A list of Books written by Indian Authors in Medical Education
Verma K, D’Monte B, Adkoli BV, Nayar U, (eds). Inquiry Driven Strategies for innovation in Medical Education. New Delhi: AIIMS, 1991.
Verma K, Nayar U, Adkoli BV (eds). Inquiry Driven Strategies for innovation in Medical Education: Curricular Reforms. New Delhi: AIIMS, 1995.
[These two books are mainly the collective contribution by the Indian Consortium of Medical Colleges (AIIMS, New Delhi, JIPMER Pondicherry, CMC Vellore and IMS-BHU, Varanasi, in collaboration with the Dept of Medical Education, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA) under a WHO Project “Inquiry-driven Strategies for innovations in Medical Education” (1989 – 1995). Hard copy is available for display only at CMET, AIIMS. For pdf request contact Dr KK Deepak, Prof in-charge, KL Wig CMET, AIIMS, firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Yogesh Kumar email@example.com ]
- Khosla PK, Angra SK, Talwar D. (eds.) Community Ophthalmology – An Indian Perspective, New Delhi: Current Scientific Literature, 1992
- Khosla PK, Garg SP, Talwar D. (eds.) Assessment Strategies in Ophthalmology. New Delhi : Ideal Impression, 1993
- Sethuraman K.R, Objective Structured Clinical Examination, Jaypee Brothers, New Delhi, 1993
- Sharma SD, Kacker SK, Adkoli BV In: Sajid AW, Mc Guire CH et al (eds). International Handbook of Medical Education. Westport, Connecticut. London: Greenwood Press, 1994, pp207-230. [Though this is a book chapter, this is a position paper, useful for in tracing early development of medical education in India. ]
- Rita Sood et al (eds). Assessment in Medical Education –Trends and Tools, L.Wig Centre for Medical Education and Technology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1995. [This is very good primer to understand basic concepts in assessment. pdf version available: Contact person Dr Rita Sood firstname.lastname@example.org ]
- Srinivasa D.K., Ananthakrishnan N, Sethuraman K.R, Santosh Kumar. (eds.) Medical Education: Principles & Practice, (Revised Edition), National Teacher Training Centre, Jawaharlal Institute of Medical Education and Research, (JIPMER), Pondicherry, First edition 1995. Revised edition is available.
- Ananthakrishnan N, Sethuraman K.R, Santosh Kumar. (eds.) Medical Education: Principles & Practice , Volume II –Trainers’ Manual, National Teacher Training Centre, Jawaharlal Institute of Medical Education and Research, (JIPMER), Pondicherry, 1997 [Sr No. 8 and 9 are excellent compendium of content of the NTTC Courses conducted by NTTC, JIPMER Pondicherry]
- Sethuraman K.R. (ed) Developing Clinical Skills – Proceedings of a Workshop. JIPMER, Pondicherry, 1995 [ A useful collection of clinical skills categorized systematically]
- Bali R.K. (ed) Faculty Resource Development for Dental Education in Health Sciences, Asian Pacific Dental Federation: Commission on Dental Education, 1997 [This is useful book for dental profession educators]
- Sethuraman K.R. Trick or Treat. The Society of EQUIP, Pondicherry, 2000 [Interesting reading on medical ethics]
- Sood R. (ed) Postgraduate Training – Key Issues, Indian College of Physicians, Academic Wing of Association of Physicians of India, New Delhi, 2002 [Recommended for PG Teachers]
- Shekar K.S., Srinivas D.K. (eds.) What is not taught in Medical Colleges! Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.2011 Contact person: email@example.com [A must read book for all those interested in a holistic approach to medical education]
- Singh T., Anshu (eds.) Principles of Assessment in Medical Education 2012 New Delhi Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd. [Excellent resource for assessment in medical education]
- Singh T., Gupta P., Singh D.(eds.) Principles of Medical Education, Fourth edition IAP National Publication House, Gwalior, JAYPEE Brothers, 2013 [Excellent primer in medical education, reads well]
- Bhuiyan P.S.,Rege N.N., Supe A.N. (eds) The Art of teaching medical students. 2nd 2002. Medical Education Technology Cell, Seth G.S. Medical College & K.E. M. Hospital, Parel, Mumbai. [Latest edition of this book is expected soon. Contact person: Dr Pritha Bhuiyan, firstname.lastname@example.org ]
Source : meu india