Dr Jyotirmai B Janbow
Abstract: In up- coming days the challenge for Homoeopathic physician is treating and doing effective management in non- communicable diseases, more than 200 hundred years back Dr. Hahnemann proposed the theory of chronic disease and given the mode of treatment as a complete system of Medicine, till date it is working all over the world and serving the humanity with its uniqueness. With modern concept of prevention of diseases in all levels Homoeopathy is effective in each level of prevention contributing in reducing the premature deaths globally. There is a need of evidence based study, in this regards even though Homoeopathy is giving its effectiveness through treating cases by homoeopaths all over the world.
Key words: NCD , Levels of prevention, Homoeopathy
Introduction: The global scenario of non- communicable disease according to WHO is NCDs kill 41 million people each year, equivalent to 71% of all deaths, Each year, more than 15 million people die from a NCD between the ages of 30 and 69 years; 85% of these “premature” deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries.77% of all NCD deaths are in low- and middle-income countries. The top NCDs are cardiovascular diseases cause for most NCD deaths or 17.9 million people annually, followed by cancers (9.3 million), respiratory diseases (4.1 million), and diabetes (1.5 million).
The WHO 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals target of reducing premature deaths from NCDs by one-third by 2030.
In this article an attempt has been done to prove Homoeopathy is effective in prevention of NCD through 2 cases and review of literature and also reportorial approach.
Table no.1 defining the chronic disease
|Diseases with gradual onset; slow in progress; derange the living organism in their own peculiar manner resulting in gradual deviation of health. There may be unlimited life long suffering with further derangement till the living organism is fully destroyed From Organon of Medicine (Aphorisms 74 & 82 of Organon of Medicine)||According to WHO Non-communicable diseases (NCDs), also known as chronic diseases, tend to be of long duration and are the result of a combination of genetic, physiological, environmental and behavioural factors.|
Chronic Diseases are further classified in to diseases with fully developed symptoms and diseases with few developed symptoms
|The main types of NCD are cardiovascular diseases (such as heart attacks and stroke), cancers, chronic respiratory diseases (such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma) and diabetes.|
|The chronic diseases are caused by the chronic miasms Psora, Syphilis and Sycosis.||Multi causative factors ,Risk Factors For NCD|
Table no.2 Levels of prevention in Modern Medicine and Homoeopathy
Homoeopathic Primary Prevention: Primary prevention is done where disease signs and symptoms not yet occurred there is pre-pathogenic state and target group is apparently healthy and these are population strategy where adaptation of Healthy life style and High risk strategy where periodical screening for disease are done.
a) Health promotion by homoeopathy: can be done with Principal of Homoeopathy as instruction given by our master in Organon of medicine In § 4 Hahnemann tells “He is likewise a preserver of health if he knows the things that derange health and cause disease, and how to remove them from persons in health”
In § 5 he says “Useful to the physician in assisting him to cure are the particulars of the most probable exciting cause of the acute disease, as also the most significant points in the whole history of the chronic disease, to enable him to discover its fundamental cause, which is generally due to a chronic miasm. In these investigations, the ascertainable physical constitution of the patient (especially when the disease is chronic), his moral and intellectual character, his occupation, mode of living and habits, his social and domestic relations, his age, sexual function, etc., are to be taken into consideration”
b) Specific Protection of Diseases by Homoeopathy:
The concept of ‘specific remedy’ is given by Hahnemann in § 102 (footnote), 147 and 241 of Organon of medicine he says about Homoeopathic (specific) remedy in explaining about Epidemic diseases, This concept of prescription can be extended to NCDs also because The selection of the specific remedy is based on the following criteria
- Not based on Disease name
- Based on Totality of symptoms
- By selection of proper Rubrics and using of proper Repertory (indexing of symptoms)
- Group of similar remedies are referred in final court of Materia Medica(record of symptoms after drug proving on healthy human being)
- Selection of single remedy
Some related rubrics from complete repertory which will help in selection of specific remedy with reference to modifiable and non- modifiable risk factors of NCDS.
- generalities; HEREDITARY diseases (63) : abrot., aeth., 3Aethi-a., agar., 2arg-n., ars., asar., 3Aur., aur-m., aur-m-n., aven., 3Bac., blatta, cadm., 3Calad., 3Calc., caps., 3Carc., coca, con., 3Dros., 3Dys-co., 2excr-can., fl-ac., haliae-lc., 3Hep., kreos., 3Lac-c., lac-h., lac-mat., lach., 2lepro., lycpr., 3Mag-c., med., merc., merc-i-f., 3Merc-i-r., merc-succ., merc-v., murx., 3Nat-s., 3Nit-ac., op., phel., 3Phos., 3Phyt., piloc-n., 2plut-n., psor., rhod., sac-alb., sars., scirr., stann., staph., strept., sul-ac., 3Sulph., 4SYPH., 3Teucr., thuj., 4TUB.
- generalities; INHERITANCE, bad (56) : abrot., aeth., 3Aethi-a., agar., ars., asar., 3Aur., aur-m., aur-m-n., aven., 3Bac., 3Bufo, cadm., 3Calc., caps., 3Carc., coca, con., 3Dros., 3Dys-co., 2excr-can., fl-ac., 3Hep., kreos., 3Lac-c., lac-h., lac-mat., lach., 2lepro., lycpr., 3Mag-c., med., merc., merc-i-f., 3Merc-i-r., merc-succ., 3Nit-ac., op., phel., 3Phos., 3Phyt., piloc-n., 2plut-n., psor., sac-alb., sars., scirr., stann., staph., strept., sul-ac., 3Sulph., 4SYPH., 3Teucr., thuj., 4TUB
- clinical; CANCEROUS affections; pre-cancerous (29) : 4ARS., buni-o., cadm., calc., carb-v., carc., euph-he., gaert., graph., 4HYDR., ign., kali-bi., kali-c., 4LACH., 4LYC., nat-m., nat-s., nux-v., parat., perh., phos., sarcol-ac., 4SEP., 4SIL., 4SULPH., syc-co., thala., 4THUJ., toxo.
- clinical; DEGENERATION; hereditary (1) : 3Carc.
- clinical; CANCEROUS affections; hereditary (6) : 4CARC., con., lac-h., lac-mat., sac-alb., thuj.
- clinical; CANCEROUS affections; hereditary; mothers side especially (2) : carc., con.
- clinical; DIABETES; mellitus; hereditary (2) : 3Carc., sac-alb.
- clinical; DIABETES; mellitus; pregnancy, in (2) : helon., 2sac-alb.
- clinical; HYPOTHYROIDISM; congenital (23) : absin., 3Aeth., 3Anac., arn., aur., bac., bar-c., 3Bufo, calc-p., carc., hell., ign., iod., 3Lap-a., lol., nat-c., oxyt., ph-ac., plb., sulph., 3Thuj., 4THYR., tub.
- blood; CHOLESTEROL increased (19) : calc., card-m., chlf., cordys-s., cortiso., dulc., elem., erb-p., insulin, lec., lept., lyc., mag-f., perh., sulph., terb., thul-c., thyreotr., tub.
- blood; ANEMIA; hereditary (2) : cadm., 3Carc.
- blood; ANEMIA; production of red blood cells impaired; nutritional complaints, from (6) : alet., 3Alum., 3Calc-p., ferr., helon., nux-v.
- blood; ANEMIA; production of red blood cells impaired; pernicious; hereditary (1) : 3Carc
- heart & circulation; NICOTIN, from, smoking agg. (33) : 2acon., agar., agarin., 3Agn., 3Apoc., ars., bacch-a., bos-s., 3Cact., 3Calad., 2conv., dig., 3Gels., 3Hyosin., iber., ign., 3Kalm., lil-t., lyc., lycps., 3Nux-v., 3Phos., scut., spartin-s., 2spig., spong., staph., 3Stroph., 3Tab., tax., thea., thuj., 3Verat.
- generalities; EATING; after; overeating (74) : 3Abies-n., acon., aeth., agar., 3All-c., all-s., alum., anac., 4ANT-C., 3Ant-t., 3Arg., arg-n., 3Arn., 2ars., 3Asaf., 2bell., 3Bry., bufo, calc., 3Calc-ar., calen., caps., carb-an., 3Carb-v., carl., caust., cer-p., cham., 3Chin., chol., 3Coff., cycl., cyg-b., 3Dios., eucal., euon-a., euonin., ferr., 3Fl-ac., formal., 3Graph., 2hep., hydr., ign., iod., 4IP., 3Kali-m., kola., kreos., 3Lach., 4LYC., mag-c., mag-s., meteo-a., 3Nat-c., nat-p., neod-n., 4NUX-M., 3Nux-v., phos., pitu-a., 4PULS., rheum, rhus-t., 3Ruta, sang., 3Sep., sil., 3Staph., 3Sul-ac., 3Sulph., tama., tub., xan.
- generalities; EXERCISE, exertion; aversion to (52) : 3Aloe, apoc., 2arge-p., aspar., berb-a., 3Bol., 3Bry., calc-i., calc-sil., 3Caps., carc., cari., cephd., 2chin., cich., cocc., ferr-p., 3Get., harp., helo., hema-h., ho., hydr-ac., 2ign., kalm., lac-ac., 2lac-d., lac-del., lac-dr., lac-h., lac-lox-a., lat-h., lsd, mag-m., med., nat-c., nat-n., 2nic-r., 3Nux-v., oxyg., pall., 3Ph-ac., posit., puls., pyrit., 3Sal-ac., 2sep., 3Sil., soph-m., teucr., teucr-s., thyr.
- generalities; DRUNKARDS, ailments of (150) : absin., 4ACON., 3Agar., agn., alco., aloe, alum., 3Alumn., 3Am-m., anac., anis., 4ANT-C., 3Ant-t., 3Anthr., 3Apis, apom., aran., arg., 3Arg-n., arist-cl., 4ARN., 4ARS., ars-s-f., 3Asaf., 4ASAR., astac., 3Aur., aur-ar., aur-m., 3Aven., 4BAR-C., 4BELL., 3Berb., bism., 2bor., 2bov., bry., 3Cadm-s., 4CALC., 3Calc-ar., cann-i., 4CANN-S., canth., 3Caps., 3Carb-ac., carb-an., 4CARB-V., 3Carbn-s., card-m., 3Caust., 3Chel., 4CHIN., cic., 3Cimic., cit-a., 3Coc-c., coca, 3Cocc., 4COFF., 3Colch., con., cori-r., crat., 3Crot-h., 3Cupr., 3Cupr-ar., 2dig., eug., euonin., ferr., ferr-i., 3Fl-ac., 3Gaul., 4GELS., glon., 3Graph., guat., 4HELL., helon., 3Hep., hippoz., hir., 3Hydr., 4HYOS., ichth., 3Ign., 3Iod., ip., 4KALI-BI., 3Kali-br., 3Kali-c., kali-i., 3Kali-p., 4KREOS., 4LACH., laur., 4LED., lob., lup., 3Lyc., mag-c., mand., med., 2meli., 3Meph., 4MERC., morph-acet., 3Mur-ac., 4NAT-C., 3Nat-m., nat-n., 3Nat-s., nit-ac., 3Nux-m., 4NUX-V., 4OP., 2pareir., 2passi., peg-h., 3Petr., 3Ph-ac., phase., 3Phos., 4PULS., querc-r., 4RAN-B., rauw., 3Rhod., 3Rhus-t., 3Ruta, 2sabad., sac-alb., 3Sang., 4SEC., 3Sel., 3Sep., 3Sil., 3Spig., staph., 4STRAM., stront-c., stroph., 4SUL-AC., 4SULPH., 3Sumb., syph., taosc., 3Verat., 3Zinc., zing
- mind; ALCOHOLISM, dipsomania; hereditary (19) : agar., ars., 2asar., aven., calc., caps., coca, 2excr-can., lach., lycpr., merc., op., 2plut-n., 2psor., sars., 2sul-ac., 2sulph., 4SYPH., 2tub.
- mind; ALCOHOLISM, dipsomania; withdrawal, to help (30) : agav-t., ange., ars., asar., aven., bufo, calc., calc-ar., carc., caust., 3Chin., cit-a., con., hep., kola., lach., mag-c., merc., nux-v., op., passi., petr., puls., 3Querc., querc-r., staph., stroph., stry-n., sul-ac., sulph.
Homoeopathic Secondary prevention:
The main mode of intervention in secondary prevention is early diagnosis and prompts treatment. This can be implemented with the help of classification of chronic diseases given by our master Hahnemann in Organon of Medicine, this is like a compass which shows directions about What type of chronic case? How to take case? What to do? etc.
Table no 3 Hahnemann’s instruction in treating the Chronic Diseases
|Type of Disease||Approach|
|Pseudo chronic disease §77 (non miasmetic)||Removal of maintaining cause|
|Artificial Chronic disease§ 76||§74,75 ,
-Difficult to remove
|Single miasmetic disease (fully developed)||Totality of symptoms|
|Multi miasmetic complex disease||End the treatment with Antipsoric remedy|
|One sided diseases§ 176,
only mental symptoms 210-230
only Physical symptoms
|§177 Few symptoms, remedy should be selected on the basis of similia principal|
Non- Surgical -§ 187
| Sectorial totality selected
Not able to treat on the basis Law of similia
Table no 5 § 94-99 Difficulty in taking chronic cases
Homoeopathic Tertiary prevention:
The Tertiary prevention can be implementing by two modes of intervention 1.Disability limitation and 2.Rehabilitation.
By definition Disability is inability to carry out certain routine, expected activities, considered normal for the age, sex etc, due to impairment. And Rehabilitation is the measure undertaken in the individual, when the disease is very much advanced and the patient experiences the disadvantage in the life and becomes disabled, handicapped and dependent, in these conditions Homoeopathic approach will be constitutional to some extent and palliative treatment is needed in terminal disease condition. Many Homoeopaths supported the palliative treatment including Hahnemann in The third aphorism he says about the knowledge of the physician. What is curable in disease? What is curative in medicine? How to adapt to what is curative in medicine to what is curable in disease according to clearly defined principles? Kent, Stuort close, H.A.Robert, Dunhamm, Clark and many more , Palliative treatment can be done by the following methods
- Pathological prescription,
- Organ specific remedies
- Tonics and Mother tinctures
Some useful rubrics for terminal disease condition from Complete Repertory:
- generalities; PROGRESSIVE diseases (89) : abrot., acal., acon., aeth., 4AM-C., 3Am-m., 3Arg-n., arn., ars., ars-i., bac., bar-c., bell., berb., cadm-p., 3Calc., calc-hp., calc-p., 3Canth., 3Carb-v., carbn-s., carc., caust., crot-h., cupr., cupr-ar., 3Dig., dros., dulc., 3Erio., 2ferr., 3Ferr-p., 2gels., 4HEP., hura, hyos., hyper., 3Iod., 3Kali-c., kali-hp., kali-i., kali-n., 3Kali-p., kou., kreos., kres., 4LACH., lat-k., laur., led., lept., lob-e., 4LYC., 3Mang., 3Merc., 3Merc-c., merc-v., myric., nat-hchls., 3Nat-m., 3Nit-ac., nux-v., 3Ol-j., 3Op., 4PHOS., 2phys., 3Pic-ac., 3Plb., 3Psor., puls., rhus-t., 3Sanic., sec., 3Sil., 4SPONG., stann., stann-i., stram., stront-c., sul-ac., 4SULPH., syph., tarent., thuj., 3Thyr., trach-v., tub., 3Verat., 3Zinc
- generalities; VITALITY decreasing (21) : 3Ars., aur., 3Camph., carb-an., carb-v., cean., chlorpr., cocc., 3Crot-h., echi., 3Laur., mag-m., nat-c., nat-glut., op., scut., 3Sec., sulph., verat., vinc., 3Zinc.
- clinical; TERMINAL diseases (22) : acet-ac., ars., ars-i., aster., bar-i., bar-m., cadm., calc-i., carb-ac., carb-an., carb-v., con., euph., hydr., kali-i., kreos., lap-a., merc., ph-ac., stann., tarent., tarent-c.
- clinical; CANCEROUS affections; advanced stages (22) : alum-sil., anan., ant-ar., ant-i., arg., ars., bapt., bell-p., benzoq., bry., cadm., cadm-s., calc-f., con., hydr., lap-a., phos., phyt., scirr., scroph-n., symph., tarent-c.
- generalities; COLLAPSE; threatening (11) : ars., camph., 3Carb-v., crat., crot-h., cupr., lach., merc-cy., 3Phos., stram., 2verat.
- generalities; WEAKNESS; rapid (13) : 2acon., 4ARS., 3Bapt., 3Chin., dys-co., laur., 3Lyc., 3Merc-cy., 2nux-v., 2sec., 3Sep., 3Tub., 4VERAT.
- generalities; STRENGTH; decreased, diminished; sudden (34) : 3Acon., 3Ars., aur., 3Calc., 4CAMPH., canth., carb-an., 3Carb-v., 3Cast., caust., chin., chin-s., 3Colch., 3Crot-h., 3Graph., 3Hydr-ac., hyos., jatr., 3Kali-p., 3Laur., lyc., mez., 3Nat-m., 3Nux-v., op., 2petr., 3Phos., 3Sec., 4SEL., 3Sep., 3Sulph., 4VERAT., vip., zinc-o.
- generalities; DYING babies (26) : 3Acon., am-c., amyg-am., 4ANT-T., 3Arg-n., 3Arn., ars., atro., 3Bell., 4CAMPH., 3Chin., cimic., crot-h., 4CUPR., cupr-ar., hydr-ac., hyos., ip., kali-bi., 4LAUR., loxo-r., 3Op., 2sec., sul-h., upa., vip.
- clinical; ASPHYXIA, death apparent (121) : 3Acet-ac., 4ACON., am-c., am-caust., 3Anac., 3Anil-s., ant-ar., 3Ant-c., 4ANT-T., 3Apis, 3Arn., 4ARS., asar., atro., 4AUR., 4BELL., 3Bov., 3Brom., 2bry., butho-t., 4CAMPH., 4CANN-S., 2carb-an., 3Carb-v., 3Carbn-s., card-b., caust., 3Cham., 4CHIN., chir-f., chlf., 4CHLOR., cic., cimic., coc-c., cocc., 3Coch., 3Coff., 4COFFIN., 3Colch., coloc., 3Con., crat., crot-h., 3Cupr., cupr-ar., cur., 3Cycl., 3Dig., dinitrob., ferr., gels., 4GRAPH., guai., 3Hell., helo., 4HEP., 3Hydr-ac., 3Hyos., 3Ign., 4IP., just., kali-cy., kali-n., keroso., kreos., 4LACH., lat-m., 4LAUR., 3Led., 4LOBIN., loxo-r., 3M-arct., m-aust., merc., merc-c., 3Mosch., nat-m., 3Nicot., 2nit-ac., nitro-o., 3Nux-m., 4NUX-V., oena., 4OP., passi., 3Petr., 2ph-ac., 3Phos., 3Phys., picro., 3Plat., plb., plut-n., 4PULS., rhus-t., sabad., 4SAMB., scol., 3Sec., 3Sep., 2sica-a., 3Sil., 3Sin-n., 3Spig., 4SPONG., stann., staph., stram., 3Stry., sul-h., sulfon., sulo-ac., 4SULPH., 3Tab., trach., upa., 4VERAT., 3Verat-v., vip., zinc.
- clinical; ASPHYXIA, death apparent; paralysis of lungs, in threatening (4) : ant-ar., 3Ant-t., 3Phys., sulfon.
- clinical; CANCEROUS affections; cachexia, emaciation, with (46) : acon., alet., alf., alum., 4ARS., ars-i., aur-m-n., bar-c., brom., 2cadm., 3Cadm-s., calc., carb-an., carb-v., 3Carc., caust., con., cory., cund., graph., helon., 2hydr., iod., kali-bi., kali-chl., 2kali-cy., kali-i., kali-p., kreos., laur., lyc., mez., nat-m., nit-ac., ph-ac., phos., phyt., pic-ac., plac., 3Sed-r., sep., sil., silphu., sulph., thuj., turm-chr.
- generalities; CHEMOTHERAPY, effects of (9) : ars., cadm-s., carc., chin., 2chin-ar., ip., lap-be-e., nux-v., phos.
- generalities; METASTASIS; pain at night, with (1) : phyt.
- clinical; EUTHANASIA, for (27) : acon., aml-n., ant-t., apis, ars., aur., brachy-s-p., 3Carb-v., cench., chin., coloc., crot-h., herin., lach., lachn., lyc., 3Med., mur-ac., phos., puls., 2rhus-t., spig., syph., tarent., tarent-c., tub., verat.
- heart & circulation; TENSION; circulation; diminished, arteries (8) : acon., chlol., crat., gels., ilx-p., iod., morph., piloc.
Name of Patient : Smt. C
Age : 50 years, Religion : Hindu
Marital Status – Married
Occupation : House Maker
Address : Bangalore
C/O – 1.Profuse urination with itching of urethra since 15 days.
- Sudden Weight loss from 65kg to 57 kg with increased thirst since 1month.
History of presenting complaints:
There is a sudden weight loss around 8 kg in last one month with increased thirst and urination, Urine is yellow in color with itching of urethra, no history of burning and pain.
Agg: After passing urine, Night
Amel: Nothing Specific
K/C/O – Hypothyroidism, since 6 years , Took allopathic treatment and then Homoeopathic
Treatment now past 2 years no medication and every six monthly checking for TSH and it is within normal limit.(earlier TSH used to be up to 150)
Family History: Father died because of DM, Mother is 85 years, Alive, apparently healthy with age related Issues like urgent in urination ,not eating properly. One sister ,and one brother alive both are apparently healthy
Personal History :
- Diet – Adequate for her age and work
- habits – drinking coffee
- Appetite – increased
- Thirst –increased
- Food (Foods, drinks and others) Craving – Sweets
- Aversion – nothing specific
- Stool – 1 time , satisfactory
- Urine – 6 times,
- Sweat – axilla
- Sleep – disturbed due to getting up for urination
- Dreams – Nothing specific
- Thermal reactions – Chilly
- Habits and addiction – Coffee must have 2 times. Mental State :
Life space investigation:
Tell me about yourself: I resides with my husband and 2 children both are sons ,one Son is apart for working purpose . I will take care of family ,I love to do house hold work ,I will not able eat until my work complete, daily it becomes afternoon and I will get tension if I am not able to complete my work, no buddy will be there at home no one will ask me weather you have eaten or not ,my mother used to ask but she is also not well ,I feel no one cares me ,I will do so much for my husband and child they never ask me how I am feeling. We built new house recently and shifted ,After shifting I am not feeling good and everything is changed , it is far from my mother’s place ,my relatives are all far ,since 3 months I am feeling if something happens to me what will happen?
I won’t mingle with people .i don’t like it because they will be talking about other family matter .
What are your worries: I am worried about my mother health as she is old she can’t go fast to bathroom for this my (Attige)Brother’s wife will scold her and my brother also as I am far from my mother’s place I am not able to take care for her (weeping while narrating). My relative died because of high sugar with no proper treatment in lock down,nobody attended the funeral due to covid norms, since that I get tension whenever I get thought if I also get sugar what will happen to me .Since 1 month I am losing weight I am worried something will happen ,suddenly I will get palpitation and sweating all over body not able to walk feeling weakness of legs .
Do you have any fear: yes, day by day I am becoming week I fear that I will become weak not able to do work who will take care of my family.
Intellect: intelligent ,take decision in home and look after financial matter of household.
Symptoms selected for Repertorization
- Ailments from worries
- Anxiety about health
- Anxiety in afternoon
- Anxiety that legs are becoming week
- Want appreciation from husband
- Cares for family
- Fear about completion of work
- Feels after changing home everything changed in her life
- Desire for sweets
- Chilly pt
Follow-up: Arg.nit 200/1 dose given on 17/3/22
30/3/22, Feeling better -Pl for 15 days
15/4/22 Feeling better pl for 15 days
A male, Hindu patient named Mr.V aged about 58, staying at Bangalore do ironing of cloths as his profession.
He is a K/C/Of DM since 17 years ,came with bilateral diabetic foot ulcer of big toe since 3 months.
History of presenting complaints:
He is a K/C/Of DM since 17 years and taking allopathic medicine irregularly because of his poor socio economic condition. since 2 years numbness of lower limbs.
3 months back he got injury to Rt big toe ,with that he travelled to his village, with bare foot worked in his field not taken care for injury and not taken medication regularly
The injury was not healing, After 15 days ,came back to Banglore. he had fever with chills and severe pain and offensive discharge with oozing from the wound .went to hospital, Doctor said to admit in the hospital, given antibiotic and pain killer cleaned the wound and did the dressing, said Sugar levels are high we can’t treat hear, operation has to be done , one leg may be amput so go to other hospital.
On 5/2/22 his wife called me for help, on telephonic consultation given Secel.cor 200/3 dose. He admitted in KC general hospital in surgery department after investigation they amputed Rt. Big toe. Lt. big toe they did dressing.as they were in the KCG they could not take the Homoeopathic medicine.
16/2/22- discharged from hospital
18/2/22 ,c/0 – severe burning on operated area Sulpher 1M/1dose given to her wife
Visited to Ghmc&H on 9/3/2022 op no- 35927, for dressing
Past history: DM since 20 years, Diabetic neuropathy since 2 years
Family history: Mother died of DM, Father died of Heart attack
- Diet and habits – Not Taking Adequate food for his age and work, not maintaining proper diet, Mixed diet.
- Appetite : increased after allopathic medication
- Thirst: increased, Dryness of mouth
- Food (Foods, drinks and others) Craving :Spicy foods
- Aversion: NS
- Stool :Constipation since child hood ,Hard stool, unsatisfactory, anxious and restless cant do any other work until stool get clear.
- Urine : Uncontrolled at night 4-5 times in day
- Sweat : Excess all over body ,weakness feeling after sweat
- Sleep :Disturbed due to urination
- Dreams : Nothing Specific
- Thermal reactions :Towards HOT
- Habits and addiction :Smoking and Drinking alcohol since his adulthood, left every thing since 2 years
- General examinations
- General appearance (expression, look, decubitus, etc): Sick look
- General built and nutrition :Well built
- Weight 75 kg,
- Eyes: Sclera- Muddy , Lower palpebral conjunctiva: pink
- Mouth : Hygiene, Tongue: No coating ,
- Teeth: Strong , Gums : Not bleeding
- Edema: Slight edematous lower limbs
- Skin : ulcer on both big toe of lower limbs ,bleeding on touch ,offensive discharge from the wound , Non healing with irregular margines
- Nails :Gangrene on Lt toe, Rt toe amputed
- Gait: Limping
- Lymphadenopathy :None
Mentals :Life Space Investigation
Tell me about your self: Born and Brought up in Village in Channapatna , Not went school properly left in between ,did agriculture work ,after marriage came for Bangalor to do some work ,past 25 years settled in Bangalore doing iron of cloths ,wife will bring cloths from houses and he will iron cloths at home.
Any worries? Nothing ,some time financial worry but I will mange
Relationship with Others: My wife and children should listen what I will tell, if not I will blast them. even in my relative side other should speak with me I will not speak first, I had dispute with my brothers regarding field I am angry on them and also I doubt they will do something harm to me and my family , after quarreling with them I never seen their face. I feel like kill them I won’t apologies to them ,I will never forgive them and I will take revenge on them.
9/3/22- 1.Syz. J Mother tincture :2.Gun powder 200/od:3.Carbolic acid 30/od all medicine for a week,RBS done in college lab -344
11/3/22- No Bleeding from wound , No offensive discharge,Pain and burning redused,Dressing done with calendula and Echinasia mother tincture External application, RBS done @ home 215
13/4/22 – After taking detailed case taking 1.Merc sol 200/3 dose 2.Syzy mother tincture 10 drops in half cup of water. Did dressing, RBS – 229
Conclusion: In case-1 constitutional remedy helped as secondary level of prevention and in case-2 for initial stage needed pathological prescription once case stabilized constitutional medicine helped for limiting the disability in Tertiary level of prevention as this case was a diabetic complication. By Homoeopathic system of medicine effective treatment and management of non- communicable diseases can be done.
- John H. Clarke ‘The Prescriber’ reprint edition 2003,published by Indian Books and Periodicals, New Delhi.
- 3.Fredric L.Compton ‘Homoeopathic Preventive medicine with No side effects’ Reprint edition 1995, B.Jain Publishers pvt.ltd.New Delhi
- Robin Murphy.N.D. ‘Lotus Materia Medica’,B.Jain Publishers pvt.ltd.New Delhi
- 5.Robin Murphy.N.D, ‘Homoeopahic Medical Repertory’ 2nd Revised Edition, B.Jain Publishers pvt.ltd.New Delhi
- 6.Frederik Schroyens ‘synthesis Reperorium Homeopathicum syntheticum 9th edition ,Homeopathic Book Publishers London
- 7.Complete repertory ,Synergy software.
- Suryakantha A H ‘Community Medicine with Recent Advances ’,sixth Edition ,Jaypee Brothers medical publishers, New delhi
- 9.Park K, Park’s Text book of Preventive and Social Medicine,26th Edition,M/s Banarsidas Bhanot publishers Pune
- Hahnemann S, ‘Organon of Medicine’,6th edition, Translated by Willium Boericke, B.Jain Publishers pvt.ltd .New Delhi
Dr Jyotirmai B Janbow
Associate Professor/HOD, Department of Community Medicine
Government Homoeopathic Medical College and hospital Basaveshwar Nagar