflation in aural polypi.
- Chrysarobinum:- locally in ringworm 5-10 percent in glycerine and alcohol. Equal parts.
- Carboneum Sulphuratum:-Locally in facial neuralgia and sciatica.
- Ceanothus :- Locally as hair tonic.
- Chloralum:- Locally, in offensive foot-sweat, bathe with one percent solution.
- Cineraria:- is used externally, by instilling into the eye one drops four or five times a day. Most effective in traumatic cases. Has some reputation in the cure of cataract and corneal opacities.
- Cinnamonum:- oil of cinnamonum in aqueous solution best local disinfectant. 3-4 drops in two quarts of water as a douche, wherever a germicide and disinfectant is needed. ** 3 drops on sugar for hiccough**
- Cistus Canadensis:- Locally as a wash to arrest fetid discharges.
- Citric Acid:- used as a local application and mouth wash, one dram to 8 ozs of water.
- Cochlearia Armoracia:- Locally to cure dandruff.
- Cuprum Sulph.:- locally in 1-3 percent solution in inoperable sarcoma.
- Dioscorea villosa :- locally tincture is apply in whitlow in early cases it can abort the case.
- Echinacea –Rudbeckia:-locally, as a cleansing and antiseptic wash.
- Erechthites :- Locally for poison oak.
- Eupatorium Aromaticum :- tincture, locally, in sore mouth and sore nipples.
- Methylium salicylicum:- an artificial gaultheria oil for rheumatism, especially when the salicylates cannot be used. Pruritus and epididymitis, locally.
- Geranium maculatum :- Locally, in ulcers, it will destroy the pyogenic membrane.
- Graphites :- locally as a cerate in sore nipples. Also in eczema.
- Grindelia :- locally as a wash in poison oak.
- Hamamelis virginica:- distilled extract locally used. Locally to bleeding haemorrhoids (with open or loose bowels) a lotion of mother tincture, 30 drops to half pint of want with which part should be bathed night and morning. Bleeding varicose veins, ulcers use locally the tincture (1pint =473.13 ml)
- Helianthus :- externally, as vulnerary like arnica and calendula.
- Hydratis :- locally for cancer of lips, ulcers.
- Ichthyolum :- externally, it is used as an ointment, with lanoline 20-50 percent, for chronic eczema and psoriasis, also acne rosacea and gouty joints. Chilblains, scabies. Rectal suppositories for senile prostate.
- Iodium :- Locally the most powerful, least harmful and easily managed microbicide. Ideal agent to keep wounds clean and disinfected. Bites of insects, reptiles, etc. Gunshot wounds and compound fracture, excellent. Great skin disinfectant.
- Jequirity– arbrus precatorius :-mother tincture diluted locally epithelioma, lupus, ulcers, granular lids.
- Kali muriaticum :- external use in skin affections with burning sensation (acne, erythema, and eczema, with vesicles containing thick, white contents. Dry, flour-like scales on the skin. Bursitis)
- Magnesia sulphurica :-locally 1:4 in water in septic conditions, erysipelas, orchitis, boils, etc.
- Mentha piperita :- tincture locally, in pruritus vaginae.
- Menthol :- externally for itching, use 1 percent solution or ointment.
- Momordica balsamina:- tincture. Used also externally as a liniment and poultice for burns, chapped hands, etc.
- Natrum hyposulph :- liver spots locally and internally.
- Oleum jecoris aselli :- locally in ring worm and nightly rubbing, for dwarfish, emaciated babies.
- Phytolacca :- externally for mastitis.
- Plantago major :-tincture local use in toothache in hollow teeth, otorrhoea, pruritus, and poison- oak. Incised wounds. In herpes zoster when the eruption has disappeared and the pain persists, or when there is pain without eruption, plantago mother tincture may be painted on the part.
- Platanus occidentalis :- apply the tincture. Tarsal tumors. Both acute and old neglected cases, where destruction of tissue occurred and cicatricial contraction caused marked deformity of lid, restored to practically normal conditions. Ichthyosis.
- Ranunculus bulbosus :-chronic sciatica, apply tincture to heel of affected leg ( M. Jousset).
- Ratanhia :- locally, the cerate has proved invaluable in many rectal complaints.
- Rhus Glabra:- tincture. Usually locally to soften, spongy gums, aphthae, pharyngitis etc.
- Rumex acetosa :- used locally for epithelioma of face.
- Ruta :- locally the tincture for ganglia and as a lotion for the eyes.
- Sabina :- locally for warts, tincture.
- Sabadilla :- locally tincture to head after washing for head lice.
- Scrophularia Nodosa:- tincture locally to cancerous glands.
- Sempervivum tectorum :-tincture locally for bites of insects, stings of bees, and poisoned wounds, warts.
- Sepia :- locally for ringworm of the scalp and hairy parts. After washing the head with soap and water, and cutting short hairs a paste of sepia 1x moistented with water to be applied every night.
- Stellaria media :- tincture externally – rheumatism.
- Sulphurosum acidum :- as a spray in tonsillitis.
- Symphytum :- externally as addressing for sores and ulcers and pruritus ani.
- Teucrium marum :- locally for polypi, dry powder.
- Thuja :- Locally, for warts and excrescences, tincture or cerate.
- Ustilago maydis :- tincture in Psoriasis externally also internally.
- Verbascum( mullein) :- mullein oil locally for earache and dry scaly condition of meatus.
Dr Sunil Tyagi (c) All rights reserved
Contact:- 8368816990, 9015098948