Dr Babita Rani Jamwal
Abstract: Aurum person is often in high esteem, attains high positions in society and have a very strong sense of responsibility. It is when they cannot live up to this responsibility or something happens that results in a failure that this delusive state takes over. They blame themselves (delusions everything will fail), they feel they have done wrong (delusions that he has neglected his duty) and so on. The causes of delusions in personality of the Aurum metallicum are disaster, hurt, humiliation, too much responsibility.
Keywords: Subjective symptom, Personality, Aurum metallicum, Delusions, Synthesis Repertory.
Introduction: Delusion is a belief i.e. clearly false and indicates an abnormality in the affected person’s content of thought. A person with a delusion will hold firmly to the belief regardless of evidence to the contrary and convinced that the delusion is real. Delusion is never a mere object which can be objectively detected and described because it evolves and exists within subjective and interpersonal dimensions only.1 Delusion comes under the intellect classification of the symptoms according to kent. Delusions are mostly very subtle and subjective in nature and it is mainly depict the inner nature or personality of the person yet they affect the entire outlook of a person.
Delusions have both literal and symbolic interpretations. In the case of the literal interpretation the person would actually experience the state related to the delusion. The symbolic use of rubrics can transcend their literal interpretation.2
Gold is a precious metal and Aurum person is often in high esteem and attains high positions in society and have a very strong sense of responsibility. It is when they cannot live up to this responsibility or something happens that results in a failure that this delusive state takes over. They blame themselves (delusions everything will fail), they feel they have done wrong (delusions that he has neglected his duty) and so on. The Causes of delusions in personality of the Aurum metallicum are disaster, hurt, humiliation, too much responsibility.3,4
Different delusions of Aurum metallicum through rubrics:-5
- DELUSIONS – animals
- DELUSIONS – appreciated, she is not
- DELUSIONS – confidence in him; his friends have lost all
- DELUSIONS – dead – persons, sees
- DELUSIONS – depressive
- DELUSIONS – dogs – sees
- DELUSIONS – doomed, being
- DELUSIONS – drunk – is drunk; he
- DELUSIONS – emptiness; of – internal
- DELUSIONS – enlarged – tall; he is very
- DELUSIONS – faces, sees
- DELUSIONS – faces, sees – larger; grow
- DELUSIONS – faces, sees – wherever he turns his eyes, or looking out from corners
- DELUSIONS – fail, everything will
- DELUSIONS – falling – side; to one – left; to
- DELUSIONS – fancy, illusions of
- DELUSIONS – forsaken; is
- DELUSIONS – friend – affection of; has lost the
- DELUSIONS – grow – larger and longer; he grew
- DELUSIONS – head – monstrous head on a distant wall of the room
- DELUSIONS – heart – turning around, is
- DELUSIONS – hollow – body is hollow; whole
- DELUSIONS – lost; she is – salvation; for
- DELUSIONS – melancholy
- DELUSIONS – mortification – after
- DELUSIONS – neglected – duty; he has neglected his
- DELUSIONS – neglected – friends, his
- DELUSIONS – night
- DELUSIONS – obstacles – in his way
- DELUSIONS – people – conversing with absent people
- DELUSIONS – persecuted – he is persecuted
- DELUSIONS – pursued; he was
- DELUSIONS – pursued; he was – enemies, by
- DELUSIONS – religious
- DELUSIONS – reproach; he has neglected his duty and deserves
- DELUSIONS – right – doing nothing right; he is
- DELUSIONS – sinned; one has – day of grace; sinned away his
- DELUSIONS – sinned; one has – unpardonable sin; he had committed the
- DELUSIONS – small – things – appear small; things
- DELUSIONS – specters, ghosts, spirits – seeing
- DELUSIONS – specters, ghosts, spirits – hovering in the air
- DELUSIONS – succeed, he does everything wrong; he cannot
- DELUSIONS – thieves – seeing
- DELUSIONS – turn – she – was turning – circle; in a
- DELUSIONS – unfit – world; he is unfit for the
- DELUSIONS – visions, has
- DELUSIONS – waking; on
- DELUSIONS – worthless; he is
- DELUSIONS – wrong – done wrong; he has
Conclusion: Delusion comes under the subjective symptoms and having important place in homoeopathy. The essence of Aurum is to be the best. Always thinks he does not do enough for other people or for himself and Forsaken feeling. Seems to carry with him this internal restlessness, and it took all perseverance and outcome of different kind of delusions. All the affections, natural to healthy man, are perverted. This is the train of thought that runs constantly through his mind and appearance of different delusions.
- Chandra K, Chaudhory S. Understanding delusions.Ind Psychiatry J.2009 Jan-Jun;18(1):3-18.
- Little D. Delusions and Dreams in Homoeopathy. Homoeopathic online education.[Internet]2007 [Cited 2018 Jun 7] Available from: http www.simillimum.com/education/littlelibrary/homoeopathicphilosophy/ddh/article
- Schepper LD. Aurum metallicum. Cyber delusion. Hpathy Ezine. [Internet]2018Jan[Cited 2018 Jun 11] Available from: https://hpathy.com/homeopathy-papers/aurum-metallicum-6/
- Scholten J. Homeopathy and the elements.1st ed. USA: Homoeopathic educational services;2007.
- Schroyens F. Synthesis( Repertorium Homoeopathicum syntheticum) 9.1 ed. New Delhi: B.Jain Publishers;2008.
Dr.Babita Rani Jamwal, M.D.(Hom.)
Asst.Prof.( Dept. Of Repertory ) Solan Homeopathic Medical College & Hospital Kumarhatti, Himachal Pradesh.