Dr Vinaya M Naik
Title: Manual and Clinical repertory of complete list of Tissue remedies (Biochemistry and Cellular Therapy.)
Author: Dr Med.Eric Graf Von Der Goltz
Year of publication: First Indian edition 1998
Edited by: Dr Raajswetta.
Published in India by: B Jain Publishers(P) Ltd.
Printed in India: J.J.Offset Printers.
Mode of construction of book:
The book can be divided into three sections.
- 1st section deals with Principles.
- 2nd section deals with Materia medica .
First division: ( Biochemistry), The original twelve tissue remedies.
- Selection of the remedies
- Clinical synopsis of the remedies
- Facial diagnosis
Second division:(Cellular therapy), The additional remedies.
- The additional remedies in their elementary basis
- The different group of new elements.
- Clinical relation between the old and new remedies and each other.
- 3rd section deals with Semotik.
1st section: Principles: Consists of Preface,Foreword,Publisher note and Introduction part.
Preface: Preface is by Dr Med.Eric graf von der Goltz.This manual is intended to be reference book for the selection of the right remedy,potency,etc.
Foreword: Foreword was written by Dr Raaj Swetta.
- Need felt by practioner,profession and the student community, a thoroughly Revised and Enalrged edition.
- At the end Publishers express his obligations to Messrs.Boericke and Tafel for their kind concession enabling us to reprint the book.
The Author, in the following essays,will try to give a most concise exposition of the evolution and further development of tissue salts in thee clinical field,resulting from exclusive practice with biochemical remedies for the past ten yrs.
The present volume is intended to fill out the gap existing between ‘Schusslers’s Abridged Therapy,’and the many questions arising in the daily use of biochemistry.
- The remedy,potency and doses:
(The purity of the remedy,the saliva,the atom,the electron,the potentised remedy,the distribution of the cell-salt into the cell,the selection of the potency,V.Grauvogl’s constitutions.)
- In the biochemical report,No.2.1903, dealing with the preparation of tissue salts without sugar of milk,as it containing on its own part tissue remedies. The writer also claims possible deterioration of the remedy from the trituration in the porcelain mortars.The writer commends an expensive and unclear procedure of mutual chemical reaction.
- When the patient takes this chemically pure salt into his mouth,the remedy works almost exclusively from the papillae of the tongue.The remedy either as powder,tablet or solution,comes in contact with the saliva.The analysis of the saliva gives the following information:
Epithel and Mucin….37.985
Ptyalin and Albumen…23.978
Again the analysis of inorganic salts of this saliva informs that the remedy will be mixed up with the following salts:
- K Cl….38.006
- K2 SO4 ….13.908
- K3 PO4….21.278
- Na3 PO4….16.91
- Ca3 P2 O4….9.246
- Mg3 P2 O8….0.338
It is evident that the remedy must work from another point than that of chemical purity.
- Schussler himself advised to give small doses and having them repeated,in preference to large and frequent doses.
- Not only the working , bu also the material existence of crude but high potencies,will be explained in the following quotation: ‘The atom is composed of a multitude of infinitely small atoms called electrons,which revolve around each other ,But the electron while constitute the atoms which all material substances are made,are not themselves conceived as being matter.The more recent result of the experiments and observation of the Roentgen,Bacquerel, is that every thing originates from one source and the everything flower,stone ,metals etc are nothing else than different aggregation.
- Potentized remedy can be potentized according to the mathematical consideration
- Use a prior 6x-12x and then go lower or higher according to presenting features.A case well progressing for weeks under the same remedy will generally be cured by the same remedy; but always in a higher and higher potency; representing the smaller growing portions needed by the cell-salt corresponding to the lesser growing nerve stimulant of the needed molecule in the cell,expressed in the higher potency, representing the necessary modification of the accentuation on the stimulus, thus directing the introduction of proportional smaller fractions into the cell body.
- Authors custom to prepare a saturated watery solution of the remedy,in acute cases he order the patient to take ten drops every half hour; in chronic cases, ten drops three times per day. If there is a necessary to give two different remedies,they are given alternately every three hours.
- The dose and also the potency especially in complicated cases,further dependent on the rules put down by v. Grauvogl. The Dr Schussler in his therapy calls attention,page no.75; to hydraemia; this corresponds to v. grauvogl’s hydrogenoid constitution. He divided curable diseases into three groups, these groups were called as Constitutional groups.
- Hydrogenoid constitution.
- Oxygenoid constitution.
- Carbonitrogen constitution.
- The selection of the remedy:(The different divisions of the Materia medica, acute and chronic cases).
- Schussler and his critics:(Homoeopathy and Schussler,the only controversy against Schussler never before published,Cellulartherapy,the authors position.)
- During the process of compiling and shifting the material of the present work the author studied all critics of past and recent times
- The additional remedies; (Their collection,homoeopathic symptoms contrasted with semiotic.)
- They have been added to the Semiotic or Symptomatology of the tissue remedies of Schussler,where there was a gap according to the pathological and chemical considerations.
- The clinical notes in the Homoeopathic material medica gives the material for experiments etc.
- The authors observations,published in the Homoeopathic record,March15,1903 regarding sepia and Natr.mur and again finding the similimum with the help of T.F Allen’s Boenninghausen’s Therapeutic Pocket book to exchange with the often seemingly strange tissue salt.
- The description of new remedies is given very carefully,without mere suggestions.
- If the clinical notes in the homoeopathic literature were the support of cellular-therapy,the answer would be:
- The homoeopathic selections consider too many remedies,thus hiding the clear-cut features of the indications and forming of the clinical notes.
- The pathological phenomena have certain undeniable symptoms, which are few compared with the unlimited ones of homoeopathic drug. Those pathological symptoms are the indications for the remedies.For this reason homoeopathic physician will use, for example,in worm disease,Calc.fl,Ferrum phos,Kali mur and many other remedies against Natrum phos and Natrum mur according to biochemical teaching.
2nd section: Materia medica: The materia medica division of this book will enable the physician to ask question which will bring out the full details of a case so that the beginner will have made some choice of a remedy before consulting 3rd section ( Repertory ).
The 3rd section,repertory part deals with different set of remedies and in that physician should preselect one.This selection will be referred to 2nd section(Materia medica).
1.Selection of the remedies
- Consists of 12 tissue remedies: Kali Sulfuricum,Natrum Sulfuricum,Calcarea Fluorica,Silicea,Calcarea Sulfurica,Natrum Muriaticum,Kali Muriaticum,Calcarea Phosphoric,Magnesia Phosphoric,Ferrum Phosphoricum,Natrum Phosphoricum,Kali Phosphoricum.
- Arrangement of symptoms:Aggravation.Amelioration and General Symptoms.
- In some remedies will cure,allied remedies.differential indications are given.
2. Clinical synopsis of the remedies
The synopsis gives under each remedy the full possibility of clinical application, with remarks regarding potency etc. Here the reader will find the two division WILL CURE further WILL, THEREFORE BE USED IN along with a clinical, pathological and other symptoms.
Eg: Calcarea fluorica.(12x-30x; 200th)
And will,therefore be used in;
The author presumes this to be the first attempt towards building up a facial diagnosis with specific directions.He has described here all that was helpful towards recognizing the indicated remedy, not only in the face of the patient,but in his whole appearance.
He has described following remedies:Phosphates,Calcarea Phosphoric,Ferrum Phosphoricum,Kalium Phosphoricum,Magnesia Phosphoric,Natrum Phosphoricum,Sulphates,Calcarea Sulfurica,Kalium Sulfuricum,Natrum Sulfuricum,Chlorides,Kalium Muriaticum,Natrum Muriaticum,Calcarea Fluorica,Silicea.
Second division:(Cellular therapy), The additional remedies.
1.The additional remedies in their elementary basis
The more important elements:
- Arsenic has been lately found in the entire organism.The chemical analyses of recent yrs proved that arsenic will be found in the blood,skin and thyroid gland and also Iodum especially in the blood and glands.
- Next step is to use combinations of Arsenic and Iodine with Calcium,Kalium and Natrum under the leading points of the original salts of the late Schussler.
The lesser additional tissue builders:
- They are not so often needed because of their less important position in the organism,but then again a case seemed absolutely unmanageable without these remedies.
- Alumina is found throughout the whole organism in minimum quantities,but mostly in the spinal marrow,nerves ,skin and the mucosae.The sphere of action corresponds to that of the Natrum and Kalium salts.
- Bromium will be used in connection with Kali phos and Nat phos.
- Barium,the indications are nearly identical with those of the calcium salts.
- Other lesser additional tissue builders includes, Cuprum,Lithium,Zincum and Plumbum.
2.The different group of new elements with their indications.
- Arsenic and Arsenic combinations Eg; ars alb,Calcarea ars,Cuprum ars etc
- Iodum and Iodum combinations Eg; Calcarea Iodate, Kali Iodatum etc
- Cuprum, Plumbum and Zincum
- Bromium and its compounds
3. Clinical relation between the old and new remedies and each other.
3rd section : Semotik.(Repertory section):
- The term Semiotik has been selected by the author to indicate that the symptoms for selecting the cellular therapeutic remedies differ materially from homoeopathic drug symptamatology.
- The cellular therapeutical symptoms expresses the diagnostical,pathological and clinical indication,without any reference to homoeopathic symptamatological proving.
- Chapters starts from the alphabete ‘A’ with the rubric abdomen and ends with the rubric wounds,further vide exudation in the chapter ‘W’.
- Rubrics were arranged according to the alphabetical chapters.Eg: ‘C’ chapter consists of rubric starts with the letter ‘C’ i.e Cold.cough,,Caries etc.
- The rubric Pain given along with a location as,PAIN:No.1.in head and face,No.II. in the back and limbs etc
- After the main rubric follows subrubric ‘ chief remedy’ along with tissue remedies specific for the main rubric. In some rubric, it also gives secondary remedies after chief remedy rubric.
- Repertory part also gives the information about potency and also about authors observation under thesubrubric note.
- Main rubrics are printed in capital bold letters.
- Sub rubrics are given with one space indentation below the main rubric and this space is given by a small horizontal line.
- Very few cross references in bracket are given.
- Remedies are given in italics,no gradation of remedies followed
Bibliography: Goltz, D. (1998). Manual and Clinical Repertory of a Complete List of Tissue Remedies. 1st ed. New Delhi: B Jain Pub Pvt Ltd..
Dr Vinaya M Naik
M D Part 2, Dept of Case Taking and Repertory,GHMC,Bengaluru.
Under the guidance of Dr. V. Guruprasad, Dr. Munir Ahmed R.Dr. Anusuya Akkareddy