The Forum on Indian Traditional Medicine (FITM), established at Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS) in collaboration with the Ministry of AYUSH, is a common platform for all actors and stakeholders to come together to contribute to pragmatic policy making on Indian Traditional Medicine(ITMs)
Under the Research Fellowship Scheme, FITM aims to encourage and promote research in economic, sociological, politico-economic, trade, management and digital/information technology related aspects of ITM health systems.
Subject of Research
The Scheme encourages systems research on any subject that explores economic, sociological, politico-economic, trade, management and information/digital technology related aspects of ITM health systems.
The scheme does not apply to research on clinical, pharmacological, pharmacognosy and related subject areas.
Categories of Fellowships
- Doctoral Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellowships
4. Duration: The duration of the Doctoral Fellowships will be of two years from the date of award. The duration of the Postdoctoral Fellowship will be of one year from the date of award.
- Research Fellowships are open to scholars with educational backgrounds in any of the AYUSH disciplines.
- Additional qualification in any other specialisation, especially IT, is desirable.
- Outstanding candidates from other disciplines may be considered.
- Doctoral Research Fellowship applicant should be a full-time PhD scholar in any UGC
recognised Indian University, deemed University /Institute.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship applicant should have obtained his/her PhD degree at
the time of application for the Fellowship.
6. Selection Procedure
- The selection of the Research Fellows will be made by the Fellowship Committee of the FITM.
- The applicant will be required to submit his/her particulars in the prescribed format, duly filled-in, along with a Proposal.
- The Proposal for the Doctoral Research Fellowship may or may not be similar to the Proposal for PhD thesis submitted to the University where the applicant is registered.
- The Postdoctoral Fellow may submit a Proposal based on the area of research he/she intends to undertake during the Fellowship.
- Based on the shortlisted meritorious Proposals from eligible applications and/or interviews with the candidates, the Fellowship Committee shall recommend the names to the FITM for grant of Fellowships. The Fellowship Committee reserves the right to call or not to call a candidate for interview. If the Fellowship Committee does not find any applicant suitable for the grant of the Fellowship in a given year, no Fellowship may be granted during that year. The FITM may, however, consider awarding the Fellowship for that particular year in the next year subject to the availability of funds.
- The validity of the award letter shall be one month from the date mentioned in the award letter. No extension beyond one month will be considered. Decision of the FITM in matters of selection for interview or for award of Fellowships, etc. shall be final and binding on the candidate.
Online applications will be invited on all India basis through press advertisement. The information with respect to inviting applications is also to be made available on the RIS /FITM website http://www.fitm.ris.org.in/fellowship and Ministry of AYUSH website www.ayush.gov.in. Applicants are required to apply on-line.
Age Limit : The upper age limit for applicant for Doctoral Research Fellowship shall not be more than 28 years on the last date of application. The applicant for Post-Doctoral Fellow should not be more than 35 years of age on the last date of application. The upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years in case of candidates belonging to scheduled castes/scheduled tribes/OBC, physically challenged and female applicants.
Last date of application Submission: 15 December 2018
More details click here