Rapid Classical Prescribing by Subrata Kumar Banerjea
Book review by Dr Mansoor Ali
Price : Rs.449
Pages : 631
B. Jain Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
1921/10 Chuna Mandi
Paharganj, New Delhi-110055
web : www.bjain.com
Email : email@example.com.
Which School of Homeopathy is right?
Now a day’s students and practitioners are exposed to various schools of homeopathy. Lot of adjectives are added to homeopathy. Some of those methods are difficult to digest without years of experience, and some are far away from Hahnemannian teachings.
There are many books on rapid prescribing, but this book highlights six methodologies which will enable the prescriber to reach the simillimum efficiently and quickly. These methods are simple and never confuse the beginner’s.
Six methodologies are
Emphasis on aetiology – including physical and emotional
Totality of physical symptoms
Totality of emotional symptoms
Behaviour, gestures, posture, past time
Similimum can be reached by combination of any three of the above methodologies.
Author says -this approach towards prescribing is scientific, classical, practical, time tested and repeatedly verified which has been practiced for centuries by Master homeopaths including Drs Kent, Hering, Lippe, Tyler, Nash, etc
This book is the outcome of years of experience of Dr S.K. Banerjea who has mastered the understanding of homeopathic literature and practiced both in India and UK, that vastly differing in environment and culture.
- M-THE is the classical and practical prescribing approach in drug dependent, impatient and observed consistent results.
- M=TEK denotes
- Miasm – 50% emphasis
- Rest 50% emphasis on
There are innovative discussion on different concepts of homeopathy needed for a correct prescription ranging from miasms, case taking,mother tinctures, methods of taperinf other system of medicine,LM ptecy, gropu study of drugs, effective drug picture etc…
Major section are
- Modern classical miasmatic prescribing – for drug dependent & non drug dependent
- Classical methodology for case taking and case analysis with emphasis on miasmatic diagnosis
- Effective potency tip – Hexoganal method
- Fast acute prescribing techniques
- Common characters of Group remedies and utility in prescribing
- Drug picture of polychrests
- When well selected remedies fails – utility of nosodes, sarcodes etc..
- Personification of polychrests – looks and spot the medicines
- Emotional etiologies and their corresponding manifestations
- Psychiatry, mental essence & post traumatic disorders
- Consequences of vaccination
- Repertory of personality profiles
- Scope and use of mother tinctures of Latin an Indian drugs
- Repertory of mother tinctures
- Organopathic medicines – how to handle drug dependent cases and tapering methods
Author beautifully described different aspects of miasm in particular conditions.
For example – Hair falling
Alopacia with dry lusterless hair and bran like dandruff – Psora
Circular or spotty baldness – Sycotic
Diffuse hair fall – syphilitic
Thick yellow crusts in hair – tubercular
Like this he described many conditions with respect to miasmatic states
Weaning allopathic medicine
He explained how to tapper the medicine by giving the organopathic homeopathic medicines. After weaning 50% on conventional medicine, suppressed symptom come to surface and the patient give much clearer symptoms. He described eight homeopathic bronchodilators with their indications dose and potency to wean allopathic medicines.
Case taking Performa
This Performa is suitable to Indian and foreign sub-continent, but it is too lengthy for a busy practitioner
The hexagonal representation in the book will enable the prescriber to understand the keywords of the medicine on which major emphasis should be given for prescribing.
I recommend this book to every serious student and practitioner of homeopathy – since this work is the outcome of years of experience of Dr S.K. Banerjea who has mastered the understanding of homeopathic literature and practiced both in India and abroad – his methods are simple and never confuse the beginners.
Be the first to comment