The HSA Congress has become synonymous with high class, exciting presentations that highlight the activities of the profession locally and internationally. This event, which combines the AGM of the association with a national conference bringing together the best minds in homoeopathy and CAM, is once again upon us starting in April 2012.
Date and Venue : HSA Congress 2012 will be held in Cape Town at The Vineyard Hotel and Spa, Newlands from 27-29 April 2011.
Presentations on Sunday morning until midday where we invite all delegates to finish their HSA
Theme : “Medicine for the 21st Century”
High quality speakers are being drawn from both local and international locations, offering a diverse range in intellectual contribution to the field of homoeopathy and its application to the broader topic. Already we have secured the following speakers:
- Dr Sreevals Menon from India – the current National Secretary of the Indian Homoeopathic Medical Association (IHMA) and Director & Senior Consultant AIHMS Homoeopathy Ltd will provide talks related to homoeopathic research as well as allergy intervention using miasmatic theory.
- Dr Izel Botha from Durban, South Africa – the first D.Tech Hom in South Africa and senior lecturer in the Department of
- Homoeopathy at DUT will provide a presentation on provings in homoeopathy with specific reference to African provings and their critical application to the body of homoeopathic knowledge.
- Dr Maria Christodoulou from Cape Town, South Africa – the course leader for the Certificate in Integrative Medicine at the University of Stellenbosch will explore the role of the 21 century healthcare professional and that of their therapeutics.
- Dr David Lilley from Cape Town, South Africa – Director of Education at the South African Faculty of Homoeopathy
- Dr Natalya Dinat from Johannesburg, South Africa – from the University of the Witatersrand, a specialist in palliative care and gynaecology and current student of homoeopathy, Dr Dinat will provide insight into the limitations of public healthcare and the need for a diverse range of health paradigms within this sphere with specific reference to homoeopathy.
- Dr Jurgens Staats from Hartswater, South Africa – having completed his M.Tech Hom at the University of Johannesburg Dr Staats undertook practice in the rural setting of his home town to discover the curative power of homoeopathy but also the practical limitations imposed by his scope of practice. Having returned to study medicine at the University of Witwatersrand,
- Dr Staats will present the benefits and frustrations of the current scope of practice within a rural healthcare setting.
- Dr Craig Wright from Cape Town, South Africa – registered homoeopath (M.Tech Hom (TN)) and phytotherapist (MSc Herbal Med (Wales)), Dr Wright will provide a look at herbal products used in African Traditional Medicine and their potential relationship to homoeopathy and all of CAM
Day Package – which includes attendance of all lectures on all 3 days of the conference including: lunch on all 3 days, cocktail dinner on Friday night and formal dinner on Saturday night.
Stay-Over Package – which includes attendance of all lectures on all 3 days of the conference including: lunch on all 3 days, cocktail dinner on Friday night and formal dinner on Saturday night as well as two nights’ accommodation at the Vineyard Hotel for either single or sharing rates dependent on your preference.