Dr. Vivek N Patil
Sub families: Sambucaceae, Lonicerae.
Sphere of action:
- Joints and bones
- Female genital tract
- Respirator system.
Common features of the group:
- Colicky pains
- Morning sickness/Vomiting
- Menstrual irregularities
- Left sided
Coryza: Sambucus – Infantile coryza, Snuffles, Paroxysmal, Asthmatic
Saponaria – Often breaks up a cold
Triosteum – Atrophic rhinitis
Dropsy: Samucus – Oedema; generalised esp legs, Ac. Nephritis, Frequent micturation
Colicky pains: Sambucus:Appear during rest and disappear on motion
Saponaria: Violent, stitching, neuralgic photophobia
Viburnum op.: Pelvic organs, False labor, Spasmodic & congestive, Sprained.
Triosteum: Numbness of lower limbs after stool.
Abortion: Viburnum op.: Often prevents miscarriage
Viburnum prun: Habitual miscarriage
Nausea and vomiting: Triosteum: On rising, loathing of food followed by vomiting & cramps
Symphoricarpus: Vomiting in pregnancy, > lying on back, < menses
Av –All food, fickle appetite.
Viburnum op., Sambucus: Morning sickness, colic and nausea.
Viburnum op: Menses too late, scanty, lasting a few hours, offensive in odor, with crampy pains, cramps extend down thighs. [Bell.]
- Bearing-down pains before.
- Ovarian region feels heavy and congested.
- Aching in sacrum and pubes, with pain in anterior muscles of thighs [Xanthox.]; spasmodic and membranous dysmenorrhoea. [Borax.] Leucorrhoea, excoriating.
- Smarting and itching of genitals.
- Faint on attempting to sit up.
- Frequent and very early miscarriage, causing seeming sterility.
- Pains from back to loins and womb worse early morning.
- Sambucus nigra: Menses with debilitating sweat.
- Aggravations: lying, except symphoricarpus., motion
- Ameliorations: Rest, rising, sitting – except sambucus.