Location: Sector A-8,Narela, Delhi
Formerly it was announced as All India Institute of Homoeopathy but later there is a policy decision not to establish new autonomous institution by Govt of India.therefore registering AIIH as an independent autonomous organisation was becoming difficult. Therefore, the new institute has been made an extension of NIH, Kolkata. This is for administrative reasons only.
- The institute, an extension of National Institute of Homoeopathy, Kolkata, would be set up on 10 acre land, an official statement said.
- This National Institute of Homoeopathy in Narela is proposed to be a 100 bed Research & tertiary care Hospital
- It would target only post graduation and PhD level teaching to fill up the gap in high quality research and treatment in Homoeopathy.
- The institute will offer postgraduate courses in seven disciplines. Total seven students per department per academic year will be allowed to take admissions in PG courses.
- The OPD part of the hospital will consist of general and speciality clinic.
- The Institute will have 10 Departments
- 10 Specialty clinics with interdisciplinary research laboratories wherein 60 Scholars will have access to Post Graduate and Doctoral (MD and PhD/ DM) programs every year.
- It will also impart re-orientation training and continuing Medical Education to Homoeopathic Physicians and Teachers.
It would aim at bringing a valid and useful synergy between established practices of Homoeopathy and modern tools and technology in modern health care. The institute would offer postgraduate and doctoral courses in various disciplines of Homoeopathy and focus on fundamental research, drug development, standardization, quality control, safety evaluation and scientific validation of Homoeopathy medicine and practices. This institute shall also function as an International Collaborative Centre for global promotion and research in Homoeopathy.
Narela in New Delhi is the border area of Delhi in proximity to town of Sonipat, in the State of Haryana. Area does not have any research Institutes in health care. High per capita income and higher population density qualify the location for AIIH. The Ministry of AYUSH has sourced 10 Acers of land from DDA for construction of the Institute. The availability of most of the herbs and processing units makes this location ideal for building such an Institute. Proximity to Delhi & NCR ensures good number of patients as well as research scholars and Homoeopathy practitioners.
The project will be for five years but will continue in future as an autonomous All India Institute
- Director 1
- Professor (in different Departments) : 7
- Associate Professor (in different Departments) : 7
- Assistant Professor (in different Departments) 7
- Lecturer :7
(ii) HOSPITAL STAFF
- Medical Superintendent
- Senior Medical Officer (Casualty)
- Dy. Medical Superintendent
- Bio Statistician
- Bio Chemist
- Consultant General Medicine
- Consultant General Surgery
- 11 Consultant Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Consultant Radiologist
- Consultant Pediatric Medicine
- Consultant Pathologist
- Medical Officer (Blood Bank)
- Consultant Anesthesiology
- Nursing Superintendent
- 19 Supervising Physiotherapist
- Dy. Nursing Superintendent
- Chief Medical Record Officer
- Asstt. Nursing Superintendent
- Senior Physiotherapist
- Nursing Staff
- Assistant Dietician
- CSSD Officer
- Yoga Instructor
- Nursing Gr.II
- Sr. Medical Record Officer
- CSSD Supervisor
- MRI Technician
- Lab Technician
- Waste Management Technician
- Operation Theatre Technician
- Technical Assistant
- Statistical Assistant
- Anesthesiology Assistant
- CSSD Assistant
- Radiology Assistant
- Lab Assistant
- ECG Technician
- Operation Theatre Assistant
- Sonography Assistant
- Registration Clerk
- Medical Record Clerk
- Lab Attendant
Library: 4 post
Quality control and lab research: 25
Administrative : 161