Title: The right Brain Approach in Homeopathy
Author: Dr. Dinesh Chauhan MD
Publisher: Philosophia publications, Mumbai, India
First edition, 2022, hardcover, 331 pages
ISBN : 978-93-5396-848-9
Tele : 022-26208881
Website : www.casewitnessing.com
He saw the possibility of creating a space in the case witnessing process where our patient’s logical left brain can be set aside, and they could spontaneously connect with their inner pattern guided by the right brain.
- It focuses on understanding the patient’s experience of their symptoms and illness at a deeper level beyond just the physical symptoms.
- The goal is to access the “delusion” or inner disturbance of the patient.
- It uses careful questioning and observation to understand the patient’s hand gestures, body language, facial expressions, tone of voice, use of words, etc. These give clues to the inner state of the patient.
- The homeopath tries to enter the “inner world” of the patient and see their symptoms from their perspective. This helps reveal their unique patterns, sensitivities, life experiences that have contributed to their state.
- More emphasis is placed on the characteristic mental/emotional symptoms vs just the physical symptoms. The mind and body are seen as intrinsically connected.
- The right brain approach aims to find the central delusion or root disturbance around which the patient’s symptoms revolve. The correct homeopathic remedy resonates with this delusional state.
- It requires intuitive pattern recognition skills vs just logical analysis. The homeopath has to make empathetic connections with the patient’s inner world.
The Right Brain approach in homeopathy is a book born from years of thinking, deep personal experience, innovative experiments, and a lightning bolt of inspiration that guided Dr. Dinesh Chauhan to create a human-centric atmosphere during the case witnessing process where people can safely let go of their left brain and heartily embrace their right brain expressions that are rooted in their non-logical, spontaneous, subconscious true and innermost core.
In the day-to-day practice, the right brain approach to homeopathy has enabled Dr. Chauhan to create a brilliant twist in the scientifically intuitive case witnessing process and his numerous patients are the direct beneficiaries of such an evolution in his approach to case-witnessing and, as it turns out, the right-brain approach has become a truly integrative holistic method for understanding the core patterns of the patients at the deepest level.
|Core focus||Understanding the patient’s inner experience and delusion behind symptoms|
|Methods used||Careful questioning, observation of expressions, gestures, behaviors|
|Goal||Access and understand the patient’s inner world perspective|
|Emphasis||On mental, emotional and characteristic symptoms|
|Aim||Identify the central delusion or root disturbance of the patient|
|Skills required||Intuition, empathy, pattern recognition versus just logical analysis|
|Remedy selection||Based on matching the state of delusion and inner disturbance|
Using the right brain approach in homeopathy, Dr. Dinesh has been able to solve cases that were governed predominantly by the left-brain aspects, in people belonging to certain professions, for example, homeopaths, psychologists, scientists, politicians, and businessmen, etc. This innovative approach has changed the way we can perceive ourselves, our patients, and Life itself.
This book is not just for homeopathy students and practitioners, but also for the patients. In reading this book, it becomes clear that by enabling our right brain aspects to express themselves, we are enabling ourselves to heal better, faster, deeper, and heal fully.
This method includes the following steps:
Passive case witnessing process – six questions
Guided passive case witnessing process– six questions
Active case witnessing process ––-six questions
Active-active case witnessing process – understanding the center completely- seven questions
Active-active case witnessing process- giving the whole to the patient
Active-active case witnessing process- towards healing- three questions
Active-active case witnessing process- advice and designer diary
Core focus areas covered in the book include:
- Understanding sensitivities and delusions through careful case taking
- Using language and sensation techniques to explore the patient’s inner worldview
- Identifying kingdoms and miasms
- Techniques for case analysis and synthesis
- Approaches for follow-up and second prescriptions
- Discussion of philosophy and concepts like vital force and miasms
- Numerous case examples demonstrating the right brain approach
In summary, the right brain approach in homeopathy utilizes deeper observation and empathy to understand the patient’s inner disturbance to find the matching remedy. The skill of the homeopath lies in accessing the inner world of the patient through their expressions, words, behaviors etc.