HOMCO (The Kerala State Homoeopathic Co-operative Pharmacy), Alappuzha, Kerala being managed under the Department of Homoeopathy is completing the construction of India’s largest Homoeopathic medicine manufacturing factory soon.
Another proposal for signing MoU with local farmers for cultivation of Homoeopathic Medicinal plants is also in the pipeline.
Thanks to the support of Government of Kerala & team HOMCO under the leadership of Smt. K. K. Shailaja Teacher (Hon’ble Minister for Health & Social Justice), Sri. Keshvendra Kumar IAS (Secretary, AYUSH), Dr. K. Jamuna, Director of Homoeopathy & Dr. P. Joy (Managing Director, Homco)
- Total area : One lakh square feet
- Total estimate : Rupees 52 crores
- Current turnover : Rs 32 crores
- Current Profit : Rs 6 crores
- Current employees : 140
- Expected turnover : Rs 125 crores
- Expected employment : 225 persons
(Source : FB post by Dr. T. M. Thomas Isaac, Hon’ble Minister for Finance, Government of Kerala. & Dr Rejikumar)