Publisher– National Book Depot
Ist Edition– 2017
ISBN No- 978-93-80206-83-7
Prologue by– Dr. Arun Bhasme
Foreword by– Dr. G.D. Pol
Preface:- This book is a small and humble attempt to compile the information related with repertories on a single platform. While teaching Undergraduate and Post graduate students it was observed that the students becomes confused due to the vast amount of data and thus makes mistakes and naturally repertory is ignored.
The book incorporates the literature of most commonly used repertories and is more comprehensible for the students in learning and achieving their goals. Synoptic Memorizer of repertory helps to select the correct repertory while repertorizing and will try to eliminate the possible difficulties in using repertories. It is too much to hope that the first edition is entirely free from errors of omission. We are grateful to the readers for the advice if any which will help to improve the subsequent editions of book.
The book is divided into 3 sections:-
- Case taking
- Introduction to repertories
- Case taking comprises of Introduction, Directions of Case Taking, Case Receiving and Desired Qualities of Physician, Analysis of Case for Repertorization , Difficulties in Chronic Case Taking, Concept of Totality According to Boenninghausen, Boger and Kent, Paediatric case taking, Case taking in unconscious patient, Anamnesis and Catamnesis.
- Introduction to Repertory comprises of topics Introduction to Repertory, The Evolution of Repertories , Analysis and Evaluation of symptoms for repertorisation, Steps to repertorisation, Methods and Techniques of repertorisation, Salient Features of Common Repertories and their Utility , Classification of Repertories, Advantages & Limitation of Repertory,
- Relation Between HMM, Organon and Repertory, Logic, Important Terminologies in Repertory.
Repertories proper comprises of all the repertories in details contains all the repertories required for the U.G. and P.G. students as Lippes Repertory, Kents repertory, Boenninghausens Therapeutic Pocket book, Bogers Repertory, Boger Boenninghausens Characteristics And Repertory, Bogers Synoptic Key,
- Concordance Repertory, Knerr’s Repertory,
- Gentry’s Repertory, Clinical Repertory,
- General Clinical Repertories, Boerickes Repertory, A Clinical Repertory to the Dictionary of Materia Medica , Regional Clinical Repertories, Bells Diarrhoea, Berridges Eye Repertory, Mintons Uterus,
- Borlands Pneumonia, Intermittent Fever by W. A. Allen’s, Therepeutic of Intermittent Fever by H.C. Allen’s, Card Repertories,
- Modern Repertories, Synthesis Repertory,
- Complete Repertory , Murphys Repertory, Repertorium Universale , Phoenix Repertory, Synthetic Repertory,
- Phataks Repertory, Mechanical Aided Repertories, Autovisual Repertories,
- Homoeopathic Calculator, Coin Repertory,
- Computer Repertories, Mac Repertory,
- Hompath Classic, RADAR,CARA, Stimulare ISIS, Organon 1996.
Highlights of books:-
- Corrections and Conformations of years of publications of many repertories from most authentic sources.
- Corrections of spellings and Grammar wherever necessary.
- Reconstruction and additions in many topics especially under second and third part of the book.
- New additions of some topics like Changes of softwares like RADAR software, Stimulare, ISIS Mac repertory. Also the important ancient techniques by stalwarts like Coin playing technique of repertorization, homoepathic calculator technique, autovisual apparatus is also on one platform.
- Many chapters are worth quoting and given in an elaborate and concise form thus made simpler and informative for U.G.as well as P.G. students like Dr.J.H.Clarkes Dictionary , Murphys Repertory, Knerr, Borland’s pneumonia, Allens fever, Bell’s diarrhea, B.B.C.R
- Some topics are give in tabular form like salient features of repertories in section II which is useful for the students in competitive exams as well as for Viva and practical purpose.
Every undergraduate and postgraduate student in homoeopathy irrespective of the subject has to study this book so as to understand various concepts. So far there was no specific literature on the topic available and this book and this book will be very much useful for postgraduate students in homeopathy India.
This work is based on M.U.H.S and CCH approved syllabus for post-graduation in homoeopathy. Postgraduate students will get outmost advantage of this book because of two reason – firstly CCH syllabus itself not precise, secondly author had successfully incorporated homeopathic repertories, their introduction as well as case taking in compact manner yet informative with the topics – that was an Herculean task to many scholars.
Authors- Dr.D.G.Bagal / Dr.Uttara Agale
About Authors:- Dr.D.G.Bagal is Vice Principal and Professor & H.O.D. of Dept. of Repertory with a teaching experience of about 23 years and a practicing homoeopathic physician in Kharghar. He is examiner for U.G and P.G. and Ph.D. students, Maharashtra Council of Homoeopathy, Bombay University, Shivaji University, Kolhapur And Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, Rajiv Gandhi University, Goa University and Bharti Vidyapeeth. He is Member of Board of Studies – Clinical Board, and Academic Member of Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. He is Competent Authority- AMHMCM (P.G. CET-Admission Process). He is Chairman and Member of Board of Studies– P.G. Homoeopathic Subject Board, Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik. He has presented many paper presentations at national level about 30 cases, articles and research papers in renowned homoeopathic journals. He is the Chief Editor of Quarterly Journal APHORISMI which is an ISSN Journal in homoeopathic field. He is being awarded national level BHARAT RATNA MOTHER TERESA GOLD MEDAL AWARD for 2016 for the pioneering work in the field of medical education and social work. To add feather in his cap he has been recognized for his work by D.D.Sahyadri channel and intervied on teleshow “Sakhi Saheli” on his pioneering work in the field of women and child healthcare.
Dr. Uttara Agale is Assistant Professor, in Homoeopathic Repertory and Case taking since 4.5 years. She has presented papers at national level and has written about 30 cases, articles and research papers in renowned homoeopathic Journals. She is presently working as a Member of Editorial Board of Quarterly Journal APHORISMI which is an ISSN journal in homoeopathic field.