The Indian Institute of Public Health, Delhi (IIPH-D) is pleased to announce its call for applications, for the first batch of Master of Public Health (MPH) being offered in the academic year July 2016-June 2018, affiliated to Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum, an Institute of National Importance under Government of India.
The objective of this program is to:
1. Prepare students in program organization and management, problem solving, and critical thinking in the public health domain.
2. Prepare students to undertake public health research in institutional and field settings.
3. Prepare students to work in socially, culturally and economically diverse populations by being attentive to needs of vulnerable and disadvantaged groups and well versed with existing health systems.
4. Promote qualities of leadership and effective use of communication skills for health advocacy among students.
5. Prepare students for teaching /training posts in public health institutions.
The program brochures and application forms are available on PHFI website: https://phfi.org
The course is open to candidates with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university, with at least 50% marks. Preference will be given to applicants having a graduate/bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields – medical and paramedical sciences, veterinary sciences, management, natural sciences (including biology), social sciences, engineering, law, commerce or accounting, communication or any equivalent qualification with good academic records. Relevant work experience in health or development sector will be an advantage but not mandatory.
The last date of receiving applications for Master of Public Health program is 31st May, 2016. We request you to circulate this announcement among interested / prospective participants.
For further enquiries or nominations, please contact the undersigned at email@example.com
Ms. Ritika Tiwari
Senior Programme Officer – Academics
Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI)
Plot#47, Sector-44, Institutional Area
Tel:+91 124 4722900 (Extn: 4234),+91-7042073761 Fax: +91-124-4781601
- Mr. Benoy Thomas, Assistant Manager, Academics, IIPH-Delhi, Ph: 0124-4722900 (Ext.: 4235). Email:-firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Himanshu Negandhi, Associate Professor, IIPH-Delhi, Ph: 0124-4722900 (Ext.: 4217). Email:-email@example.com
- Dr. Rajesh Nair, Associate Professor, IIPH-Delhi, Ph: 0124-4722900 (Ext.: 4117). Email:-firstname.lastname@example.org