Dr. Syed Saileen (PG Part 2 Scholar-Department of Organon of Medicine)
Dr. Kiran N Patil (H.O.D & PG Guide-AM Shaikh Homoeopathic Medical College, Belagavi, 590010)
ABSTRACT: Gallstones are hardened deposits of digestive fluid that can form in your gallbladder. Your gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ on the right side of your abdomen just beneath your liver. Gallstones range in the size from as small as a grain of sand to as large as a golf ball. Homeopathic medicines are effective in treating gallstones without any complications in this article homeopathic treatment for gallstones is explained through a case.
KEYNOTES: Cholelithiasis, Homeopathic treatment, Calcarea Carb.
Gallstones are hardened deposits of digestive fluid that can form in your gallbladder. The gallbladder holds a digestive fluid called bile that is released into your small intestine. Gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ on the right side of your abdomen just beneath your liver. Gold stones range in the size from as small as a grain of sand to as large as a golf ball.
SYMPTOMS: Gallstones may cause no signs or symptoms if a gallstone lodges in a duct and causes a blockage, the resulting signs, and symptoms may include:
- Sudden and rapid intensifying pain in the upper right portion of your abdomen.
- Sudden and rapidly intensifying pain in the center of your abdomen just below your breastbone.
- Back pain between your shoulder blades.
- Pain in your right shoulder.
- Nausea or vomiting.
* Gallstone pain may last several minutes to a few hours.
A 57-year-old male reported to my clinic with complaints of vomiting for two weeks and abdomen pain for two weeks.
The patient came with complaints of pain in the abdomen and vomiting for two weeks, a pricking type of pain, Pain travels from the right iliac region to the scapula, and pain is only relieved by allopathic medication(painkiller). The patient was keeping good health initially, but the pain started suddenly two weeks before and he had consulted a family physician who advised him for the USG abdomen and diagnosed the case as cholelithiasis and advised him for cholecystectomy.
The patient was scared of the operative procedure and hence consulted for the needful. Been aggravated after having food.
- Admitted for typhoid eight years back
- He had a fracture of his right leg at the age of 28 (Medicated Allopathy)
- Known case of hypertension (tab Tellma H 40mg OD)
APPETITE: Can sustain hungerTHIRST: Often feels thirsty and consumes 2 to 3 glasses of water hourly
URINE: D/N 6/5,1/2 Clear, Non-offensive, No burning
BOWELS: Daily once in the morning, Clear non-offensive, no burning
DREAMS: Nothing specific
PERSPIRATION: Profuse (Perspiration usually at Nape of Neck and scalp, even while eating he perspires profusely)
- Car and bus traveling give us nausea and headache
- Catches cold easily (Coryza) With the change of weather
- Abdomen, pain, general, Liver, Colic gallstones
- Mind, Timidity
- Mind, company’s desire for
- Generalities, restlessness, physical
- stomach, nausea, riding in a carriage or on, cars, while the aggravation
- Head, perspiration scalp
- Mind, health, anxiety about
- Calcarea Carb 30/1d(4pills)
- Placebo (4-0-4) 15daya
- Consult SOS If pain is severe and advise you to stop tobacco chewing
Be the first to comment