Role of homoeopathic constitutional medicines in the treatment of cases of vitiligo
- DR. Nishant Kumar, B.H.M.S , M.D
- DR Tarkeshwar Jain, B.H.M.S , M.D Registrar Homoeopathy University, Head of Department Materia Medica Saipura, Sanganer, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Dr Ankit Dubey, B.H.M.S, M.D Head of Department Materia Medica, Solan Homoeopathic Medical College, Solan, H.P
A total of 100 well diagnosed cases of Vitiligo were registered for treatment from October 20016 to October 2018. Clinical diagnosis followed by constitutional treatment with homoeopathic medicines showed amazing results in majority of cases. Out of 100 cases 25 cases showed complete repigmentation of all the white patches while 29 cases showed much improvement in few patches and rest 29 cases did not show any response to the treatment. 17 cases worsened after treatment in which increment in size and number of white patches was observed. Duration of treatment varied from case to case depending on the size and number of the white patches and response of the patient. In depth case taking was done in each and every case on holistic principle giving more emphasis on causation and mental symptoms. The outcome of this study is very encouraging which gives new dimensions and confidence to young Homoeopaths in the treatment of Vitiligo by Hahnemaanian principles of minimum dose and minimum repetition.
Keywords : Vitiligo, Leucoderma, Constitutional Medicines, Melanocytes, Homoeopathy, Psycho-somatic,
- To ascertain the efficacy of homoeopathic constitutional medicines in the treatment of Vitiligo.
- Homoeopathic drugs have definite action on melanocytic cells which starts reproducing melanin resulting in repigmentation in white spots.
- To produce photographic evidence and to prepare a data base in the treatment of Vitiligo
- The ascertain that the recurrence of Vitiligo nil or very less when treated by Homoeopathic constitutional medicines on the basis of Holistic Hahnemaanian Principles.
- Patients- Hundred(100) patients of well diagnosed cases of Vitiligo where enrolled from October 20016 to October 2018. All the cases were assessed clinically by pre and post treatment photographs.
- Repertorization – all cases were repertorised using RADAR Software
- Analysis and Evaluation was done in each and every case considering the totality of symptoms according to Holistic Principles of Homoeopathy
- Selection of medicine was done strictly on the basis of Totality of symptoms by proper analysis and evaluation of each and every case.
- Dosage and Potency of the medicine was decided on the basis of Susceptibility of each and every individual case.
- Outcome assessment was decided on the basis of photographic evidence of Pre and post treatment photographs.
Download full paper here
Be the first to comment