Be a master of materia medica by Dr Muhammed Rafeeque A.A
Review by Dr Aji Punnen BHMS MD(Hom)
The author of the book is Dr.Muhammed Rafeeque A.A.The first edition is published in 2004.The book I reviewed was reprint edition in 2007.The price of the book is Rs.149.The book is published by B.jain publishers. J.j.offset printers print the book in India.
Features of the book
- It is an extract of materiamedica with related rubrics & remedies
- Symptoms of materiamedica is collected from different well-known books & arranged in the hierarchy.
The books are
- Leaders in Homoeopathic therapeutics –E.B.Nash
- Keynotes & red line symptoms of Materia Medica –Lippe
- Materia Medica Pura –Samuel Hahnemann
- Keynotes & characteristics of Materia Medica –H.C Allen
- Textbook of Materia Medica –S.K. Dubey
- The book consists of 86 drugs
- Only well proved drugs are selected.
- Drugs are arranged in alphabetical order
- Each drug is described with name of the prover, physical makeup & symptoms
- Symptoms are arranged from generals to particulars
- Each symptom is followed by representation of same symptom in rubric form of the suitable repertory.
- The rubrics are followed by the remedies with grading as given in the repertory. In case of rubrics with many remedies only high-grade remedies are considered.
- Some symptoms are not represented fully in a single rubric. In such cases few rubrics are considered.
- Some symptoms are not represented with qualifying symptoms. In such cases a general rubric is considered.
Rubrics for symptoms are selected from following repertories
- Repertory of Materia Medica –J.T Kent
- Pocket Manuel of Homoeopathic Materia medica & Repertory
- M.Boericke& O.E Boericke
- Homoeopathic Medical Repertory –Robin Murphy
- Boenninghausen’s characteristics & Repertory –C.M.Boger
- Boenninghausen’s Therapeutic Pocket Book –H.A Roberts
- Concordance Repertory-W.O.Gentry
- Repertory of herring’s guiding symptoms of MateriaMedica-
- A Knerr – Concise Repertory of Homoeopathic Remedies-S.R.Phathak
- Sensations as if- H.A.Roberts
- Synthesis Repertory- Fredrick Shroyens
- Clinical Repertory –J.H.Clarke