The West Bengal University of Health Sciences invites application for the Post graduate Homoeopathy Entrance Courses in various Homoeopathy Medical Colleges of West Bengal including NIH (National Institute of Homoeopathy)
Last date : 16.09.2013
Date of Admission Test On Sunday 29.09.2013 (12 noon to 1.20 p.m.)
Eligibility : Candidates who have passed B.H.M.S. degree, Graded B.H.M.S. degree from any recognized University from anywhere in India
- The candidates who have completed their rotating internship for one year after passing the B.H.M.S examination on or before 30.06.2013 are eligible to apply.
- Application for admission to MD (Homoeopathy) Courses will not be accepted unless the candidates have got themselves registered (Provisional or Permanent) with any State Council of Homoeopathy or Central Council of Homoeopathy.
- Candidates who are already pursuing any other course are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates who have already been conferred MD (Homoeopathy) in one discipline/course is considered eligible for the Courses.
Filling up forms : On- line application forms be filled up. Print copy of the same is presented, along with scanned signature and photograph of candidate, thumb impression and Bank Draft of Rs. 2000 and copy of identity card (EPIC/PAN be send by post) as per schedule.
A written test
Exam will be conducted by the WBUHS to prepare category / caste-wise merit lists of the eligible candidates seeking admission to the MD (Homoeopathy) Courses. The question paper for the written test shall be set in English and shall contain 100 single best response type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
The following is the list showing the tentative number of questions from different subjects which will be set in the written test:
1. Anatomy, Physiology, Paediatrics, F.M.T , Community Medicine, Surgery, Obst. & Gynae and Pathology – 40 nos.
2. Practice of Medicine, Case taking & Repertory, Materia Medica, Homoepathic Pharmacy and Organon of Medicine & Philosophy – 60 nos.
The duration of the written test will be of 80 minutes.
Marks : A candidate will be awarded four marks for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted for incorrect answer. No mark will be given more than one response for a question. No deduction of mark will be made for questions not attempted.
Candidates who will secure a minimum of 40 marks in the written test for the seats reserved for SC and ST candidate , 45 marks for OBC candidates and minimum of 50 marks for general categories candidates will be empanelled for selection
MD (Hom) Colleges :
- National Institute of Homoeopathy, Salt Lake, Kolkata
- D. N. De Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, 12, Gobinda Khatick Road, Kolkata – 700 046
- Mahesh Bhattacharya Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital, Drainage Canal Road, Doomurjola, Howrah
Subjects : Materia Medica, Repertory, Organon of medicine, Pediatrics, Practice of Medicine, Homeopathic Pharmacy
Total seats :
D.N. De Homeopathic Medical College
- Materia Medica : 6
- Organon : 6
- Repertory : 6
Mahesh Battacharya Homeopathic Medical College
- Repertory : 6
National Institute of Homeopathy
- Materia Medica : 9
- Organon : 9
- Repertory : 9
- Pediatrics : 3
- Practice of Medicine : 3
- Homeopathic Pharmacy : 3
Two (2) seats in National Institute of Homoeopathy are reserved for BIMSTEC countries. Seats for BIMSTEC countries will be kept reserved. No candidate will be allowed to get admitted from the merit list in the said two seats. In case no candidates are sponsored by ICCR / Department. Of AYUSH, Government of India, the seats shall remain vacant.
T h e exact number of MD (Homoeopathy) seats in different disciplines to be offered for admission will be available during counseling and in www.wbuhsexams.in/www.wbuhs.ac.in before counseling, if the number of seats is revised within the period
C a n d i d a t e will fill in forms accurately and write appropriate name of the University bank draft, otherwise his/her application will not be considered and bank draft will be returned on his/her personal appearance at the University after 29 September 2013.
- Forms to be submitted Online in www.thewbuhs.net Between 02.09.2013 to 16.09.2013, 6:00pm
- Submission of print-copy of forms along with bank draft at W.B. University of Health Sciences (except Saturday, Sunday and Holidays) Between 02.09.2013 to 17.09.2013 (11.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.)
- Print-copies will not be received in the office of the WBUHS in person after 17.09.2013. Print copies sent by Speed/ Registered post will be received up to 19.09.2013, provided the Bankers’ cheque/ Demand Draft are purchased on or before 16.09.2013..
- Admit Card will be made available directly from website From 25.09.2013 evening
- Those who will not able to get the Admit Card from Website may contact University between Friday 27-09-2013 & Saturday 28-09-2013 (from 11.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m)
- Date of Admission Test On Sunday 29.09.2013 (12 noon to 1.20 p.m.)
- Declaration of result On or before 07.10. 2013
THE WEST BENGAL UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
DD – 36, Sector – I, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700 064