Review by Dr Aji Punnen BHMS MD(Hom)
The author of the book is Dr.Muhammed Rafeeque A.A.The first edition is published in 2004.The book I reviewed was reprint edition in 2007.The price of the book is Rs.149.The book is published by B.jain publishers. J.j.offset printers print the book in India.
Features of the book
- It is an extract of materiamedica with related rubrics & remedies
- Symptoms of materiamedica is collected from different well-known books & arranged in the hierarchy.
The books are
- Leaders in Homoeopathic therapeutics –E.B.Nash
- Keynotes & red line symptoms of Materia Medica –Lippe
- Materia Medica Pura –Samuel Hahnemann
- Keynotes & characteristics of Materia Medica –H.C Allen
- Textbook of Materia Medica –S.K. Dubey
- The book consists of 86 drugs
- Only well proved drugs are selected.
- Drugs are arranged in alphabetical order
- Each drug is described with name of the prover, physical makeup & symptoms
- Symptoms are arranged from generals to particulars
- Each symptom is followed by representation of same symptom in rubric form of the suitable repertory.
- The rubrics are followed by the remedies with grading as given in the repertory. In case of rubrics with many remedies only high-grade remedies are considered.
- Some symptoms are not represented fully in a single rubric. In such cases few rubrics are considered.
- Some symptoms are not represented with qualifying symptoms. In such cases a general rubric is considered.
Rubrics for symptoms are selected from following repertories
- Repertory of Materia Medica –J.T Kent
- Pocket Manuel of Homoeopathic Materia medica & Repertory
- M.Boericke& O.E Boericke
- Homoeopathic Medical Repertory –Robin Murphy
- Boenninghausen’s characteristics & Repertory –C.M.Boger
- Boenninghausen’s Therapeutic Pocket Book –H.A Roberts
- Concordance Repertory-W.O.Gentry
- Repertory of herring’s guiding symptoms of MateriaMedica-
- A Knerr – Concise Repertory of Homoeopathic Remedies-S.R.Phathak
- Sensations as if- H.A.Roberts
- Synthesis Repertory- Fredrick Shroyens
- Clinical Repertory –J.H.Clarke