Dr Mansoor Ali
Private practice is the best option than any other job – that gives you more social reputation and financial maturity. In Govt sector or hospitals – they will give you fixed salary but that has limits. But if you have time and dedication, private practice will give you more income and social reputation.
- A clinician in private practice enjoys an autonomy that cannot be experienced in a hospital based setting
- Services provided by small private clinics are heavily relied on by significant part of Indian population.
- Assuring quality service is therefore important on the part of the clinician
Qualified practitioners & institutions in India
So comparing to other systems, lesser number of doctors and dispensaries are in homoeopathy – So India need more and more homoeopathy doctors and hospitals
Which sector is better ?
- IT – More stress, less life
- Business – More pressure, more dead money or product, more competition
- Real Estate – In a great dilemma at the time of recession, more corrupt
- Doctor – Comfortable as per our convenience. More earnings with less investment.
Which system is better for private practice and why?
Allopathy – at least Post-graduation required, so to study nearly 11 years
Dental – Cost of the clinic, cost of the treatment, lesser number of patients since patient visit to dentist limited as last resort
Ayurveda – more quack practitioners with social acceptability, cost of medicine unaffordable to common man, lot of diet restrictions and difficult to consume.
Homoeopathy – BHMS is enough in-order to get a good private practice, easily administered, cost of clinic and cost of medicine are less than other systems of medicine,
More placement & More private practice since less number of doctors in homoeopathy
Admission to various courses in India
- BHMS : 12,000
- MBBS : 60,000
- BAMS : 15265
So Homoeopathy doctors are lesser in number comparing to other streams
Don’t worry about the ever increasing number of doctors – India has 6000 births in a minute
In private practice the income depends totally on the effort you put in and your professional reputation. A BHMS graduate working in private sector can earn more than what he earns in government sector. But you have to sit in a clinic at-least for two years in order to become an established doctor.
Never wait for a Government job, start your practice immediately after completing the course. You can continue your practice even after getting a job. It is not possible to practice after acquiring all the knowledge, that will take time.
Dr Mansoor Ali KR
Asso. Professor, Govt. Homoeopathy Medical College. Calicut
www.drmansoorali.com, www.homeobook.com, www.similima.com
More useful articles on clinic design