MCQS in Materia Medica
1. If vertigo and headache be very persistent or prostration be prolonged after Nat Mur , — will relieve:
(A) Gels (B) Apis (C) Glonoine (D) Nux-vom
2. Believes that she is going to die soon that she cannot be helped:
(A) Aconite (B) Hydrastis (C) Agnus-C (D) Hell
3. Irritable; pains are accompanied by excitement
(A) Aconite (B) Cham (C) Coffea (D) Causticum
4. Convulsions of single muscle
(A) Ignatia (B) Cup-Met (C) Mag-phos (D) Bufo
5. Which one of the following is the treatment of choice for recurrent / sub-acute appendicitis ?
(A) Belladonna (B) Rust tox (C) Lycopodium (D) Iris tenax
6. 4-8 P.M. aggravation in Bowel nosodes:
(A) Morgon gartner (B) Morgon pure (C) Proteus (D) Bacillus-7
7. Morning diarrhoea and evening constipation:
(A) Aloes (B) Sulph (C) Bryonia (D) Nat-Mur
8. Match List-I (Medicine)with List-II (Keynote) and select the correct answer using the codes below
List-I List -II
A. Camphora 1. Leucorrhoea preventing pregnancy
B Caulophylum 2. Sequelae of measles
C. Thuja occ. 3. Coition prevented by extreme sensitiveness of vagina
D. Lycopodium 4. Coition prevented by extreme dryness of vagina
(A) A B C D (B) A B C D (C) A B C D (D) A B C D
2 1 3 4 2 1 4 3 1 2 4 3 4 3 1 2
9. Aversion to mother:
(A) Raphanus (B) Silicia (C) Caust (D) Thuja
10. Backache is relieved by lying on abdomen. One drug is Acetic Acid; another is:
(A) Nat-Mur (B) Medo (C) Kalicarb (D) Tuber
11. Slow in learning to walk and talk due to sluggish development of mind:
(A) Agaricus (B) CaI-carb (C) Aethusa (D) Bar-carb
12. Marasmus with retracted abdomen:
(A) Abrotinum (B) Nat-Mur (C) Cal-carb (D) Cal-phos
13. Angry at trifles and perfectly harmless things, but is soon sorry for it:
(A) Nat-Mur (B) Ignatia (C) Cham (D) Mez
14. Asthma worse in foggy weather as per Boerricke:
(A) Nat-Sulph (B) Dulc. (C) Rhus-Tox (D) Hypericum
15. Complaints from eating melons and drinking impure water as per Boerricke:
(A) Zingiber (B) Pyrogen (C) Dulc. (D) Nat-Sulph
16. Cal-carb and Bar-carb – Drug relation:
(A) Concordant (B) Incompatible (C) Antidote (D) Complementary
17. All Acid drugs are thirstless except:
(A) Acid-pic (B) Lac-Acid (C) Oxalic Acid (D) Acitic Acid
Directions: – The following item consists of two statements; one labeled as the ‘Assertion (A)’ and the other as ‘Reason(R)’. You are to examine these two statements carefully and select the answers to these items using the codes given below:
(A) Both A and R are individually true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(B) Both A and R are individually true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(C) A is true but R is false.
(D) A is false but R is true.
18. Assertion (A) : Thuja is the king of antisycotic remedies.
Reason (R) : Thuja can cure each and every type of warts at each and every locations.
19. Cough is better by lying down and aggravated in day time:
(A) Hyos (B) Medo (C) Puls (D) Manganum
20. The pains are tearing and aching – the seat of the disease is:
(A) Serous membranes (B) Mucus membrane (C) Tendons (D) Muscles
21. Which one of the following is the correct order that matches with the sequential order of ‘amelioration from coffee’, ‘aggravation from coffee’ and ‘desire for coffee’ ?
(A) Ignatia, Angustura, Chamomilla (B) Angustura, Ignatia, Chamomilla
(C) Ignatia, Chamomilla, Angustura (D) Chamomilla, Ignatia, Angustura
22. A child suffering from acute tonsillitis is presented with the symptoms of throat pain associated with pain in ears which got aggravated by warm drinks and better by cold drinks. Which one of the following is the likely remedy ?
(A) Merc. Sol. (B) Belladonna (C) Arsenic album (D) Phytolacca
23. Blue Leucorrhoea — in Kent Repertory:
(A) Ambra grisea (B) Sepia (C) Hydrastis (D) Alumina
24. Which of the following symptoms is not peculiar to Antim. crud ?
(A) Loss of voice from becoming over-heated.
(B) Craving for cold bathing.
(C) Constant discharge of flatus up and down, for years ; belching tasting of ingesta.
(D) Irresistible desire to talk in rhymes.
25. “Extraordinary craving for apples” is found in :
(A) Aloes, only. (B) Ant-tart. only. (C) Aloes & Ant-tart. (D) Ant-tart. & Ant-crud.
26. “Vomiting in any position except lying on right side” is a characteristic feature of:
(A) Ars. alb . (B) Ipecac. (C) Bismuth. (D) None of these drugs.
27. Which of the following symptoms is common to Kali bich. Apis mel. and Lac can ?
(A) Shifting nature of pain (B) Thirstlessness with dry tongue.
(C) Obsessiveness with forgetfulness.
(D) Delayed, scantly, painful menses with increased sexual desire and weeping disposition.
28. Match List-I (Medicine) with List-II (Source of Medicine) and select the correct answer using the codes given below the lists :
A. Aranea Diadema 1. Orange Spider
B Mygale Lasiodora 2. Spanish Spider
C Tarentula Hispanica 3. Papal-cross Spider
D. Theridion. c 4. Black Cuban Spider
(A) A B C D (B) A B C D (C) A B C D (D) A B C D
3 2 4 1 1 4 2 3 3 4 2 1 1 2 4 3
29. Consider the following symptoms
1. Bad effects from loss of sleep
2. Nausea, vomiting from riding in carriage
3. Gall stones with pain under right shoulder blade
4. Excessive prostration at menstrual nisus
Which of these are the guiding symptoms of Cocculus indica?
(A) l,3 and 4 (B) 2, 3 and 4 (C) 1, 2 and 4 (D) 1,2 and 3
30. “Vicarious menstruation” is a common feature of:
(A) Bryonia and Phosphorus. (B) Phosphorus and Sabina.
(C) Bryonia and Sabina. (D) Bryonia, Sabina and Phosphorus.
31. “Craving for salt” is a common feature of:
(A) Nat. mur. and Sepia. (B) Nat. mur. and Graphites.
(C) Phos. and Graphites. (D) Phosphorus and Argentum nit.
32. “Craving for milk” is found in :
(A) Rhus-t & Aethusa (B) Sabad & Nat. carb. (C) Rhus tox. & Sabad (D) Rhus-t & Nat. carb.
33. Opium, Chelidonium and Plumbum met, have the following characteristic symptom in common:
(A) Right sided’ paralysis. (B) Black, ball like stool
(C) Sweat on the covered parts. (D) Dementia of the aged persons.
34. Petroleum. Nat. carb. and Phosphorus manifest which the following symptoms, in common ?
(A) Aggravation from eating cabbage. (B) Diarrhoea after taking milk.
(C) Ailments from riding in a carriage. (D) Complaints < before & during thunderstorm.
35. “Aversion to sweet” is found in :
(A) Sepia. (B) Tuberculinum. (C) Staphysagria. (D) Graphites
36. The medicine (s) usually used in contused wound is/are :
(A) Arnica only. (B) Hamamelis only. (C) Arnica & Hamamelis. (D) Neither Arn nor Hamamelis.
37. According to H.C. Alien, in “delirium” :
(A) Belladonna occupies a place midway between Hyoscyamus and Stramonium.
(B) Hyoscyamus occupies a place midway between Belladonna and Stramonium.
(C) Stramonium occupies a place midway between Belladonna and Hyoscyamus.
(D) Stramonium can be prescribed when Belladonna and Hyoscyamus fail to relieve.
38. In Hyoscyamus, cough is :
(A) < when lying down, at night, after drinking, talking and > by sitting up,
(B) < while sitting up, during day time, after eating, > while lying down.
(C) < while lying down, at night, > after eating and drinking.
(D) < talking, singing, > while lying down.
39. “Thin, watery Leucorrhoea” is commonly not found in :
(A) Sepia. (B) Alumina. (C) Syphilinum. (D) Hydrastia can.
40. Find the correct order/sequence of medicines to be prescribed :
(A) Sulph. à Calc. carb. à Lyco
(B) Calc.carb. à Sulph. à Lyco.
(C) Lyco à Calc. carb. à Sulph.
(D) Sulphur à Lyco. à Calc.carb.
41. Find the odd match (Drug – symptom) out:
(A) Sepia – fond of company. (B) Causticum – Sympathetic.
(C) Lachesis – loquacious.’ (D) Nat. mur. – obsessive.
42. Which of the following medicines is fastidious :
(A) Lycopodium. (B) Aconite nap. (C) Carcinosin. (D) Tuberculinum.
43. In which of the following medicines, “aversion to company” is found :
(A) Nat. mur. (B) Bismuth. (C) Lac. can. (D) Kali carb.
44. Calc. phos., Baryta carb. and Gelsemium have the following symptom, in common :
(A) Amelioration of complaints when thinking of them.
(B) Aggravation of symptoms when thinking of them.
(C) Aggravation of symptoms when lying on the left side
(D) All symptoms are worse during mense mental labour and at night.
45. Complementary to Psorinum” is :
(A) Sulphur only. (B) Tuberculinum only.
(C) Both Sulphur and Tuberculinum. (D) Neither Sulphur nor Tuberculinum.
46. According to William Boericke, Psorinum patient does not improve while using :
(A) Coffee. (B) Cigarette. (C) Tea. (D) Opium.
47. “Alternate diarrhoea and constipation” is not found in :
(A) Abrotanum. (B) Croton tig. (C) Antim. crud. (D) Sulphur.
48. “Bleeding from warts” is the characteristics symptom of:
(A) Nit.acid. (B) Calc.carb. (C)- Dulcamara. (D) Nat. mur.
49. “Urticaria after violent exercise” indicates :
(A) Sepia. (B) Nat. mur. (C) Rhus tox. (D) Arnica.
50. “Itching without eruptions” belongs to the pathogenesis of:
(A) Graphites. (B) Dolichos. (C) Nat.mur. (D) Sarsaparilla
Prepared by Dr. R. Rejikumar
Medical Officer, Department of Homoeopathy. Govt. of Kerala
Answer key plz
Please send answer key.
Ans key plz…
what about key answer to MCQ