Dr Sweta Panchani
ABSTRACT: 16 yr old male came at 27/7/2020 with a complaint of warts on the elbow joint with pain and restrict the partial movement of flexion and extension of elbow joint since 2month. And treat with only a single dose of Calc.flour 200 followed by improvement as a whole not given single medicine to patient even not given placebo.
INTRODUCTION: Warts are patches of overgrown skin with hyperkeratosis.this may occur at any age but commonly found in children, adolescence and younger age of adults. In the first few weeks these swelling grow up their full sizes. The main complaint of the patient is disfiguring.Sometime the warts become painful when they are repeatedly rubbed or become infected.These is usually affect hands,face,knee,elbow,sole of feet and Axilla.
TYPE OF WARTS: 5 type of warts
1)Common warts: Common warts usually grow on your fingers and toes, but can appear elsewhere. They have a rough, grainy appearance and a rounded top. Common warts are grayer than the surrounding skin.
2) Plantar warts : Plantar warts grow on the soles of the feet. Unlike other warts, plantar warts grow into your skin, not out of it. You can tell if you have a plantar wart if you notice what appears to be a small hole in the bottom of your foot that is surrounded by hardened skin. Plantar warts can make walking uncomfortable.
3) Flat warts : Flat warts usually grow on the face, thighs, or arms. They are small and not immediately noticeable. Flat warts have a flat top, as if they’ve been scraped. They can be pink, brownish, or slightly yellow.
4) Filiform warts: Filiform warts grow around your mouth or nose and sometimes on your neck or under your chin. They are small and shaped like a tiny flap or tag of skin. Filiform warts are the same color as your skin.
5) Periungual warts : Periungual warts grow under and around the toenails and fingernails. They can be painful and affect nail growth.
- 1)Liquid nitrogen
HOMOEOPATHIC MANAGEMENT :
Calcarea carbonica: Calcarea carbonica is indicated in warts which may be fleshy, horny, painful, and offensive. Patient is usually chilly, lazy and indolent, and fearsome
Causticum: Causticum is indicated in old, pedunculated warts, suppurating with great sensitivity to touch. Hard, horny warts that bleed easily. Deep burns and their effects. Patient is sympathetic and anxious
Dulcamara: Dulcamara is indicated in flat and hard warts located on backs of hands and face. Also indicated in Homeopathic management of large warts. The patient is worse in cold, damp weather, or humidity
Natrum muriaticum: Warts on palms and fingers. Patient is sensitive, sentimental, reserved, and resentful. They also have marked craving for salt
Nitric acidum: Nitric acidum is large, fissured warts that itch and sting or bleed upon washing. This remedy is also indicated for people who are anxious about health and worry about cancer. Often useful for warts that have a horny wall surrounding a central depression or the more common plantar wart
Thuja occidentalis: The most common homeopathic remedy for various kinds of warts. Thuja is indicated in isolated, jagged warts that smell or bleed easily or mosaic warts on the sole of the foot. It is commonly needed for genital warts.
- Wash your hands regularly, especially if you’ve been in contact with someone with warts.
- Don’t pick at your warts.
- Cover warts with a bandage.
- Keep your hands and feet dry.
- Wear shower shoes (flip-flops) when in a locker room or communal bathing facility.
KEYWORD: Warts , Calc.Flour
PATIENT AS A WHOLE
- Name- Mr. XYZ
- Age/ Sex -16 / Male
- Religion – Hindu
- Occupation- Student
- Address – Surat
- Date of case taking: 27/07/2020
Lt side elbow
Since 2 month
HISTORY OF PRESENTING ILLNESS:
The patient’s complaint start before 2 month. Lt side elbow joint warts form. It is pain full to touch and restricted fine movement flexion and extension
Pulse –72 beats/ min
BP: – 120/80mmhg
Respiratory rate: 16/minute
Inspection: Nose: No DNS, No Hypertrophied turbinate. No Polyp.
Palpation: No warmth, No tenderness.
Auscultation: Normal vesicular breathing.
Pain full-on touch
LAB INVESTIGATION: No
ANALYSIS OF SYMPTOM:
|COMMON SYMPTOM||UNCOMMON SYMPTOM|
|Elbow joint bending of|
MEDICINAL SELECTED: CALCAREA FLOUR
BASIS OF SELECTION:
In Kent repertory extremities section Warts- Upper limb – Elbow bend of – Calc.Flour only single medicine is given
FIRST PRESCRIPTION: 27-07-2020
CALC. FLOUR 200 single dose
|DATE||FOLLOW UP||MEDICINE PRESCRIBED|
|1/8/2020||No given any Medicine|
|8/8/2020||No given any Medicine|
CASE SUMMARY: 16 yr old male complains of warts on elbow joint for 2 month. Complain of pain to touch and restricted fine movement. Given CALC. FLOUR 200 single-dose and warts disappear no need to the repetition of medicine
CONCLUSION: This case to learn about the beauty of a single dose of medicine. Also we learn about rubric selection. According to Bounninghusen gradation of remedy when given single medicine in rubric only 1 mark cover. Their effect is equivalence to 3 mark medicine.
- Das s. Clinical surgery eleventh edition
- Kent J.T. repertory
- Phatak S.R Materia medica of Homoeopathic medicine,. New Delhi : B. Jain Publishers (P) L
M.D.Part 1: Department of Materia Medica
Jawaharlal Nehru Homeopathic Medical Collage, Vadodra , Gujarat