From 17/02/2015 onwards, there is continuous HUNGER STRIKE by the students of National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata – many students now hospitalized.
Strike started on the issue of shortage of attendance of the first BHMS students , now students demand resignation of Director by siting various issues.
Director Dr SK Nanda’s stand
- These students are acting on instruction of some of the vested interest persons of this Institute.
- First BHMS examination was due on 24/2/2015.
- Out of 89 students only 5 students were having 75% attendance.
- As per the statute of university 75% is required .
- They want even those did not attend classes during 18 months they also demanded to be allowed.
- As per CCH Director/Principal is not having any power to change, university in consultation with CCH may consider in individual case on extra ordinary condition.
- Director, AYUSH and Joint Secretary AYUSH came for the purpose. Students on instigation demanded Resignation of Director. Which is neither possible nor desirable
- Every day they abuse Director with slang language on 17/3/15 they manhandled on the way back to my residence.
From 17/02/2015, 10 am onwards, There is continuous HUNGER STRIKE following the path of Mahatma Gandhi, 22 students out of 28 students had already been hospitalized in State General Hospital in Emergency Unit.
Students demand immediate resignation of Prof. (Dr.) SK Nanda, Director of national institute of homoeopathy
Following being the reasons :-
- Candidates from BIMSTEC Countries, nominees from different States and Union Territories, OBC, SC and ST Students admitted to this institute are repeatedly being harassed by the authority of National Institute of Homoeopathy to get their SCHOLARSHIP every year.
- Regularly students are being harassed as the Director always replies in dirty, filthy, unparliamentarily words whenever any student approaches him.
- The Director also used to roam and PEEP around the Girls’ Hostel premises at 3 A.M. in the morning which is also under his so called self-proclaimed duties which is beyond our thinking.
- No implementation of Auto renewal of stipend during Internship and post graduate scholars.
- No initiation for House – staffship which is available in all other Govt. medical colleges. House staff ship should be introduced in our Institute also as per CCH norms.
- Till now no proper water- purifier (Aquagard ) in both the hostels after lodging false FIR against 7 students who were not even present at the alleged place at the purported attack on him, only to stall a genuine demand for provision for proper drinking water at Hostel.
- Filed police case against the Post Graduate Trainees as they went for strike for water in their hostel and tried to enforce Sec. 144 of CrPc in the campus. After losing the case, the Director served show cause notice to 4 PG students and forced them to do Hunger strike for continuous 5 days.
- Due to prolonged negligence, the building of the Boys’ & Girl’ Hostel has been damaged and has thus restricted its usable area. The ceilings of the corridors, bathrooms and some of the rooms are falling making our life more dangerous. No action has been taken about this, despite repeated requests over the last 2 years.
- In the girls hostel, there is no proper accommodation for the junior girls. They have to share the beds in twos. It’s in such a condition that in one room 4 junior girls have which is accommodated for 2 girls only.
- In OPDs there is no proper place for the clinical examination of the patient and we are having very less knowledge in clinical examination, thus no patient privacy.
- No emergency department and proper hospital amenities in spite of such a big Institute. USG, X-RAY & ECHO machines are not working properly.
- Unavailability of medicines in the pharmacy and the poor patients have to buy medicine from outside.
- Patients have to walk up to the 3rd floor to the OPD no 1, 2 3 as the lift is not functioning for the last 3 years( Orthopaedic department in 3rd floor).
- On all the occasions, the Director requisites 3-4 police vans in the premises without any cognate reason.
- During his class hours, the Director threatens the students and uses slang and indecent languages if he gets angry in front of everyone.
- Mentally torturing the students and teachers by giving threats of FIR and memo.
- No initiative to resolve the deficiency of full time Pathologist, Gynaecologist, Paediatrician on all working days.
- No proper internet facilities but still the Institute is charging Rs. 2250/- in 1st BHMS Rs. 1500/- in other academic years.
- Obstructing by the Director, debarring the students from participating in the programmes, like Short Scholarship Student initiated by Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy or other similar bodies.
- Sheer negligence and lack of attention reg. conducting any CME program, organising national/ international seminars, workshops, etc.
- Though the Director essentially a homoeopathic doctor with post – graduation degree, but neither he sits in OPD, nor he attends any patient.
- There are no airway or railway ticket concessions for the students of other states and outside Kolkata.
“Out of 89 students only 5 students were having 75% attendance”
Unfortunately students mentioned nothing about the shortage of their attendance. What happened to their attendance and classes ?
Now days students not attending the classes in this prestigious institute?