Central Sector Scheme for supporting Continuing Medical Education and Exposure programs of AYUSH
AYUSH teachers and practitioners, sometimes, do not have access to professional journals and web-based CME like their allopathic counterparts.
There is a need for upgrading their professional competence & skills. Emerging trends of health care and scientific outcomes necessitate time to time enhancement of professional knowledge of teachers, practitioners and researchers. Many issues of the profession cannot be covered through stereotyped course curricula, and need augmentation & clarification through direct interaction with the resource persons and domain experts. Good Clinical Practices and Good Teaching Practices are the two areas where AYUSH practitioners and teachers need to be regularly updated to keep up the standards of health delivery and adequate training of students respectively in accordance with the emerging demands.
Similarly, use of Information Technology as a tool for widespread dissemination of AYUSH developments and updates is need of the hour in the present era of fast changing trends & methodologies. Web-based educational programs like the ones conducted by UGC are required for AYUSH for wider dissemination of current information and trends. The services of AYUSH paramedics and health workers are also of utmost importance in health care. Hence, the upgradation of knowledge of these personnel with updates and changing trends is proposed under this Scheme.
The updated pattern of the scheme is based on the experience gained during 9th & 10th Plans, feedback received from various institutions and requirements for varied nature of training of AYUSH personnel and their exposure to AYUSH centres of best practices. Overall structure of the scheme is aimed at encouraging AYUSH personnel to undergo need-based professional training and bridge the knowledge gaps.
Last date of application : 15th April 2012 ( Likely to be extended)
PURPOSE OF TRAINING TO TEACHERS AND DOCTORS:
- To encourage AYUSH professionals to undergo need-based professional orientation and professional skill development in an organized manner.
- To update the professional knowledge of teaching material and clinical care to teachers and doctors respectively.
- To impart good teaching practices and teaching methodology to teachers for adequate training of students.
- To encourage the use of Information technology and web-based education programmes for widespread dissemination of AYUSH developments and updates.
- To train doctors in good clinical practices and emerging trends of health care and scientific outcomes for keeping up the standards to health care delivery.
- To provide information to doctors on professional journals to keep them professionally updated.
- To encourage AYUSH paramedics and health workers to undergo periodical training for improving health care services in hospitals and dispensaries.
- To arrange need-based management training programmes to administrators of AYUSH institutions and hospitals on health aspects for delivering quality services.
- To update regarding R & D activities in AYUSH systems.
- To apprise regarding new Acts / notifications and other information addressing regulatory issues in AYUSH systems.
- To highlight the areas of research and avenues for collaborative activities.
(I) CME programmes & Exposure Visits
- 6-day subject-/specialty-specific CME programme for AYUSH teachers.
- 6-day introductory programme of AYUSH systems for allopathic and foreign doctors/students.
- 6-day specialized training for AYUSH paramedics/health workers.
- 3-day/5-day Management training to AYUSH administrators/heads of departments/institutions.
(II) Continuing Medical Education (CME) Programmes & exposure visits for AYUSH doctors.
- Theme-specific six-day/three-day CME programme for AYUSH practitioners at district and sub-district levels.
- Six-day exposure visit cum CME programme for AYUSH doctors at specialized centres of best & innovative practices.
All the above programmes under (I) and (II) would be modular in nature.
(III) Web-based educational programmes
- Preparation of subject-/specialty-specific AYUSH modules/CDs/DVDs for wider dissemination through web-based training programmes.
- Preparation, launch and running of web-based journal.
(IV) Preparation of Peer Reviewed Journals in CDs/DVDs or Making available the lectures of CMEs in CDs/DVDs in AYUSH sector:
- Preparation of peer-review journals in CDs/DVDs for up-to-date education and research developments in AYUSH sector for up- gradation of professional knowledge of professionals.
- Preparation of CDs/DVDs on lectures delivered at various CME programmes to facilitate distance learning of AYUSH for wider dissemination, and up-gradation of professional knowledge of practitioners.
(V) Organizations having domain knowledge like the National Institutes viz., Rashtriya Ayurved Vidyapeeth and others and universities/deemed universities and reputed organisations will be supported for the benefit of AYUSH fraternity for the following:
- a) To develop training material, courses, modules, CDs and structured programs;
- b) To design and develop innovative CME courses for AYUSH practitioners;
- c) To develop IT interface (software) for innovative CME courses;
- d) To establish a special cell in Health/AYUSH universities for registration of AYUSH & IT organizations and to coordinate the deputation of AYUSH teachers for training programs.
- e) To provide exposure of best practices in clinical and hospital management areas to AYUSH teachers & practitioners.
- f) To conduct innovative short term training program for teachers at reputed AYUSH institutions on subjects as under
Financial assistance through the scheme will be provided to the following institutions/organizations on receipt of component-specific proposals.
Criteria for Resource Persons:
1. CME for Teachers:
- Renowned Teacher/Researcher/Practitioner holding PG qualification with 10 years of teaching/clinical/ research experience in AYUSH in concerned subject/specialty and having good communication skills.
- Preference to those having prestigious publications to his/her credit.
- In case of Non-Medical subjects, those holding PG qualification with 15 years of experience in the concerned area or Ph.D. with 5 years’ experience for Bio-science, Bio-statistics etc.
2. CME for Doctors: Teachers/ private practitioners holding Graduate degree with at least 15 years of clinical experience and eminent in the concerned subject/specialty.
3. CME for Paramedics and Health Workers: Renowned Teacher / Researcher / Practitioner holding PG qualification with 5 years of teaching/clinical/ research/nursing experience in AYUSH in concerned subject/specialty and having good communication skills.
4. Management Training: Qualified and experienced faculty of reputed institutions.
Criteria for institutions: Institutions having own conference hall & good audio-video facilities may be preferred.
How to Apply: Application for seeking grant to conduct Continuing Medical Education Programme for teachers /doctors or other programs is to be made, in the proforma given at Annexure – A to-
The Director (CME Scheme) The Director
Department of AYUSH Rashtriya Ayurveda Vidyapeeth
Ministry of Health & FW Dhanwantary Bhawan, Road No-66
Red Cross Building Punjabi Bagh (West)
NEW DELHI-110 001. New Delhi-110 026.
For more details and Application forms:
Module for Homeopathy