Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 1 (PTI) Kerala Health Minister Veena George on Saturday said developmental projects worth Rs 97.77 crore would be implemented in the ‘Ayush’ sector in the State this year.
Compared to the previous years, a three-fold increase has been made in the allocations to the sector, which comprises streams, including Ayurveda and Homeopathy, she said.
In addition to the existing 240 units as new projects, 280 new ayush dispensaries would be upgraded as “Aysuh Arogya Swasthya Kendras”, the Minister said here in a statement.
A 50-bed ayush-integrated hospital would be set up at Attappadi, one of the most backward tribal settlements, at a cost of Rs 15 crore, she said adding that similar integrated hospitals would be set up in Kottarakkara and Adoor by spending Rs 10.50 crore and Rs 7.5 crore respectively, George said.
Schemes worth Rs 5.25 crore have been given approval to make two Government Ayurvedic Medical Colleges and two homeopathic government medical colleges patient-friendly.
Setting up of 5 district ayush laboratories for low-cost tests, mobile treatment facilities in tribal areas, yoga centres in three district headquarters, lifestyle disease diagnosis scheme and so on were among the various proposed programmes in the sector, the Minister added
Major Projects in Homoeopathy
- Homoeopathy Ayurveda Siddha integrated Hospital in Attapadi palakad 15 Cr
- Homoeopathy integrated hospital in Pathanamthitta 7.5 cr
- Malappuram Vandoor Cancer Care hsopital 1 Cr
- 5 new Homoeopathy dispensories 30 Lakh each
- 112 new Homoeopathy Ayush wellness centres
- GHMC Calicut renovaton seminar hall, library, patient friendly facilities 41 Lakh
- GHMC Trivandrum Pediatric Unit, General Emergency Unit 85 Lakh
- KASH AYUSH accrditation for 23 homoeopathy hospitals 5 lakh each
- New National School Health Program in 14 dsitricts
- 6 MO, 44 support staff posts
- 5 new tribal mobile medical units
- 2 homoeopathy musculo skeletal disorder Units
- Speech and Audiology Unit in calicut homoeopathy hospital
- Physiotherpay unit in Thrissur district Homeo hospital
- District Ayush laboratories
- 5 telemedicne units
- Ayush digital news letter
- State Ayush research Cordination