Question Paper of West Bengal Public Service Commission Homoeopathic Medical Officer Services Examination 1991.
Time : 1 hour
Full Marks : 100.
Attempt all the questions
All questions carry equal marks
1. Mention the drug which is prepared from the normal secretion of living animals
- (a) Adrenalin (b) Adonis, Vermalix
- (c) Actea spicata (d) Agra plus Nutons
2. Mention the vehicle by which you can prepare LINIMENT ?
- (a) distilled water (b) Alcohol
- (c) Olive-oil (d) Glycerin
3. Smallest possible does only can be made with
- (a) Globules (b) Purified water
- (c) Cones (d) Tabloid
4. A Medicine prepared from spider poisons
- (a) Cantherin (b) Tarantula Hispania
- (c) Bufo Rana (d) Murex Purpurea
5. The process of Dynamisation of the liquid drug is known as –
- (a) Trituration (b) Hydrolysis
- (c) Succussion (d) Exsiecation
6. Artificial chronic diseases are
- (a) Most difficult to treat (b) Not at all curable
- (a.) Most-difficult to cure (d) Easily curable
7. Subjective symptoms a
- (a) Which are narrated by the patient
- (b) Which are narrated by the relatives
- (c) Which are narrated by the patient in respect of his feeling
- (d) Which are observed by the attendants
- (a) In coordination of growth (b) Ulcerative in nature
- (c) Degenerative in nature (d) Malignant in nature
9. In bad type of intermittent fever where stage of apyrexia is very short. Medicine to be applied
- (a) When chill is continuing (b) When heat is continuing
- (c)When heat is continuing (d) When heat begins to abate .
10. The short relief of symptoms after the application of a deep acting remedy means.
- (a) The remedy is to be repeated
- (b) The remedy is to be applied in higher potency
- (c) There is a structural change in the patient
- (d) The patient is of low susceptibility
11. Tinnitus aurium, while lying down, without any defect in that organ is
- (a) A common particular (b) A peculiar particular symptom
- (c) A common general symptom (d) A peculiar general symptom
12. A patient is being treated for heart disease, after the medicine given the heart is better but severe rheumatic pain in kee joint appeared, which he had before the heart disease
- (a) Medicine given to be antidoted (b) A complementary medicine to be given
- (c) Same medicine to be repeated (d) Placebo to be given
13. In a particular category of disease condition “accessory symptoms” arc considered to be very valuable guide
- (a) diseases of syphilitic miasm (b) one sided diseases
- (c) acute diseases (d) intermittent diseases
14. In a case of local malady – which of’ the following procedures will be most effective for quick and radical cure ?
- (a) Internal and external administration of the same medicine which is found most homeopathically selected under the circumstances
- (b) Only internal administration of the well selected medicine
- (c) Only external administration of constitutional Medicine
15. When treating a case of non-febrile intermittent disease Hahnemann has described the procedure of appropriate anti-miasmatic treatment but for extinguishing the intermittent character he has recommended an intercurrent drug, which one of the following is correct ?
- (a) Arsenic Album (b) Sulphur
- (c) China (d) Ipceac
16. In the treatment of psoric cases Hahnemann has recommended sulphur with one of the following as intercurrent remedy
- (a) Calcaria Carb (b) Sepia (c) Psorinum (3) Lycopodium
17.If no improvement follows after the administration of strictly Homeopathically selected remedy
- (a) Change the remedy instantaneously (b) Repeat a fresh & small dose of the same medicine
- (c) Change the potency of the remedy (d) Administer a complementary drug
18. What are the limitation of Homoeopathic drug proving
- (a) Highly poisonous substances
- (b) Proving cannot be extended upto the gross pathological changes
- (c) Non availability of idiosyncratic provers
19. Hahnemann recommended the potency as best to investigate the medicinal power is .
- (a) Mother’ tincture (b) 30 th potency
- (c) Decimal potency (d) L. M. potency
20. The best time to administer an antipsoric medicine in female is
- (a) Immediately before the menses expected (b) During the menstrual flow
- (c) After the third day menses had begun (d) At mid cycles
21. Key stone of the arch of the foot is
- (a) Calcancus (b) Talus (c) Navicular (d) Cuboid
22, The Lymphatics from the Glan Penis Drain into
- (a) upper set of superficial inguinal lymph nodes
- (b) Lower set of superficial inguinal lymph nodes
- (c) Deep inguinal lymph nodes
- (d) Aortic lymph nodes
23. The greater omentum is attached to
- (a) Liver and stomach (b) Stomach and Jejunum
- (c) Jejunum and colon (d) Stomach and colon
24. Which branch of ophthalmic artery is an end artery
- (a) Supraorbital (b) Lacrimal
- (c) Ethmoidal (d) Central Artery of retina
25. Leve1 of third cervical vertebra corresponds to :
- (a) Beginning of trachea (b) Beginning of oesophagus
- (c) Hyoid Bone (d) Thyroid cartilage
26. Haemolysis is due to deficiency of –
- (a) 2:3 diphosphoric acid (b) Glucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase
- (c) Carbonic anhydrase (d) Glucose 6 phosphate
27. The sense of Smell is carried by :
- (a) lst Cranial nerve (b) 2nd Cranial nerve
- (c) 4th Cranial nerve (d) 5th Cranial nerve
28. Cabinski’s sign is +ve in
- (a) Lower motor neurone paralysis
- (b) Poriphcral nerve lesion
- (c) Adult under tension
- (d) Upper motor neurone paralysis
29. 1st heart sound is caused by
- (a) Closure of A-v valves (b) closure of semilunar valves
- (c) Opening A-v valves (d) contraction of artia
30. In haemophilia
- (a) Coagulation time is prolonged (b) Bleeding time is prolonged
- (c) Coagulation time is normal (d) Haemorrhagic spots are commonly seen over the skin & Mucous membrane
31, Which of the following medicines is applicable in case of eruptions severely itching but ameliorated by warm application ?
- (a) Sulphur (b) Mezerium
- (c) Croton Trig (d) Rumex
32. Child cries whole night but remains quite day time. Which of the following medicine should be applicable ?
- (a) Lycopodium (b) Chamomilla (c) Belladona (d) Jalapa
33.In early months of pregnancy the lady can lie comfortably only on abdomen. Which of the folowing medicines may be applicable ?
- (a)Medorrhinum (b) CIna (c) Stannum (d) Podophyllum
34. A patient feels too hot – cannot tolerate least exposure to sunray, dislikes covering even in winter, very eager to have cold bath. Which of the following medicine is strongly indicated ?
- (a) Nat.Mur (b) Carb.Veg
- (c) Acid Flour (d) Carbo Animalis
35. Menorrhoegia with scanty, black, acrid and indelible blood discharge, which of the following is indicated in such patient?
- (a) Medorrhinum (c)Ustilago
- (b) Secale cor (d)Kreosote
36. Violently irritable, prays with fold hands, incessant talking, irrelevant laughing, rapid change from joy to sadness, lewd nature which of the following is indicated ?
- (a) Stramonium (b) Hyoscymaus
- (c) Platinum (d) Lachesis
37. Baseless fear of impending poverty, talks of his daily business in delirium, likes to lie listlessly: which one may be helpful to the patient ?
- (a) Gelsemium (b) Acid phos
- (c) Arnica (d) Bryonia
38. Which of the following modicne has prominent properties of antisyphiltic Miasm ?
- (a) Pulsatilla (b) Selenium
- (c) Secale cor (d) Phytolacca
39. Which of the following medicines is more suitably applicable for crops of tiny boils mostly appearing on face behind ears etc, in summer seasons ?
- (a) Hepar sulphur (b) Merc Sol
- (c) Calc. Sulph (d) Arnica Montana
40. Tickling constant cough aggravated by talking – entry of air through mouth and nose. So the patient avoids talking and tries to cover mouth and nose often with a piece of cloth. Which of the following medicine is indicated ?
- (a) Ipecac (b) Squilla
- (c) Spongia (d) Rumex
41. Eczema mainly in genital area spreading to perianal region severely itching and followed by severe soreness so that the patient cannot touch the area in spite of the scratch, which one of the following medicines is indicated ?
- (a) Sulphur (b) Mercrius
- (c) Crotn Trig (d) Graphitcs
42. Which one is indicated for vertigo after coition
- (a) Acid Phos (b) Conium
- (c) Sulphur (d) Gelsemium
43, Which one is indicated for VERTIGO AFTER FRIGHT
- (a) Gelsemium (b) Conium
- (c) Silicea (d) Acon –Nap
44. Drawing pain through the chest, from breasts to scapula of same side every time the child nurses. Nipple very sore
- (a) Croton Trig (b) Graphites
- (c) Phytolacca (d) Silicia
45. Bad effects from loss of sleep, mental excitement and night watching, feel weak if they lose but one hour’s sleep, convulsions after loss of sleep, of anger and grief.
- (a) Cocculus (b)Nitric Acid
- (c) Nux Vomica (d) Zinc Sulph
46. Sweat in axilla, smells like onions
- (a) Bovista (b) Thuja
- (c) Sulphur (d) Sepia
47. Vicarious menstruation
- (a) Pulsatilla (b) Arnica
- (e) Brvonia (d) Causticum
48. Urticaria aggravated in warmth but better in cold
- (a) Dulcamara (b)Thuja
- (c) Rhus Tox (d) Sulphur
49. Headache Preceded by blindness ameliorated by process urination
- (a) Natrum Mur (b)Belladonna
- (e) Gelsemium (d) Thuja
50. Fluoric Acid is complimentary of
- (a) Pulsatilla (b) Silccea
- (c) Hep. Sulph (d) Merc Sol.
More state PSC Homoeopathy Question papers : https://www.homeobook.com/category/question-papers/psc-homeo-question-papers/
UPSC Homoeopathy question papers : https://www.homeobook.com/category/question-papers/upsc-homeo-question-papers/
AIAPGET question papers : https://www.homeobook.com/category/question-papers/md-hom-question-papers/
AYUSH NET question papers : https://www.homeobook.com/category/question-papers/ayush-net/