Review on The chronicles of Epidemics in Hahnemann’s time and contemporary Homoeopathic Prevention
Review by Dr Mansoor Ali
Dr Preema EP
Professor,HOD, Organon Medicine Govt Homoeopathic Medical College, Trivandrum
Dr Jeesper Susan John
Professor, Organon Medicine Govt Homoeopathic Medical College, Trivandrum
Homoeopathy had a good reputation in the field of prophylaxis, especially against acute infectious epidemic diseases. Ever since the founder, Dr. Samuel Hahnemann advised the use of Belladonna in the prevention of scarlet fever, homoeopathic medicines have done excellent service in the field of prophylaxis in many infectious diseases epidemics. This book reveals and documents and the techniques behind Homoeopathic Prophylaxis.
This book tries to unearth evidence/database of the efficacy of homoeopathic preventive medicines in infectious diseases, and explore the various methods used and problems faced in this field. Various hypotheses regarding its mode of action, future research etc. are also examined.
The genetic mutation in different causative organisms was understood recently only. But master Hahnemann had identified the unique feature of each epidemic disease 200 years back – he advised considering each epidemic disease has a new and different one and selecting the genus epidemicus (prophylactic medicine) every time based on the features at that time.
- Evolution of prophylaxis
- Different approaches in Homoeopathic Prophylaxis
- Hahnemann’s advice in general regarding the prevention of epidemics
- Cure and prevention of scarlet fever
- Treatment of purport miliaries
- Treatment of typhus or hospital fever
- Treatment of Asiatic cholera
- Hahnemann’s advice regarding repetition of dose in acute epidemic diseases
- Historical evidence of Homoeopathic prophylaxis in preventing epidemics and pandemics
- Homoeopathic Prophylaxis in modern times
Edition : 2021
Pages : 94
Published by Don Bosco Publishing Centre, Trivandrum, Kerala
For Copies : 8547714025, 9446010893