Central Council of Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Govt. of India is an apex research organization facilitating scientific research in Homeopathy. The Council initiates, develops, undertakes and co-ordinates scientific research in fundamental and applied aspects of Homoeopathy.
As a step forward in the capacity building and encouraging research aptitude among post graduate & PhD students, the Council is initiating a new scheme for providing scholarship to selected medical graduates/postgraduates who are pursuing MD/PhD programmes in Homoeopathy through recognized medical institutes/ Universities
This scheme is primarily aimed at promoting good quality research in homoeopathic medical colleges through students pursuing post graduation/ doctorate as well as improving the visibility and accessibility of their research work to larger research audience. The Council, through this scholarship scheme to medical graduates/ Post graduates, will procure the dissertations/ theses in its library and the salient highlights of each dissertation/ thesis will also be posted on its website.
The highlights of scheme are as follows:
- The Council will provide scholarship of Rs.25, 000/- (twenty five thousand) only to the selected candidates pursuing post graduation /doctorate in Homoeopathy.
- Number of Awards: Limited to 10 per year.
- Eligibility: Medical graduates/ postgraduates who are enrolled to the MD /PhD programme in any recognized College/ University and who wish to avail the CCRH scholarship for pursuing their research projects.
Procedure for selection:
The scheme would be brought to the knowledge of Homoeopathic institutes/Universities through circulars and shall also be placed on the CCRH website. The applications shall be assessed twice a year as provided in the scheme.
Each application should be forwarded by the head of the Institution after the approval of synopsis by the affiliating University.
The candidate shall submit synopsis indicating title, introduction, aims & objectives, review of literature, materials & methods and references as given in the guidelines for preparing synopsis (Annexure-I). The candidate is required to follow Good Clinical Practices/Ethical Guidelines in case of trials. Candidate has to submit 10 hard copies of the synopsis to CCRH headquarters along with the soft copy.
The application for scholarship should include synopsis (Annexure 1), particulars of the candidate (Annexure 2), particulars of the Institute (Annexure 3), approval of the synopsis (Annexure 4), undertaking by the candidate (Annexure 5) and certificate of the Guide/ Supervisor (Annexure 6).
election would be made on the basis of merit which will be decided by the committee of experts constituted by the Council. All the proposals received shall be evaluated by the said committee which will assess the applications on the basis of innovativeness, relevance of work, study design, application of research, expected outcome and CTRI registration in case of clinical trial.
- The first instalment of Rs 15,000/- shall be released at the time of selection.
- Rs.10,000/- shall be released only after the receipt of the dissertation/thesis (approved by the University) in hard & soft copy and draft manuscript (for submission to peer reviewed journal) by the Council from the candidate.
Application duly filled in by the candidates in the prescribed format forwarded by the Guide/
Supervisor and Certified by Head of the Institute may be sent twice in a year, between 1st to 30th June or 1st to 31st December in a particular year.