Dr Javvadi Sai Kiran
Male Sexual Weakness refers to the situation when a man has difficulty in getting a firm erection or an erection, which is required to achieve sexual penetration. Several cases of erectile dysfunction can cause impotency in a man. But today we can treat Erectile Dysfunction with homeopathic medicines without any side effects before that we need to understand the right cause of Erectile Dysfunction so that the right homeopathic treatment can be used and the right way of counselling to the patient is also helpful for achieving this sexual weakness
Keywords: sexual weakness, erectile dysfunction, impotency male, treatment and management of sexual weakness
Majority of male sexual weaknesses is primarily psychogenic in origin. Anxiety concerning sexual performance and fear of sexual failure are the most salient immediate causes of erection a history of sexual abuse, guilt about sexuality, are among the more common factors that underline sexual dysfunction. Psychological causes include depression like major depressive episode, stress, anger, performance anxiety, and low self-esteem. A man may have a good erection with masturbation, but not when sexually active with his regular partner.
Main Cause of sexual weakness
The factors which contribute to organic erectile dysfunction include:
Chronic Illness: Atherosclerosis, Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease, Renal Failure, Hepatic Failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Pathology, , Depression, Anxiety, Hyperthyroidism, Hypothyroidism, Hypogonadism, Hyperprolactinaemia.
Sexual weakness DUE TO PHYSICAL CAUSES
Not only psychological issues but sometimes physical can lead to sexual weakness problems and for this homeopathic medicine can be used. Some Physical causes behind the sexual weakness problem are given below:
- High cholesterol and obesity
- Parkinson’s disease and multiple cases of sclerosis
- Smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and substance abuse
- Disorder in anatomy or structure of the penis
- Surgical complications
- Several prescribed medicines may also lead to erectile dysfunction because of reactions and side effects.
PSYCHOLOGICAL ISSUE RESULT TO sexual weakness
- Depression makes a person uninterested in sex due to lower libido and may cause erectile dysfunction.
- A large amount of stress, fear, tension, or anxiety may also lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Many men suffer from performance anxiety and feelings of sexual failure. This may result in erectile dysfunction.
- Poor communication with a partner or pressure from partners regarding sex may also cause erectile dysfunction.
HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR sexual weakness
These are top homeopathic medicines are used to treat sexual weakness problem in male. These homeopathic medicines are used by experience homeopathy doctor and do not have any side effect, that is why people are more moving towards it.
- Agnus Castus: Homeopathic medicine Agnus Castus is used in cases where there is a complete inability to attain penile erection during the sexual act. Homeopathic medicine Agnus Castus can be used in cases of erectile dysfunction and sexual weaknesswhere the male has a mental aversion to indulge in sex, along with decreased physical strength.
- Caladium: Homeopathic medicine Caladium is of great help for the treatment of erectile dysfunction when the male is unable to have an erection despite having a sexual desire or urge.
- Lycopodium: Homeopathic medicine Lycopodium is of great help for both young people and elderly people suffering from erectile dysfunction.
- Tribulus Terrestris: The main indication for using Homeopathic medicine Tribulus Terrestris is the presence of urinary troubles along with Erectile Dysfunction.
- Nuphar Luteum: Homeopathic medicine Nuphar Luteum can be beneficial for all those males with erectile Dysfunction in whom the desire to indulge in sexual activity is totally absent. There is no sexual desire with relaxed genitalia.
- Aswagandha Q : Nervous weakness , menstrual disorders , impotence , sexual debility spermatorrhoea , premature ejaculation , sterility . leucorrhoea , menorrhagia , etc., are the conditions greatly benefited by this drug , it is a great mental tonic , loss of memory , difficult concentration , for students who are not able to concentrate on their subjects and are not able to retain in mind what they have read
- Damiana Q : sexual neurasthenia , impotency , after sexual excess , gonorrhoea , with syphilis or injury to spine , serviceable from physical exertion and mental over work , spermatorrhoea in weak and exhausted subjects , sexual neurasthenia , it is a good remedy to increase the sperm count .
- Sabal serrulata : sexual weakness and neurosis , organs feels cold , it is of great importance in the treatment of prostatic enlargement , epididymitis and urinary difficulties due to them , atrophy of breast , dysuria , enuresis , impotence , obesity , prostate enlarged , sterility , urine incontinence of spermatorrhoea marked impotency may be associated , painful micturition with urging especially at night .
- yohimbinum : Acts on nervous system , neurasthenic impotency as an aphrodisiac , when used in physiological doses , but contraindicated with all acute and chronic inflammation of the abdominal organs , it produces strong and lasting erections .
- Salix Nigra : pinful movement of the testicle , has a positive action on the generative organs of both sexes . Hysteria and nervousness , libidinous thoughts and lascivious dreams , controls genital irritability , moderates sexual passion , in acute gonorrhoea with much erotic trouble , chordee , after masturbation , spermatorrhoea .
- Cantharis : after exposure to gonorrhoea , it produces a furious disturbance in the sexual organs and produces a strong desire , also useful for painful erection and priaprism in gonorrhoea .
- Panax ginseng : Debility , headache , lumbago , rheumatism , male sexual weakness, it is said to be a great sexual stimulant , it is useful in cases of frequent emissions with weakness of genital organs
- Ginseng : rheumatic pains after frequent emissions, weakness of genital organs , voluptuous tickling at end of urethra , sexual excitement , pressure in testicles .
- Sulphur:Too quick discharge of semen during coition. Erection fails when coition is attempted. Incomplete rection during coition. Impotence with mental depression, relaxed penis, with sexual desire and excitement. Testes relaxed and hanging down. Watery semen.
- Staphisagria: Always has sexual thought. Frequent pollutions, even during a siesta. Face sunken and melancholic due to bad effect of onanism and too frequent nocturnal emission. Organs relaxed with backache and weakness of the lower extremities. Seminal emissions followed by great chagrin and mortification Dyspnoea develops after coition. Secretion of prostatic fluid during evacuation.
- Medorrhinum: Impotency after suppression of gonorrhoea. Emission during sleep. Semen watery, causing no stiffness of the linen. Pain, burning along urethra when semen discharges.
- Selenium: Selenium is best homeopathic medicine for sex problems. It is one of the most recommended medicines for ED when there is increased desire. Selenium is very useful in impotence, spermatorrhea, prostatitis and prostatorrhea. Sexual atony of the middle aged person and old men. Sexual desire is strong with lack of physical power is the key symptom of this medicine. Emission of prostatic fluid while sitting, stool during, walking while are the symptoms found in Selenium.
Selenium 30 is the most prescribed medicine for the patient with nocturnal ejaculation, relaxed penis while intercourse, increase libido, impotence and other sexual issues. Selenium is usually very helpful for the men who almost lost sexual ability especially after some illness.
- Practice a healthy lifestyle: Stay fit. Reduce your extra weight. Include exercise and meditation in your daily routine. This will help a lot in improving your emotional health. In many cases psychological pressure also contribute in causing impotence. So, try to perform some stress relieving exercises to curb down this psychological factor.
- Avoid drinking and smoking: Smoking diminishes the quantity of required nitric oxide which in turn lowers down the blood flow to penis. This increases chances of Erectile Dysfunction to a greater extent. Excessive drinking destroys your blood vessels, thereby posing a serious threat to your sex life.
- Take a proper diet: A balanced diet pays a major role in checking and controlling the blood sugar level. This step will definitely decrease the harm done to your blood vessels and nerves.
- Get enough sleep and keep yourself astray from the harmful effects of fatigue.
- Talk with your partner:It is necessary that you discuss freely regarding your sexual problems with your partner. This will help you in gaining confidence, release stress and perform better.
- A healthy life style that includes a well-balanced diet, daily exercise, and a stress free life, can keep many life style disorders and diseases away and this is the first step to overcome sexual weakness. Modern medicine therapy for sexual weakness has a number of side effects, so it’s preferable to have a homoeopathic treatment that uses a holistic approach. There are many drugs for sexual weakness which can be administered constitutionally in homoeopathy, but there are also many rare and lesser known drugs that can be used successfully to treat sexual weakness
Follow the above suggestions and choose a healthy lifestyle for safe and pleasing sex life.
- CCRH, Clinical evaluation of the homoeopathic medicines in male sexual weakness and– A clinical study: A multicentric open clinical trial conducted by CCRH. Indian Journal of Research in Homoeopathy Year 2007;1(1):24-28.
- Murphy R. Homeopathic medical repertory, 2nd revisededition, B. Jain Publishers.
- Boericke W. Boericke’s New Manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica with Repertory: Third Revised &Augmented Edition based on Ninth Edition. New Delhi: B. Jain Publishers 2010.
- Allen HC. Allen’s Keynotes-Rearranged and classified with leading remedies of the materia medica and bowel nosodes. 10th Reprint edition. B. Jain Publishers (P) Ltd 2006.
- Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, 20th edition, Volume II
- W., Pocket manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica
- J.H., Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica
- Nash E.B., Regional leader
- Phatak S.R Materia Medica of Homoeopathic Medicines
- , Synoptic Materia Medica 2
- Homoeopathic Therapuetics by Samuel Lilienthal
Dr JAVVADI SAI KIRAN
Guide: Dr Dhanshri Joshi
Dept of Homeopathic pharmacy MD Part 2
Guru Mishri Homoeopahic Medical college, Jalna, Maharastra