The Forum on Indian Traditional Medicine (FITM), established at Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS) in collaboration with the Ministry of AYUSH, is a common platform for all actors and stakeholders to come together to contribute to pragmatic policy making in the area of Indian Traditional Medicines (ITMs) .
One of the objectives of the FITM is to undertake studies on various issues pertaining to ITMs. These include assessment of regulatory frameworks, including protection and promotion of traditional medicinal knowledge in India and other countries. The ultimate aim is to promote access to and expansion of Indian Systems of Medicine.
Categories of Fellowships
- Doctoral Fellowships
- Postdoctoral Fellowships
The duration of the Doctoral Fellowships will be of two years from the date of award. The duration of the Postdoctoral Fellowship will be of one year from the date of award.
- Research Fellowships are open to scholars with educational backgrounds in any of AYUSH disciplines.
- Additional qualification in any other specialisation especially IT is desirable.
- Outstanding candidates from other disciplines may be considered.
- Doctoral Research Fellowship applicant should be a full time PhD scholar in any
UGC recognised Indian University, deemed University /Institute.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship applicant should have obtained his/her PhD degree
at the time of application for the Fellowship.
Selection Procedure : The selection of the Research Fellows will be made by the Fellowship Committee of the FITM.
Online applications will be invited on all India basis through press advertisement. The information with respect to inviting applications is also to be made available on the RIS /FITM website http://www.fitm.ris.org.in/fellowship and Ministry of AYUSH website
http://www.ayush.gov.in. Applicants are required to apply on-line.
Amount of Fellowship
- The total (lumpsum) amount of each Doctoral Research Fellowship will be a maximum of INR 5/- lakh (Rupees Five Lakh Only) per year.
- The total (lumpsum) amount of Postdoctoral Fellowship will be a maximum of INR 7.5/- lakh (Rupees Seven Lakh Fifty Thousand Only) per year.
- No other grant or allowance or assistance will be provided by FITM.
- The amount sanctioned to a Fellow will be disbursed in quarterly instalments, subject to the satisfactory progress of the project and/or recommendation of the Fellowship
Committee to that effect after its review.
The Doctoral Research Fellow is required to complete the research project within a period of two years from the date of the award of Fellowship with no extension.
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow is required to complete the research project within a period of one year from the date of the award of Fellowship with no extension.
Last date : 15th September 2018
More details : https://files.secureserver.net/0s3an77OOJ2Rni
Website : http://fitm.ris.org.in/fellowship